Travelodge v. motorhome..

J9withdogs

I am going to Scotland next month to spend my birthday with my son, who will be working up there.

I am taking the pooches in the M/H but have booked into a Travelodge for THE night so I can have a little drinkie poo or ten.

The room is only £26, that's OK, but they want £20 for the dogs to stay in the room with me!!!!!

Think I'll sleep on the carpark in 'Shirley' :-(

Guest caraprof
Quite right too. Who wants to stay in an hotel room that's just been occupied by a few smelly dogs! (You don't say how many.) The £20 will be for all of the extra cleaning involved.

Hi,

I had to bow-haul my 23 ft cabin cruiser from Lower Maunsel to Bathpool, by myself, against the wind. Dog on board. Wife cruising around in the car.

I just couldn't manage the last mile. So moored up at Creech (?) and pondered on where to spend the night...at home in Swansea, in the boat, or where. We found a local travel lodge that would accept the German Shepherd, were charged an extra £10 for "special cleaning". We felt that was the best of several inconvenient worlds.

The final mile only took just over an hour the following morning, but of course, I finished up on the other side of the canal from the moorings. Ball of string and a ring spanner.

Nowadays, the new dog would sleep in the car or camper, INSIDE HIS CAGE.

Thai Bry - 2007-04-23 3:24 PM

What about finding a site or CL near a pub or even staying in the pub carpark, we've done this before by asking permission 1st of course. The pub gets your business, you're happy with a few bevvies(or10) so everyone wins.

That's the plan for the next few nights, when the band are staying in the pub that they are playing in.

Just my bad luck that they are staying in the Travelodge that night and nearest CL to Dumfries is about 5 miles away.

Caraprof,

Judging by your reply you have attended a Far Eastern University course on "How to win friends & influence people".

Having dealt with the public for most of my working life I have found that it is us humans that tend to smell worse than our four legged friends.

On reflection I am now getting a distinct aroma of one of our recently banned members, if this is so then welcome back. (lol) (lol) (lol)

John D.

JayKay - 2007-04-23 3:38 PM Caraprof, Judging by your reply you have attended a Far Eastern University course on "How to win friends & influence people". Having dealt with the public for most of my working life I have found that it is us humans that tend to smell worse than our four legged friends. On reflection I am now getting a distinct aroma of one of our recently banned members, if this is so then welcome back. (lol) (lol) (lol) John D.

I concur.

Janine:

I wouldn't go near a Travelodge anyway nowadays. The last straw was when we stayed in the one at M/cr Airport (not flying, just that my parents live near there) and they wanted to charge us £5 a day to park our CAR (not MH) in the car park. We were STAYING THERE, for goodness' sake!!!

Caraprof:

Please will you put up an avatar? And will you be offering advice on cameras?

Tony

my name isn't Frank, or Caraprof - and I even own a dog - but I agree wholeheartedly with Caraprof.

I don't want to stay in a room where someone's been smoking and I don't want to find other peoples' dog's hairs in my bedroom.

Mind you, I can talk all about cameras if you want and I ran my own business at one point.

So there - I'm Mr Grumpy too on the subject!

Respect others' opinions, please!

messerschmitt owner - 2007-04-23 7:29 PM

I don't want to stay in a room where someone's been smoking and I don't want to find other peoples' dog's hairs in my bedroom.

Respect others' opinions, please!

I don't like sleeping on pillows that a hundred others have dribbled into or worse, which is one of the reasons I usually take my own bedroom with me.

I love dogs and would rather spend the night with the dogs better company don't answer back and man's best friend and all that.

At least you get what you see never judge you I mean you could of been out and committed murder but they will still greet you the same loyal or what.

You are so right, Michele!

I have decided to let my son sleep in the car park with the dogs (I haven't told him yet - but it's MY birthday!)

Am being taken out for a meal with the band, one of whom is rated one of the best guitarists in the world.

So I get to be a groupie for the night, too !

michele - 2007-04-24 8:39 PM

I love dogs and would rather spend the night with the dogs better company don't answer back and man's best friend and all that.

At least you get what you see never judge you I mean you could of been out and committed murder but they will still greet you the same loyal or what.

I sincerely hope that you don't try the "murder" bit to find out!!!! 8-)

Archived