Tories seek return of all MPs to Westminster for PM’s sake

Bulletguy

Another favoured Tory read, the FT, aware that Johnson is well out of his depth with Sir Keir Starmer so Smuggy calls up their jeering backbencher hordes Johnson relies on to keep throwing him lifebelts. Sir Keir is a highly intelligent qualified QC well used to cross courtroom parries and questioning whilst the best Johnson can muster is a load of huff and bluster which at times, sounds as though he's been on the bottle.

"One Downing Street official said Mr Johnson had been “rattled” by his encounter with the Labour leader on Wednesday and that the prime minister and his allies were keen to get Tory MPs back into the Commons chamber as soon as possible to cheer him on.

“A lively environment probably does suit Boris more than Keir,” admitted a senior Tory MP. One Cabinet minister acknowledged Sir Keir was “very good” at PMQs and far more effective than his predecessor, Jeremy Corbyn. “He is forensic and deadly. I think the PM is worried.”

“Starmer has the political wind behind him. He is a highly intelligent, detail-oriented person who was one of the best human rights advocates and prosecutors in the country,” another senior Tory MP said.

“Boris is in a political difficulty that isn’t going away for a while. He’s not a details person, who is struggling to articulate what the point of his government is because no one knows beyond Brexit. Put those two together and he’s going to struggle for a while.”

https://www.ft.com/content/9ed7a217-1462-4fba-9329-880dc76a3793

Guest rael
The big problem with Boris Johnson is he is not really PM material. My father-in-law was a die hard conservative, until BJ came along. By that I mean he had always voted Conservative (he's 84) and I have spent the last 30 years debating with him at the dinner table on various aspect of political goings on. I'm a life long Labour voter, but we respect each others views. He made the very difficult decision at the last election to not vote Conservative. This was because he feels that BJ is not a suitable PM. He 'got brexit done' but has demonstrated he is out of his depth at the moment. I'm also quite sure Jeremy Corbyn would have probably been in the same situation at this moment in time. BJ is really struggling and the conservative party know it. Its probably the reason he has someone like Dominic Cummings advising him. Cummings is a clever person, but no amount of his cunning and sloganeering will get BJ out of this, I don't think. It's a tragic poisoned chalice he's been given and he's doomed.

rael - 2020-05-17 9:08 PM

The big problem with Boris Johnson is he is not really PM material.

He never was imo and his past history in the workplace is nothing short of atrocious. In short he's bone idle and prefers others to do the work. One of his ex-bosses (i think it was Max Hastings) said he would be a disaster as a PM as he doesn't like to work. When he tried his hand at being a motoring journalist he could never make the deadline for print and everything he wrote was pure garbage, often littered with sexual overtones irrelevant to subject.

I think he left Eton with an English qualification and Oxford as a Bullingdon boy with a desire to be "World King". *-) So, delusions of grandeur with a degree of narcissism. Poisoned chalice? Yes undoubtedly inherited after ten years of Tory cutbacks for a start....but it was his choice and he wanted that title more than anything which he got off the back of Brexit slogans which began to fall apart even before the pandemic. It's also worth remembering that just before the referendum he was so indecisive he wrote an article in favour of remaining EU.

The man is a pathological liar, ideal fodder for puppet master Cummings to control who fed him the silly soundbites Brexiteers bought into, and now they're wailing each time they're held to account.

Yes, but BoJo is still a master of spin and deception, which is the only way his party can get elected.

He is like the magician that gets you looking at one hand - so you don't notice what he is doing with the other

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-17 8:47 PM

Another favoured Tory read, the FT, aware that Johnson is well out of his depth with Sir Keir Starmer

? 8-) .............. (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

That's a cracker Bullet :D ..........

Have you seen the polls? ;-) ...........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election

pelmetman - 2020-05-18 7:23 AM

Another favoured Tory read, the FT, aware that Johnson is well out of his depth with Sir Keir Starmer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election

Well two things to consider. Firstly it takes the media to turn on the government (thats starting to happen) and secondly people dont want to admit to themselves that they backed the wrong horse, especially now but they wont stay in denial for ever, least some of them wont.

