You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  General Chat -> Chatterbox
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Torn Awning
AuthorMessage
userhowie
Posted: 7 October 2006 10:59 AM
Subject: Torn Awning

Sorry about your mishap with the awning Wayne and it sounds the sort of thing I manage to do. I,ve tried repairs using various glues but the only thing thats ever worked is good old fashioned patch. If you can find a piece of suitable material this will stop the tear getting worse and no need to worry how its going to look as I doubt if anyone will notice. A nice little job for Maggie perhaps. Howard.
userForester
Posted: 7 October 2006 1:04 PM
Subject: RE: Torn Awning

Thanks howard, my next Question is, How do I move the van and leave the awning standing so we can 'go shopping' When I go forward We have trouble with it comming out of the grove on the van if you know what I mean.

Wayne.  

userhowie
Posted: 7 October 2006 1:17 PM

I thought you had bought a free standing awning Wayne. I know they can be attached to the awning rail but if you tend to move off site a lot why not attach it with a couple of 3 inch bulldog clips instead of using the rail. Have you checked for any damage to the rail on the van as even the smallest dent will make it difficult to slide the awning through. Howard.
userForester
Posted: 7 October 2006 1:23 PM

Howard what would we all do without you, dead simple when you know. Thats another prob solved, thanks Wayne.
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator