Trade Deal ...

Birdbrain

Birdbrain - 2020-01-24 6:39 AM

With the US before they year is out so Bingo ... Now according to the Chairman of the Europeans Parliament Trade Committee he says "its possible to have a trade deal done in this year" ... https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1232648/brexit-latest-news-us-trade-deal-donald-trump-boris-johnson-EU ... All that doom from the whingers ???

So how will BoJo get us a better trade deal than the EU *-)

You have to laugh at the Brexpress. Just the day before they published this. https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1232086/brexit-news-us-trade-deal-donald-trump-boris-johnson-digital-tax-row-usa

Apparently any trade deal with the US is now in jeopardy because of the Digital services tax. How dare those Brits tax the likes of Facebook and Google eh!

We already have pretty good trade arrangements with the US with over 700 agreements and treaties via the EU. All that will be scrapped and we will be starting from scratch but outside of the biggest trading bloc in the world. Who holds all the cards in that one? What exactly are we going to gain from such a deal that we do not have already as regards trade with the US? What are we going to sell them that we dont already to make up for tossing aside our greatest and largest trading partner?

Sooner rather than later though your going to have decide which way you want to bend. Towards the EU or towards Donald Trump. You cant have both.

John52 - 2020-01-24 10:38 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-01-24 6:39 AM

With the US before they year is out so Bingo ... Now according to the Chairman of the Europeans Parliament Trade Committee he says "its possible to have a trade deal done in this year" ... https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1232648/brexit-latest-news-us-trade-deal-donald-trump-boris-johnson-EU ... All that doom from the whingers ???

So how will BoJo get us a better trade deal than the EU *-)

Er, perhaps he'll be trying for a deal where the US doesn't impose punitive tariffs, as it does on the EU, in retaliation for what the US sees as unfair EU subsidies on Airbus, thus disadvantaging US aircraft manufacturers. You are clearly ignorant of US tariffs on EU goods and services.

I believe that the proposed EU tax on US tech companies will not be implemented by the UK. We're playing hardball now but the UK will eventually agree to scrap this in return for a free-trade agreement. Just one example is that we will not have the US trade tax of 25% on EU agricultural products.

The Digital Services tax is a barrier to free trade and should be scrapped anyway. It is discriminatory and unfair.

Barryd999 - 2020-01-24 10:29 AM

You have to laugh at the Brexpress. Just the day before they published this. https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1232086/brexit-news-us-trade-deal-donald-trump-boris-johnson-digital-tax-row-usa

Apparently any trade deal with the US is now in jeopardy because of the Digital services tax. How dare those Brits tax the likes of Facebook and Google eh!

I'm sure we will get a good trade deal with the U.S. - as long as we do as we are told.

( If we don't , we know that sanctions are likely to be applied ).

:-|

We already have pretty good trade arrangements with the US with over 700 agreements and treaties via the EU. All that will be scrapped and we will be starting from scratch but outside of the biggest trading bloc in the world. Who holds all the cards in that one? What exactly are we going to gain from such a deal that we do not have already as regards trade with the US? What are we going to sell them that we dont already to make up for tossing aside our greatest and largest trading partner?

Sooner rather than later though your going to have decide which way you want to bend. Towards the EU or towards Donald Trump. You cant have both.

Remember you promised to "starve to death rather than do a deal with Trump" ... Looks like your guna be slimming pretty soon ... Yummy

malc d - 2020-01-24 11:04 AM

I'm sure we will get a good trade deal with the U.S. - as long as we do as we are told.

( If we don't , we know that sanctions are likely to be applied ).

:-|

Yeah FunnyJohn is probably right about that. Trump will swat Rabid Javid away like a fly. It will be a great trade deal, the greatest trade deal ever (For the USA).

Talking of sanctions I see the EU will be applying them to the UK along with fines if Johnson fails to carry out inspections along the Irish Sea border which he has so far said will not be necessary.