Barryd999 - 2020-05-18 8:34 AM

Well two things to consider. Firstly it takes the media to turn on the government (thats starting to happen) and secondly people dont want to admit to themselves that they backed the wrong horse, especially now but they wont stay in denial for ever, least some of them wont.

Might start to dawn on them when it hits them in the pocket - the bill for BoJo's blunders £300 billion and rising.

Jeremy Corbyn might have got into Her Majesty's Tax havens and made the £billionaire 'newspaper' owners pay tax. But BoJo isn't going to do that is he.

Neither the £billionaire landowners - rentiers are the only ones who have not been asked to make sacrifices

So who is going to pay?

You could go into politics Dave

BoJo would give you a safe seat

All you've got to do is shout 'Remoaner..Loser' when somebody asks him a question

Your track record for telling all who'd listen folk had changed their minds because they backed the wrong horse aint great princess ... Poll after poll if I remember correctly ... Didn't turn out too good for ya did it ... Move on Chunky

Birdbrain - 2020-05-18 11:45 AM

Your track record for telling all who'd listen folk had changed their minds because they backed the wrong horse aint great princess ... Poll after poll if I remember correctly ... Didn't turn out too good for ya did it ... Move on Chunky

Its a long game though innit. You said yourself the other day half the reason people have stuck to their guns was because of annoying know it all's like me or summat like that. Thats just crackers but probably true so maybe you were right about that. Certainly online its become a war between the same people who wanted Brexit and the same people who fought against it and its now simply transferred to this current crisis with the same teams.

Eventually though people are going to have to stop thinking about standing their ground and fighting each other and wake up to whats actually going on and whats right for them and the country rather than just being obsessed with "winning" or getting one over the opposition.

Guest pelmetman

What do you mean turn??? 8-) ..........

The media is overwhelmingly against the government *-) ........

Even the Daily Mail is now a Remoaner Toady >:-) .........

It's nothing to do with polls Pelmet which was a pretty silly deflection. Expected i suppose as you're unable to comprehend the bigger picture.

In case you hadn't noticed parliament has been using Zoom technology to keep the physical number of MP's in the HoC to a minimum and enable distancing on the benches. It works very well as it's kept the hordes of jeering backbenchers out of the bear-pit which Johnson relies heavily on for his yah-boo 'politics'. Sir Keir Starmer on the other hand is in his element as he interrogates his foe across the despatch box with concise clear intelligent questioning, leaving Johnson flailing around. Hence the reason Mogg wants their mob back. Johnson is struggling and the fools he's chosen to surround himself with won't be any help either.

pelmetman - 2020-05-18 3:25 PM

So why do you keep linking articles from it? *-)

Is it? Its only recently the Tory faithful rags which have by far the largest readership have started to turn on them. Might explain why the sheeples faith in Johnson and his merry band of feckwits is going down though.

Barryd999 - 2020-05-18 4:38 PM

Is it? Its only recently the Tory faithful rags which have by far the largest readership have started to turn on them. Might explain why the sheeples faith in Johnson and his merry band of feckwits is going down though.

Oh Lordy ... Get outside and take in some fresh air ... Hater

Guest rael
Birdbrain - 2020-05-18 7:34 AM

Oh good ... Another Boris hate thread

Hate? where? Here is my comment again, i don't see any hate in what I wrote. Questioning someones suitability to run the country does not make you a 'hater' as you like to put it.

The big problem with Boris Johnson is he is not really PM material. My father-in-law was a die hard conservative, until BJ came along. By that I mean he had always voted Conservative (he's 84) and I have spent the last 30 years debating with him at the dinner table on various aspect of political goings on. I'm a life long Labour voter, but we respect each others views. He made the very difficult decision at the last election to not vote Conservative. This was because he feels that BJ is not a suitable PM. He 'got brexit done' but has demonstrated he is out of his depth at the moment. I'm also quite sure Jeremy Corbyn would have probably been in the same situation at this moment in time. BJ is really struggling and the conservative party know it. Its probably the reason he has someone like Dominic Cummings advising him. Cummings is a clever person, but no amount of his cunning and sloganeering will get BJ out of this, I don't think. It's a tragic poisoned chalice he's been given and he's doomed.

rael - 2020-05-18 6:10 PM

Hate? where? Here is my comment again, i don't see any hate in what I wrote. Questioning someones suitability to run the country does not make you a 'hater' as you like to put it.

