Today's Daily Wail front page

CurtainRaiser

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow - you know its bad when even the Daily Mail can't defend it.

Excuse seems to be his wife was suicidal. So what did he do? He went out and solicited £500,000 in bribes to push his hirers into the VIP lane for taxpayer funded contracts. (and pelmet seems to think that doesn't make himself a loser from)

Thats his excuse ... Really?

Apparently its not the good honest firms going out of business because they won't pay bribes that we should sympathise with.

Its the Tory taking bribes to push the bent ones ito the VIP lane who we should sympathise with

His wife was suicidal so going out soliciting bribes was the obvious thing to do...

And Johnson forced it through with a three line whip, after sacking all the MPs with any backbone.

But at least Labour will boycott Johnson's puppets “Their plan is to permanently weaken the structures that hold MPs to high standards. They’ve appointed their own man to oversee the process – a Tory MP who not long ago was the prime minister’s wife’s boss – and gifted themselves a majority on a committee to set the new rules.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/03/labour-will-boycott-sleaze-commission-says-keir-starmer

John52 - 2021-11-04 8:04 AM

pelmetman - 2021-11-04 8:02 AM

The LOSER Brigade don't like it Up em Captian Mainwaring >:-) ...........

(lol) (lol) (lol) .........

whats that supposed to mean?

.... did you get a share of Patterson's £500k bribes?

Or are you a LOSER who is paying for them?

.. how much do you think it will cost us for these VIP lane contracts if those who hired Patterson are willing to pay £500k to get them?

... how many good honest firms are going to be 'LOSERS' because they wouldn't pay bribes?

Are you referring to the Tory MPs who opposed Johnson ?

I wouldn't call them losers - morally, they are the winners.

:-|

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-11-04 8:47 AM

Were they all Remoaners? ;-) .........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2021-11-04 8:36 AM

.. how much do you think it will cost us for these VIP lane contracts if those who hired Patterson are willing to pay £500k to get them?

... how many good honest firms are going to be 'LOSERS' because they wouldn't pay bribes?

Nope........I haven't paid a penny towards Patterson's additional income as far as I'm aware ;-) .......

Although as a taxpayer I did pay towards your chums 4.1 million bung to create just 50 jobs 25 years ago 8-) ........

I dont recall being asked if I was willing to pick up his tab *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-11-04 9:01 AM

Nope........I haven't paid a penny towards Patterson's additional income as far as I'm aware ;-) .......

Oh but you have, as have all taxpayers (well I suppose based on that criteria you might not have?) but the taxpayer has paid out £347,000,000 to the company that employs him.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-testing-randox-owen-paterson-b1613424.html

Although as a taxpayer .......

So why do you think these firms bunged him £500k if it wasn't to get their hands on your (taxpayer's) money?

And why is Johnson keeping the details of what your money was spent on from you?

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-04 9:11 AM

Oh but you have, as have all taxpayers (well I suppose based on that criteria you might not have?) but the taxpayer has paid out £347,000,000 to the company that employs him.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-testing-randox-owen-paterson-b1613424.html

So your complaint is what? ;-) .........

That they managed to blag more money of the taxpayer than you? *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-11-04 8:55 AM

I realise this is all a bit above your level of understanding Dave, but yesterdays vote was nothing to do with Brexit.

malc d - 2021-11-04 9:46 AM

I realise this is all a bit above your level of understanding Dave, but yesterdays vote was nothing to do with Brexit.

I Would argue it is Malc. Its Brexit that has delivered and enabled the most corrupt government in UK history. Without it Johnson would never have had a sniff at the top job.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-04 8:11 AM

I just don’t know what Boris Johnson has got against the standards commissioner who found he broke the rules by having no idea who was paying for his £15,000 holiday to Mustique

I suspect Johnson is worried about future enquiries

He is doing everything he can to delay the release of information on where our money has gone.

Barryd999 - 2021-11-04 9:49 AM

I Would argue it is Malc. Its Brexit that has delivered and enabled the most corrupt government in UK history. Without it Johnson would never have had a sniff at the top job.

Yes, indirectly its Brexit

Same as indirectly we are paying Patterson's bribes - many times over

"Owen Patterson is being given £100,000 a year for 8 hours « work« a month. He called for pensioners to work in fields and voted against free school meals for kids. The man is sociopathic criminal scum incapable of understanding why his lobbying is wrong. This country is now officially being run by a Junta with a veneer of democracy supported the far right tax avoiding media moguls.

