Trawlermen to March on Westminster

Bulletguy

Fishing for Leave unhappy with governments 'deal' plan a Rally tomorrow outside Westminster. They want out of the EU but at the same time, they still want absolute freedom to flog their fish to the EU. Funny old world innit? :-|

http://ffl.org.uk/2303-2/

Wonder if that MEP bloke who was supposed to represent them on the EU Fisheries committee will be there to support 'em? Doubtful as he only ever bothered to show up for one meeting at the EU in three years.....that's how little he cared for them. *-)

https://descrier.co.uk/politics/brexit-nigel-farage-turned-one-42-eu-fisheries-committee-meetings/

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/09/nigel-farage-fishermen-ignored-ukip-brexit

Looks like someone also forgot to tell the fishermen about this;

https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/2018/10/11/fishing-quota-uk-defra-michael-gove/

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-03-28 6:19 PM

Fishing for Leave unhappy with governments 'deal' plan a Rally tomorrow outside Westminster. They want out of the EU but at the same time, they still want absolute freedom to flog their fish to the EU. Funny old world innit? :-|

As per usual you are looking at the the problem via your EU biased backside *-) ........

How often do you buy any of those funny fishy things that look like fish from your local supermarket? :-S .......Never :D ......

Well over here in funny foreigner land nearly every supermarket near the coast has a fresh fish counter ;-) .......

Much of it comes from OUR WATERS >:-) ........

Are they going to move those fishing grounds to Europe? :-S .......

Just askin :D .....

pelmetman - 2019-03-28 6:34 PM

As per usual you are looking at the the problem via your EU biased backside *-) ........

You haven't read one of those links have you? You were so afraid of looking and assumptive you even missed the Brexity one!

How often do you buy any of those funny fishy things that look like fish from your local supermarket? :-S .......Never :D ......

Haddock once a week every week off the wet fish counter.

Well over here in funny foreigner land nearly every supermarket near the coast has a fresh fish counter ;-) .......

I'm amazed you managed to pull yourself away from the bacon butty and burger joints

So what? UK sold their fishing rights years ago. Btw....just out of curiosity, how do you know that fish you saw in some Benidorm supermarket came from UK? Did it have a GB plate? *-)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/23/propaganda-brexit-fish-eu-britain-fishing-rights

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/11/brexit-uk-fishermen-fishing-industry-quotas-uk-government

Fish have borderless freedom of movement. (lol) What are you going to do.....build a wall in the sea? *-)

Just telling you. And do stop SHOUTING all the time. *-) Brexiteers keep doing this on all forums and it's very childish

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-03-28 9:18 PM

pelmetman - 2019-03-28 6:34 PM

You haven't read one of those links have you? You were so afraid of looking and assumptive you even missed the Brexity one!

Haddock once a week every week off the wet fish counter.

I'm amazed you managed to pull yourself away from the bacon butty and burger joints

So what? UK sold their fishing rights years ago. Btw....just out of curiosity, how do you know that fish you saw in some Benidorm supermarket came from UK? Did it have a GB plate? *-)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/23/propaganda-brexit-fish-eu-britain-fishing-rights

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/11/brexit-uk-fishermen-fishing-industry-quotas-uk-government

Fish have borderless freedom of movement. (lol) What are you going to do.....build a wall in the sea? *-)

Just telling you. And do stop SHOUTING all the time. *-) Brexiteers keep doing this on all forums and it's very childish

WOW 8-) ...........When did the EU take ownership of the Atlantic? :-S .........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-03-28 9:38 PM

pelmetman - 2019-03-28 9:28 PM

WOW 8-) ...........When did the EU take ownership of the Atlantic? :-S .........

WTF are you on??? :-S

You are aware where Haddock comes from? :-| ........

The Atlantic *-) .......

Why would not being in the EU prevent us from having Haddock? ........

BTW the bag of frozen fish I bought here in Spain the other day came from......Chile >:-) .......

Guest pelmetman

I wonder what will happen to the more than 50% of UK fishing quotas that are owned by non UK companies? >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-03-28 9:45 PM

The Atlantic *-) .......

You really ought to quit drinking that cheap plonk. *-)

BTW the bag of frozen fish I bought here in Spain the other day came from......Chile >:-) .......

Typical Little Englander. Waffles about "every supermarket near the coast has a fresh fish counter".....but buys frozen fish to save a few cents. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-03-30 11:14 AM

Violet1956 - 2019-03-29 11:55 AM

Read the Unearthed link BG. What an eye-opener. Thanks.