Dont take this personally but ... Your FIL chose not to vote Tory because he believed Boris not suitable to be PM , that is great , its what we do in a democracy ... Unfortunately for you and FIL many more folk , much more folk believed he is PM material and voted for him and gave him an 80 seat majority and kicked the cr@p out of Labour and The Pleb Dims in doing so und you like Borey Barry seem to want to blame all that on Mr Cummings ??? ... Jeez ... Go open the drinks cabinet sweet cheeks

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-05-18 4:38 PM

Yep down to 49% ;-) .........

Which would prolly give Boris a 100+ seat majority (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Keep on whinning Losers >:-) ..........

Guest rael
Birdbrain - 2020-05-18 7:22 PM

Dont take this personally but ... Your FIL chose not to vote Tory because he believed Boris not suitable to be PM , that is great , its what we do in a democracy ... Unfortunately for you and FIL many more folk , much more folk believed he is PM material and voted for him and gave him an 80 seat majority and kicked the cr@p out of Labour and The Pleb Dims in doing so und you like Borey Barry seem to want to blame all that on Mr Cummings ??? ... Jeez ... Go open the drinks cabinet sweet cheeks

Just because BJ is popular does not make him a good PM. We know he's popular the election was a landslide!! Corbyn was popular with some sectors of society, it does not mean he would have been a good PM. History is littered with popular people who struggled to do a good job. You just don't seem to like anyone questioning his ability. What are we blaming on Cummings? I pointed out that he's a clever bloke! Accusing all and sundry of being 'haters' because they disagree with you is wearing a bit thin. BTW the drinks cabinet has been open since 23rd March.

Guest rael
thebishbus - 2020-05-18 7:55 PM

I don't know what planet you left wing losers think you are on. With all your whinging, whining, huffing and puffing, you will not blow the house down, particularly as there is no credible alternative at the moment.

Brian B.

Planet Earth, same as you. Whose whinging then? I'm as left as they come and I'm perfectly happy, thanks, and will be even happier when this lockdown is done. ` Of course there is no credible alternative (at the moment) we're not idiots us lefties, you know? Our day will come, it always does. Toodle pip!!

rael - 2020-05-18 8:55 PM

Just because BJ is popular does not make him a good PM. We know he's popular the election was a landslide!! Corbyn was popular with some sectors of society, it does not mean he would have been a good PM. History is littered with popular people who struggled to do a good job. You just don't seem to like anyone questioning his ability. What are we blaming on Cummings? I pointed out that he's a clever bloke! Accusing all and sundry of being 'haters' because they disagree with you is wearing a bit thin. BTW the drinks cabinet has been open since 23rd March.

I have never said Boris is a good PM , I have never said hes a bad PM either ... Hes not my man and I dont defend him just because he wears my colours , others attack him simply because he is a Tory and to deny that is crazy ... Blame Cummings ??? the haters on here blame Cummings for much , just read Barrys posts ... He unbelievably said a few days ago hes basically guilty of murder FGS , hes one of Boris "death vipers" , if that is not hate I dont know what is ... Drinks on you BTW

Guest pelmetman

Breaking news!!!..........Opposition supporter thinks Boris isn't a good Prime Minister 8-) ........

(lol) (lol) (lol) ............

Birdbrain - 2020-05-19 6:25 AM

I have never said Boris is a good PM , I have never said hes a bad PM either ... Hes not my man and I dont defend him just because he wears my colours , others attack him simply because he is a Tory and to deny that is crazy ... Blame Cummings ??? the haters on here blame Cummings for much , just read Barrys posts ... He unbelievably said a few days ago hes basically guilty of murder FGS , hes one of Boris "death vipers" , if that is not hate I dont know what is ... Drinks on you BTW

I dont remember saying that but who do you think was whispering in Johnsons ear about Herd immunity, take it on the chin and all that? Cummings is alleged to have said (and its denied by number 10) when he was arguing the case for herd immunity “if that means some pensioners die, too bad”. Well maybe he said it, maybe he didnt but lets face it, it sounds like something he would say doesn't it? It is also what has happened. Sending sick infected Covid patients into Care homes. Bit like sending in a mad man with a gun really.

Archived