Top Gear

Guest starspirit

Guest starspirit

He's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8.00 pm Tonight BBC2.

I seem to recall hearing somewhere that he's having another pop at Motorhomes in this series so that should be good fun.

But not as much fun as the writings of the pompous brigade that usually follow such features - with any luck!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest caraprof

I've no doubt that once again he'll paint a totally distorted picture of the average motorhomer. He'll depict us all as a bunch of people who are too tight-fisted to use proper camps sites and who clutter up beauty spots with our monstrosities just to save a few pounds.

You can bet your bottom dollar that he'll highlight the tiny minority who, because they're so miserably mean, go on holiday for weeks and refuse to have a shower because it means using more water, which they can't get easily as they're not using sites with even the most basic facilities.

So I'll watch it (as I actually am at present as it happens) as it's probably my favourite TV programme, but I just wish that Clarkson, who's my hero in many respects, wouldn't always focus on the miniscule minority who give us all such a bad name and concentrate on the vast number of us who aren't as tight as a duck's arse and who have high standards of personal hygiene.

I mean, let's face it, compared to people like that, pompous is infinitely preferable!

caraprof - 2007-10-07 8:10 PM

I've no doubt that once again he'll paint a totally distorted picture of the average motorhomer. He'll depict us all as a bunch of people who are too tight-fisted to use proper camps sites and who clutter up beauty spots with our monstrosities just to save a few pounds.

You can bet your bottom dollar that he'll highlight the tiny minority who, because they're so miserably mean, go on holiday for weeks and refuse to have a shower because it means using more water, which they can't get easily as they're not using sites with even the most basic facilities.

So I'll watch it (as I actually am at present as it happens) as it's probably my favourite TV programme, but I just wish that Clarkson, who's my hero in many respects, wouldn't always focus on the miniscule minority who give us all such a bad name and concentrate on the vast number of us who aren't as tight as a duck's arse and who have high standards of personal hygiene.

I mean, let's face it, compared to people like that, pompous is infinitely preferable!

That's a nuclear bomb Frank. (lol)

Guest starspirit

I must admit to not expecting quite such a typically Frankish response.

Perhaps I am a bit naive but, on reflection, Frank you are totally predictable - posting exactly the type of response that you are so disliked by so many for posting - but this time trying to hide it under the guise of 'humour'.

Of course you did not name names so your remarks could have been aimed at anyone - or could they?

Most on here respect your viewpoint even though you invariably fail to respect anyone else's point of view and I just wonder what it is in your life that makes you find it necessary to be so continually vindictive and horrible?

I bear you no malice and I did recently read in one of your postings that you do not 'carry a grudge' - although I do appreciate that you are prepared to make an exception in my case!

No doubt you will be able to rake back through the threads and correct my recollection of that posting?

Meanwhile I let others draw their own conclusions about who said what and why and if anyone feels that my response is inappropriate please say so.

Live and let live.

Jill recorded Top Gear last night to watch after Antiques Roadshow.

To my mind it's now fallen into the same trap as a lot of long-running sit-coms. Same script every week with minor changes of wording and location.

Glad I had a good book to read.

Graham

Guest starspirit
Yes Graham I think maybe you are right and perhaps we have seen the best of Top Gear as yesterday's was not that wonderful or innovative.

Guest caraprof
J9withdogs - 2007-10-08 11:08 AM I, too, concur. Frank is always going on about snide asides and snipes in the postings of others, but he doesn't seem to realise that he does exactly the same. If I had my way, there would be a sound whipping all round :D

Just so you all know, I posted it in response to this, which you'll read if you look at his post.

But not as much fun as the writings of the pompous brigade that usually follow such features - with any luck!

As usual he couldn't post on a subject without having a go at those whom he thinks may disagree with him. But his problem is that he is so inherently nasty that he can't even wait to see if there are any responses.

He simply assumes that there will be and again, brands those who don't agree with his jaundiced outlook on life as 'pompous'.

Well, if I'm in that category I'd rather be pompous than mean-spirited and nasty like him!

Guest caraprof
starspirit - 2007-10-08 10:52 AM I must admit to not expecting quite such a typically Frankish response. Perhaps I am a bit naive but, on reflection, Frank you are totally predictable - posting exactly the type of response that you are so disliked by so many for posting - but this time trying to hide it under the guise of 'humour'. Of course you did not name names so your remarks could have been aimed at anyone - or could they? Most on here respect your viewpoint even though you invariably fail to respect anyone else's point of view and I just wonder what it is in your life that makes you find it necessary to be so continually vindictive and horrible? I bear you no malice and I did recently read in one of your postings that you do not 'carry a grudge' - although I do appreciate that you are prepared to make an exception in my case! No doubt you will be able to rake back through the threads and correct my recollection of that posting? Meanwhile I let others draw their own conclusions about who said what and why and if anyone feels that my response is inappropriate please say so. Live and let live.

Please see my response to J9 which points out why I posted as I did and why I'm more convinced now than ever, that you're a snidy, nasty and vicious little creep!

You can't even post a simple thread about Top Gear without having a go at those who have the temerity to disagree with you.

The truth is, as you even boast about in your bio, that you enjoy stirring things. Well stir it with me, you member of the great unwashed, and you'll get a response that befits!

I'm with Howie on this one - it's getting boring.

Why do you two even bother coming on this forum?

Is it to upset each other or everyone else who happens to get (often innocently) in you line of fire?

Give it a rest you two, or I will personally come and sort you out :D

J9withdogs - 2007-10-08 12:31 PM

Oops where did they both go?

Hope it's not going to be pistols at dawn. Where is halfway between Yorkshire & Pembrokeshire?

Oh no - it's Shropshire *-)

Scuse me but I thought Frank lived in Bolton (Lancashire). Has he moved?

Graham

Guest starspirit

Just for clarification and without any nastiness, my reference to the pompous brigade related to the indignant people who wrote to the clubs following the caravan stunt last year on Top Gear.

Frank has this paranoia that everyone is having a go at him when in reality he really is not that important.

But no doubt even this will be open to be misinterpreted by Frank.

Archived