For 8 hours a month he gets the salary of more than 3 nurses or 6 full time cleaners, or 184 couples on Universal Credit.

All paid lobbying should be a criminal offence for serving MP´s, if they can´t survive on 82 grand a year and 30 grand expenses they aren´t fit to vote on the country´s finances.

The UK is marching on towards a Fascist state before you know it every couple getting married will be given one of Johnson´s books paid for by the state like Hitler did with Mein Kampf making him a millionaire in the process.

Brexit Britain is becoming Nazi Britain."

Barryd999 - 2021-11-04 9:49 AM

If you are saying that everything that this government does is because they are in charge - obviously that is true.

Everything that happens for the next 50 years or more is affected by Brexit - but I can't see the point of harking back to Brexit every time something happens that you don't like.

We are where we are, as they say, and you can't do much about it.

The vote yesterday was about standards of conduct in parliament - and Johnson efforts to change the rules because one of his lackeys was caught out.

Dave suggests ( without ant evidence ) that the people who ' lost ' yesterday were all Remoaners.

Many Tory MPs put country before promotional prospects by opposing Johnsons instructions, or abstaining from the vote.

That takes guts - I regard them as winners, not " Remoaner losers "

p.s. Good on the Tory rebels !

Breaking news is that Johnsons gang may be thinking about a bit of a U -turn ( again ).

:-D

malc d - 2021-11-04 11:09 AM

Breaking news is that Johnsons gang may be thinking about a bit of a U -turn ( again ).

Abstaining? Not voting is not a protest. It is a surrender.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

Johnson efforts to change the rules because one of his lackeys was caught out.

Johnson only seems to care about himself.

As the Irish PM put it 'Boris Johnson would set the country on fire if his hands were cold'

So I suspect the real reason Johnson wants to change the rules is before he is caught out himself

Even he can't keep delaying the inquiries indefinately

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/04/is-worry-over-future-inquiries-driving-pm-to-change-watchdog

After all the other parties refused to participate in it even Johnson couldn't get away with a comittie to investigate Tory sleaze with only Tories on it.

They are saying Johnson has made another U turn

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/04/boris-johnson-makes-u-turn-over-anti-sleaze-regime-for-mps-owen-paterson

Which I thing is misleading, because it suggests he is going in the other direction.

I think he is just kicking the can down the road again, and will attempt something else before he gets exposed again himself.

John52 - 2021-11-04 9:34 AM

Although as a taxpayer .......

So why do you think these firms bunged him £500k if it wasn't to get their hands on your (taxpayer's) money?

And why is Johnson keeping the details of what your money was spent on from you?

Dave?

You asked me why I don't invest in Britain.

On the thread about six consecutive years of outflows from investment in Britain.

But how can an honest firm compete against those offering £500k bungs toTory MPs to get in their VIP lane?

Sadly If you want to retain your integrity how can you bung £500k to a Tory slimeball to bypass the queue and rip off your fellow citizens?

You will pay for that in higher prices - like £37 billion for a 'world beating' test and trace scam that has done more harm than good.

Less competition as the honest firms go bust or go abroad :-(

Sorry who lost?

An essential U-turn

But this doesn't wipe away the stench of sleaze and one-rule-for-us-another-for-everyone-else from this Government

It tried to bend the rules to protect its friends. Stopped this time, but the damage is done

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59163961.amp

It is being suggested from a unnamed Tory MP that the real motivation for a new standards committee stems from a fear of investigations into lobbying over the award of Covid contracts, and Johnson's loans from a Tory donor for the redecoration of his Downing Street flat and free holidays....

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-04 11:46 AM

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

One Tory who abstained, Angela Richardson - lost her job as a result, and was prepared to do so as a matter of principle.

Plato may well be right about people who refuse to participate in politics - but I don't think that Members of Parliament can be accused of " refusing to participate in politics ".

malc d - 2021-11-04 12:40 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-04 11:46 AM

One Tory who abstained, Angela Richardson - lost her job as a result, and was prepared to do so as a matter of principle.

Plato may well be right about people who refuse to participate in politics - but I don't think that Members of Parliament can be accused of " refusing to participate in politics ".

Another U turn!

https://twitter.com/AJRichardsonMP/status/1456223903949393927?s=20

"Fire and rehire" from the Tories.

Archived