Tory party institutional Islamophobic

Bulletguy

Oddly you will never see either of the two usual suspects on here posting about Islamophobia as they're very selective in their overt racism which is clear for all to see,

Britain’s largest Muslim organisation has called for a formal investigation into Islamophobia in the Conservative Party.

The Muslim Council of Britain (MCB) sent more than 20 pages of evidence to the Equality and Human Rights Commission in the wake of the government’s refusal to adopt a proposed definition on Islamophobia.

Its complaint accused the Tories of “ignoring” calls for an independent inquiry on anti-Muslim hatred and failing to take action against Islamophobes in its ranks.

Boris Johnson, who could be the next prime minister, and MPs including Bob Blackman, Zac Goldsmith, Michael Fabricant and Philip Hollobone were named in the dossier. Johnson of course once referred to veiled Muslim women as "letterboxes" and "bank robbers".

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/conservative-party-islamophobia-racism-muslim-uk-investigate-tory-a8932851.html

Sajid Javid was subjected to numerous social media attacks, “Britain is not ready for a Muslim PM, that would be taking the absolute piss out of the country.” A woman wrote that she was staying on as a Tory member “so that we can elect the right leader”, commenting that Javid “will protect his own. He was sworn in on the Koran.”

Lady Warsi, the UK’s first female Muslim cabinet minister, has said the Tories have “turned a blind eye” to prejudice and become “institutionally Islamophobic”.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/09/tory-islamophobia-sajid-javid-facebook-anti-muslim-posts-party-members

Even Tory councillors now.

The Conservatives are under pressure to suspend two serving councillors who made anti-Islam comments, including one alleging all 11-year-old girls should be frightened of Islam.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/may/30/tories-under-pressure-to-suspend-councillors-over-anti-islam-tweets

Goldsmiths dog whistle vile racist attacks against Sadiq Khan during the running for Mayors office, which Goldsmith lost, even brought condemnation from a couple of decent Tory ministers who viewed Goldsmiths bigotry with contempt and Oborne called Goldsmiths campaign "repulsive". Sheer arrogance knows no bounds with Goldsmith who fell on his own sword after losing a by-election he himself had triggered by resigning his seat after the Tories gave the go ahead for expansion at Heathrow. Karma! (lol)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/07/zac-goldsmith-racist-campaign-london

Reminds me of the song "Anything you can do, I can do better".

The problem seems to be that the UK Government is terrified of upsetting Muslims, that's why the protestors against LGBT have been cut so much slack. It's much easier to slag off the Jews and get away with it. :D

Before you get your knickers in a twist sweetheart, I am not racist. A idiot is a idiot whatever colour or religion he/she/it is. Currently the human beings I regard as complete idiots are white and British.

Work that one out bonny lad. ;-)

747 - 2019-06-02 12:02 AM

The problem seems to be that the UK Government is terrified of upsetting Muslims, that's why the protestors against LGBT have been cut so much slack. It's much easier to slag off the Jews and get away with it. :D

Before you get your knickers in a twist sweetheart, I am not racist. A idiot is a idiot whatever colour or religion he/she/it is. Currently the human beings I regard as complete idiots are white and British.

Bloody hell! I assumed you had voted for the Brexit party! Clearly not.

747 - 2019-06-02 12:02 AM

I don't see the remotest relevance of that. Perhaps balance was the word you were looking for but didn't quite find.

For a Government who, in your opinion, are 'terrified of upsetting Muslims', the blatant Islamophobia within their ranks is totally at odds with what you suggest and the absolute opposite! If truly so 'terrified of upsetting' then they'd choose their words a lot more carefully......but it's quite obvious they don't and apparently are not in the least bit bothered either so hardly a sign of anyone 'terrified of upsetting Muslims'. You say it's 'much easier to slag off Jews'......yes the right wing media have been doing a cracking job over the past couple of years piling on the claims of antismetism within the Labour party (note; the same media never report on institutionalised Islamophobia within the Tory party do they? Ever wondered why not?), and the Corbyn smearing has become incessant to the point people have grown a little weary of the mud slinging and now want substance. They will now as unlike the Muslim Council whose complaints to the Tory party have so far gone largely ignored, Labour have put their allegations of antisemitism to the EC.

There was a very interesting interview the other night on C4 news and the Equalities Commission is investigating all complaints of antisemitism.

I've said it before on here in the past and been very clear about my viewpoints on racism and/or xenophobia. Only a racist chooses to be 'selective' about racism and for me, Islamophobia, antisemitism, xenophobia.....all would be condemned by anyone who is not racist, but that's not been happening has it? With antisemitism we've now reached the ridiculous point where criticism of Israel is being seen as 'antisemitic' and some US states are even attempting to impose laws censoring criticism of Israel. Hitler did the same back in the 30's. But the west regularly and openly criticises Palestine and many other Arab or Muslim countries without fear of being branded Islamophobic.

It's all about seeing some 'balance' instead of looking only on one side of the coin all the time.

Guest pelmetman

I wonder if they'll make Nonbelieverphobia a crime? :-| .............

Seems only fair >:-) ........

Archived