Birdbrain - 2020-01-24 12:08 PM

Remember you promised to "starve to death rather than do a deal with Trump" ... Looks like your guna be slimming pretty soon ... Yummy

Yep. A quick dose of salmonella from some of their dodgy chicken, rat hair and maggots should see me lose a few pounds. Great! 8-)

Barryd999 - 2020-01-24 12:17 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-01-24 12:08 PM

Yep. A quick dose of salmonella from some of their dodgy chicken, rat hair and maggots should see me lose a few pounds. Great! 8-)

Sounds like your local kebab shop ... Mumtaz Kebabs

Barryd999 - 2020-01-24 1:15 PM

Yeah FunnyJohn is probably right about that. Trump will swat Rabid Javid away like a fly. It will be a great trade deal, the greatest trade deal ever (For the USA).

Talking of sanctions I see the EU will be applying them to the UK along with fines if Johnson fails to carry out inspections along the Irish Sea border which he has so far said will not be necessary.

This is typical of the doom and gloom that emanates from your every pore. Why would Trump want to 'swat us like a fly'? We currently import $140 billion in goods and services from the US. We are the US's seventh largest trading partner.

The object of a trade deal is to agree something that is of benefit to both sides and that's what we'll end up with. Being in the EU currently means that we are being charged heavy tariffs that we will not have to pay if we leave, because these tariffs are applied because of the USA's dissatisfaction with the EU, not with the UK.

The trade deal that we eventually will settle on will, in my view, be of huge benefit to both our countries and will be a far better deal than if we'd stayed in the EU.

FunsterJohn - 2020-01-24 12:49 PM

This is typical of the doom and gloom that emanates from your every pore. Why would Trump want to 'swat us like a fly'? We currently import $140 billion in goods and services from the US. We are the US's seventh largest trading partner.

The object of a trade deal is to agree something that is of benefit to both sides and that's what we'll end up with. Being in the EU currently means that we are being charged heavy tariffs that we will not have to pay if we leave, because these tariffs are applied because of the USA's dissatisfaction with the EU, not with the UK.

The trade deal that we eventually will settle on will, in my view, be of huge benefit to both our countries and will be a far better deal than if we'd stayed in the EU.

I said he will swat Javid like a fly although I think Johnson has already swatted him. Javid has made a statement that we will go after the tech firms but of course the US has told us that we wont be. Thats how it will be. The US will be telling us how it is from now on if we go down that route. Trump is only in favour of trade deals when they are massively stacked in favour for the US. Being 7th down the list is not exactly something to brag about either. I am sure they will be delighted to flog us their cheap sh1te tariff free which the Brexiteers will be the ones eating I suspect but more importantly what do you think we will be flogging to the US that we dont already to make up for all the lost trade we lose from our biggest trading partner just 22 miles away?

If you honestly think we will be better off dumping the EU for a deal with Donald Trump then you are I am afraid quite mad. You cant have both. Trump has said that. In fact he isnt happy at all with the current WA despite how crap it is already. He sees it as too much in favour of the EU. So your going to have to decide who your leaning towards. USA or Europe.

You wanted to "Take back control" but then are quite happy to hand it to a madman in America. *-)

Barryd999 - 2020-01-24 3:04 PM

I said he will swat Javid like a fly although I think Johnson has already swatted him. Javid has made a statement that we will go after the tech firms but of course the US has told us that we wont be. Thats how it will be. The US will be telling us how it is from now on if we go down that route. Trump is only in favour of trade deals when they are massively stacked in favour for the US. Being 7th down the list is not exactly something to brag about either. I am sure they will be delighted to flog us their cheap sh1te tariff free which the Brexiteers will be the ones eating I suspect but more importantly what do you think we will be flogging to the US that we dont already to make up for all the lost trade we lose from our biggest trading partner just 22 miles away?

If you honestly think we will be better off dumping the EU for a deal with Donald Trump then you are I am afraid quite mad. You cant have both. Trump has said that. In fact he isnt happy at all with the current WA despite how crap it is already. He sees it as too much in favour of the EU. So your going to have to decide who your leaning towards. USA or Europe.

You wanted to "Take back control" but then are quite happy to hand it to a madman in America. *-)[/quote

Your so right ... He is a "madman" ... Look what hes done for the US ... https://www.whitehouse.gov/trump-administration-accomplishments/ ... All done for nothing , he gives his pay away ... "madman" ??? a little rich coming from you a fella thats just actively supported a terrorist lover

Birdbrain - 2020-01-25 7:27 AM

You wanted to "Take back control" but then are quite happy to hand it to a madman in America. *-)[/quote

Your so right ... He is a "madman" ... Look what hes done for the US ... https://www.whitehouse.gov/trump-administration-accomplishments/ ... All done for nothing , he gives his pay away ... "madman" ??? a little rich coming from you a fella thats just actively supported a terrorist lover

I am not really interested in what Trump has or has not done for America. I am sure if I could be bothered I could find a raft of articles from the US showing an opposite view. I am more interested in what he is going to do for the UK and just what sort of deal our "crack" negotiators are going to deliver with the US that is going to be better than what we have now with them and how it is going to make up for losing what we have with the EU.

