Touring UK or Europe ? Poll ?

enodreven

Touring UK or Europe ? Poll ?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So far we've only toured in the UK, simply because we can't take enough time off from work to make it worthwhile going abroad. Next year may well be different as we're seriously considering taking a fortnight at the end of August and taking in the Dusseldorf show in the motorhome. Besides which there's an awful lot of the UK we haven't seen yet.

D.

Hi, Dave

have you voted, ?? I have only just found out that you can set up a voting thread, so come on everyone vote ??

and Dave why not set up a rally to go to the Dusseldorf Show next year, you could set up a poll to find out who would be interested

Brian

Dave Newell - 2007-11-07 9:32 AM

So far we've only toured in the UK, simply because we can't take enough time off from work to make it worthwhile going abroad. Next year may well be different as we're seriously considering taking a fortnight at the end of August and taking in the Dusseldorf show in the motorhome. Besides which there's an awful lot of the UK we haven't seen yet.

D.

enodreven - 2007-11-07 9:29 AM Hi, Do you tour in the UK only, Europe Only, Or Both

Brian

A bit of both for us really.

When touring Europe we always now head for Germany, especially Saxony & Bavaria. Been there 7 times now.

Here we normally go up Durham way or down through Glocs and surrounding counties, when meandering down to Somerset.

Thai

In recent years, living under 2 hrs from Dover, most of our touring has been European, but we still enjoy UK holidays from time to time.

Next year, once we get the new van, we're aiming to visit friends in Tunisia during the Essex schools' "non-Easter" hols (brilliant idea, see my thoughts on "downgrading Christmas"). Since we'll go through France, I suppose that still counts a "European."

If that goes ahead, we'll probably stay in UK in summer. I've got some bizarre idea about going to John O'Groats (by quickest possible route from here) then meandering down to Land's End without touching a motorway.

Tony

Hi, ThaiThanks I didn't know that, as once you have voted you don't see what the voting form looks like ?? perhaps the moderator can look at this as I think the voting idea is quiet good, but for it to work it really needs to be the first thing you see when you click on the thread ??Brian
Thai Bry - 2007-11-07 10:26 AM
enodreven - 2007-11-07 10:06 AM Hi, There has been 22 viewing of this thread and only 4 votes, does anyone know why ???

Brian

It's because as you go further down the thread, you do not see the voting section at the begining of the thread.

Thai

Guest JudgeMental

as we are in London and less then 2 hours from tunnel we tend to go abroad when possible. we also visit the south/south west as well.

we did both up to couple of years ago, but now if you exclude visits to friends - it's pretty much Europe. So much more civilised and there are foods that I get hooked that you can't get here;

crepes, poffertijes, apple pie, garlic mayo, extra virgins with herbs n garlic n stuff, pepper sauce, proper bread, steaks cooked over vine wood, Indonesian rijstafel, street parties, decent coffee

ohhhhhhhh, now I'm hungry

B-)

now I'm off to vote - honest Brian - against Europe I guess - depending on ferry prices now I can't use tesco deals

We've only toured in the UK so far - no real interest in going over water at the moment.

Thai Bry - 2007-11-07 9:36 AM

Here we normally go up Durham way

Bit dangerous that Thai - close to us :D Mind you, with our visit to West Yorks planned for later this month I suppose we are living dangerously as well (lol)

Graham

enodreven - 2007-11-07 10:50 AMHi, ThaiThanks I didn't know that, as once you have voted you don't see what the voting form looks like ?? perhaps the moderator can look at this as I think the voting idea is quiet good, but for it to work it really needs to be the first thing you see when you click on the thread ??Brian
Thai Bry - 2007-11-07 10:26 AM
enodreven - 2007-11-07 10:06 AM Hi, There has been 22 viewing of this thread and only 4 votes, does anyone know why ???

Brian

It's because as you go further down the thread, you do not see the voting section at the begining of the thread.

Thai

brian yes you do I have just voted and it give the % age for all .It is working perfect.as for stocking up at City Europe brilliant Fish prawns half the price .coffee fresh much cheaper .

I have voted and to be fair it reflects more what we have done rather than what we now do.

We have toured Europe as well as the UK, but we of late have only used the caravan in the UK. It is not that we do not want to tour Europe - we do.

However, when flying and an apartment is so inexpensive in places like France Spain or Portugal - we have done that of late.

We look forward to having far more time (Retirement! - just 15 years or so away!!!) and then a long tour away from our UK winter weather will be sheer bliss. Most probably in a MH not a caravan.

Mostly in Europe, odd 2 to 3 days in U.K. maybe twice a year to take the granddaughters to 'somewhere interesting'. Prefer Europe for many reasons including cheaper fuel, better food, more places to go, nicer to drive in ect. Normally 3 x 20 days if I can fiddle enough holidays!!

Wherever you wander relax & enjoy!

Regards Mike.

J9withdogs - 2007-11-07 9:11 PM

I'm too much of a scaredy-cat to venture abroad with the dogs, and I am happy not going too far from home, after all a field is just a field isn't it?

You're right. A field is indeed a field, and if that's what you like to see then there's no need to leave this little island.

The school that I attended was a small C of E school.

We had the same teacher for every subject except football, she drew the line at that cos we kicked her to bits.

So you can see that my education was not the best available in the UK at that time

We read books and learned some history and because of that I want to see all manner of places for myself.

I want to see where tha Spanish Amada sailed from, all of the places, I want to see Rome where and how the Romans lived, I want to see pompie, where all the great battles were fought, all the famous cities from history, and where famous people came from and that is why I tour Europe now that I have finally managed to get Jan "over the water"

I have NEVER just been in a field, I was brought up in the sticks and learned quiet early in life that even every field is different, a pl;ace of discovery

When most of you on here were young children did you really ever believe that you would be running around Europe like this.

All of the things and places that we are seeing and plan to see in the near future were just words in a book and were millions of miles too far away for us to ever get to see them and now we are

Isnt life just so exciting today

Archived