Barryd999 - 2020-01-25 10:46 AM

I am not really interested in what Trump has or has not done for America. I am sure if I could be bothered I could find a raft of articles from the US showing an opposite view. I am more interested in what he is going to do for the UK and just what sort of deal our "crack" negotiators are going to deliver with the US that is going to be better than what we have now with them and how it is going to make up for losing what we have with the EU.

Truth is your not "really interested" in what POTUS Trump has done for the US because as a President hes done well thats why Barry , kinda doesnt fit with how you want to portray POTUS Trump I suppose ... Your "madman" guff is delivered by a rather silly at times sad man ... Of course POTUS Trump is going to be looking after US interests in the upcoming trade discussions just as team UK will look after UK interests , its what happens in the real world once you get out of ya bedroom

Birdbrain - 2020-01-25 12:25 PM

Truth is your not "really interested" in what POTUS Trump has done for the US because as a President hes done well thats why Barry , kinda doesnt fit with how you want to portray POTUS Trump I suppose ... Your "madman" guff is delivered by a rather silly at times sad man ... Of course POTUS Trump is going to be looking after US interests in the upcoming trade discussions just as team UK will look after UK interests , its what happens in the real world once you get out of ya bedroom

Im not interested in what he has or has not done for the USA because I do not live in the USA. That's all there is to it.

I know all about negotiations. I've done a few and you may be surprised to hear not from this imaginary bedroom you seem obsessed with which is a bit uncomfortable and stalky to be honest. I do know though that if you go into a negotiation as a much weaker opponent whos a bit desperate you will get shafted.

Nobody ever seems to be able to answer my question though. What will we sell to the Americans that we don't now and how will a deal which will clearly be in the USA's favour make up for losing what we had with the eu? You can't have both.

Barryd999 - 2020-01-25 1:26 PM

Im not interested in what he has or has not done for the USA because I do not live in the USA. That's all there is to it.

I know all about negotiations. I've done a few and you may be surprised to hear not from this imaginary bedroom you seem obsessed with which is a bit uncomfortable and stalky to be honest. I do know though that if you go into a negotiation as a much weaker opponent whos a bit desperate you will get shafted.

Nobody ever seems to be able to answer my question though. What will we sell to the Americans that we don't now and how will a deal which will clearly be in the USA's favour make up for losing what we had with the eu? You can't have both.

For someone who doesnt live in the US and cares not what happens there you dont half post a lot about POTUS Trump ... As for you doing "negotiations" I dont believe you can negotiate your way out of your bedroom door fella and just why anyone would trust a serial loser and someone who consistently fails in his predictions to negotiate anything is frightening ... Dont tell me your Nick Leeson and you worked for Barings

Birdbrain - 2020-01-25 2:57 PM

For someone who doesnt live in the US and cares not what happens there you dont half post a lot about POTUS Trump ... As for you doing "negotiations" I dont believe you can negotiate your way out of your bedroom door fella and just why anyone would trust a serial loser and someone who consistently fails in his predictions to negotiate anything is frightening ... Dont tell me your Nick Leeson and you worked for Barings

Without looking I bet you cant find one thread I have started about Trump. I generally respond to them if they are associated with Brexit or maybe one of your funny Trump threads but in terms of what he and the Americans do to themselves Im not that interested.

As for my negotiating skills, Ive been negotiating deals my entire life. Im pretty sure I could do better than Foxy or Liz thick as mince Truss but thats not really saying much to be fair.

Barryd999 - 2020-01-25 7:05 PM

Without looking I bet you cant find one thread I have started about Trump. I generally respond to them if they are associated with Brexit or maybe one of your funny Trump threads but in terms of what he and the Americans do to themselves Im not that interested.

As for my negotiating skills, Ive been negotiating deals my entire life. Im pretty sure I could do better than Foxy or Liz thick as mince Truss but thats not really saying much to be fair.

I never said you started a POTUS Trump thread princess ... I think my 4 year old grandson would do better at negotiating a deal than a surrender monkey like yaself ... Negotiating a cash payment with your decorator once every 20 years aint really top table stuff sweet cheeks

Birdbrain - 2020-01-25 7:11 PM

I never said you started a POTUS Trump thread princess ... I think my 4 year old grandson would do better at negotiating a deal than a surrender monkey like yaself ... Negotiating a cash payment with your decorator once every 20 years aint really top table stuff sweet cheeks

True but negotiating ICT Contracts across the UK, Europe and the United states for a multinational franchise is.

Barryd999 - 2020-01-26 11:15 AM

True but negotiating ICT Contracts across the UK, Europe and the United states for a multinational franchise is.

I hope you got your own way ... If ya didn't maybe the sight of a grown man crying and stomping his feet won ya the contracts anyway ... You didn't have to do any future forecasting did ya FFS ???

Barryd999 - 2020-01-25 8:05 PM

Would that be the Liz Truss with an Oxford degree in PPE? Would that be the Liz Truss who, after graduating in 1996, worked for Shell as a commercial manager and Cable & Wireless as economics director, and became a qualified management accountant. Clearly thick as mince!

Although I must admit that you do reek of success as you wander round in your several-years-old camper van. I'll drop a line to Liz and tell her that if she needs any help during the forthcoming negotiations, we have an expert here who can make all the difference. Just to help me convince her, which university did you attend and what's your degree? You may be OK with a First, Second or even a Desmond. If it's a Vorderman you've no chance I'm afraid but I'll still do my best.

Birdbrain - 2020-01-26 11:42 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-01-26 11:15 AM

I hope you got your own way ... If ya didn't maybe the sight of a grown man crying and stomping his feet won ya the contracts anyway ... You didn't have to do any future forecasting did ya FFS ???

Chuckle (lol)

Yeah of course I had to do future forecasting.

FunsterJohn - 2020-01-26 11:44 AM

Would that be the Liz Truss with an Oxford degree in PPE? Would that be the Liz Truss who, after graduating in 1996, worked for Shell as a commercial manager and Cable & Wireless as economics director, and became a qualified management accountant. Clearly thick as mince!

Although I must admit that you do reek of success as you wander round in your several-years-old camper van. I'll drop a line to Liz and tell her that if she needs any help during the forthcoming negotiations, we have an expert here who can make all the difference. Just to help me convince her, which university did you attend and what's your degree? You may be OK with a First, Second or even a Desmond. If it's a Vorderman you've no chance I'm afraid but I'll still do my best.

You put a lot of faith in academic qualifications dont you FunnyJohn? They mean nothing. in the late 90s early 2000s our company was taken over and became part of a group of 21 new media and print and design type businesses. The Irish company that took over had similar thoughts to you and brought in an academic type as MD with a list of qualifications as long as his arm and I ended up with six Cambridge graduates in my department working for me. The new MD lasted six months and was hopeless as were the Cambridge graduates. Absolute lightweights. None of them lasted a year.

Maybe Liz is a total genius then like you and just comes across as a complete moron on TV or online.

Barryd999 - 2020-01-26 1:29 PM

FunsterJohn - 2020-01-26 11:44 AM

You put a lot of faith in academic qualifications dont you FunnyJohn? They mean nothing. in the late 90s early 2000s our company was taken over and became part of a group of 21 new media and print and design type businesses. The Irish company that took over had similar thoughts to you and brought in an academic type as MD with a list of qualifications as long as his arm and I ended up with six Cambridge graduates in my department working for me. The new MD lasted six months and was hopeless as were the Cambridge graduates. Absolute lightweights. None of them lasted a year.

Maybe Liz is a total genius then like you and just comes across as a complete moron on TV or online.

Your problem is that your debating skills are at the level of the school playground. Boris is a moron. Truss is thick as mince blah blah blah. It's pathetic. The thickest person in politics is Corbyn. Come on, he sits A Levels and gets 2 at Grade E.

Finally, if all your graduates turned out to be useless your selection and interviewing skills are obviously as weak as your arguments. Although I suspect that you exaggerate somewhat!

Archived