Veronica....watched this today which i'd recorded. If you've not seen it, i know you'll like it. Tragic...but powerful documentary.

"Hull's Headscarf Heroes"

iplayer link; https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09r8jvr/hulls-headscarf-heroes

Yep.......It's a perfect example of how us Brits will take on the establishment B-) .......and WIN >:-) .......

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-03-29 3:44 PM

The Atlantic *-) .......

Typical Little Englander. Waffles about "every supermarket near the coast has a fresh fish counter".....but buys frozen fish to save a few cents. *-)

The thing is I didn't notice the fish and shellfish came from Chile until I opened the bag for my paella ;-) ........

Just goes to show how little of our fish is caught in EU waters >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-03-30 3:01 PM

Veronica....watched this today which i'd recorded. If you've not seen it, i know you'll like it. Tragic...but powerful documentary.

iplayer link; https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09r8jvr/hulls-headscarf-heroes

Yep.......It's a perfect example of how us Brits will take on the establishment B-) .......and WIN >:-) ......

Obviously you haven't watched it as it's nothing to do with 'the establishment' at all. More about greedy money grubbers who didn't give a flying fig for human life which was 'disposable'......an era you clowns want to drag this country back to.

pelmetman - 2019-03-30 3:05 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-03-29 3:44 PM

The Atlantic *-) .......

The thing is I didn't notice the fish and shellfish came from Chile until I opened the bag for my paella ;-) ........

Just goes to show how little of our fish is caught in EU waters >:-) ........

Excuses, excuses, excuses.....and as ever, always lame ones. You only look at the price and pick the cheapest frozen when you should be buying fresh wet fish.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-03-30 3:13 PM

Yep.......It's a perfect example of how us Brits will take on the establishment B-) .......and WIN >:-) ......

Obviously you haven't watched it as it's nothing to do with 'the establishment' at all. More about greedy money grubbers who didn't give a flying fig for human life which was 'disposable'......an era you clowns want to drag this country back to.

Get over yourself Dumb Dumb *-) .......

That documentary was shown on our local news years ago in Lincolnshire ;-) ........and back in the 60's the greedy money grubbers had our politicians in their pockets........nothings changed much :-| .......

Except they hide their pockets better :D ........

pelmetman - 2019-03-30 3:24 PM

That documentary was shown on our local news years ago in Lincolnshire ;-) ........and back in the 60's the greedy money grubbers had our politicians in their pockets........nothings changed much :-| .......

Shown "years ago"?? That's funny seeing as it was only made last year. *-)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7976624/

I knew you hadn't watched.....and won't either as you'd learn some uncomfortable truths.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-03-30 3:40 PM

I knew you hadn't watched.....and won't either as you'd learn some uncomfortable truths.

Changing the name and date doesn't change the fact that I watched the same 60's footage on Look North years ago ;-) .........

If I recall correctly it was a 40th anniversary of the sinking......so 2008 :-| ........

The fact that some left wing media company has decided to rewrite history is .....nothing new *-) .......

pelmetman - 2019-03-30 3:50 PM

Changing the name and date doesn't change the fact that I watched the same 60's footage on Look North years ago ;-) .........

If I recall correctly it was a 40th anniversary of the sinking......so 2008 :-| ........

The fact that some left wing media company has decided to rewrite history is .....nothing new *-) ......

You haven't watched that linked BBC documentary. It wasn't shown "years ago" as you claimed as it was only made in 2018. You got caught out telling lies.....yet again. It's a Brexiteer trait so quit trying to make up another fairy story.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-03-30 4:02 PM

The fact that some left wing media company has decided to rewrite history is .....nothing new *-) ......

You haven't watched that linked BBC documentary. It wasn't shown "years ago" as you claimed as it was only made in 2018. You got caught out telling lies.....yet again. It's a Brexiteer trait so quit trying to make up another fairy story.

So the 1968 footage was made in 2018? 8-) ............Damn that's clever Dumb Dumb :D ........

pelmetman - 2019-03-30 4:06 PM

So the 1968 footage was made in 2018? 8-) ............Damn that's clever Dumb Dumb :D ........

Don't be an idiot all your life, try taking a few minutes off. Why are you so bloody dense? You said, "That documentary was shown on our local news years ago" but i've shown you twice now where "that documentary" was made in 2018. it even says on the damn credits FGS.....so you hadn't watched "that documentary years ago" because it was only made last year.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-03-30 4:29 PM

pelmetman - 2019-03-30 4:06 PM

Don't be an idiot all your life, try taking a few minutes off. Why are you so bloody dense? You said, "That documentary was shown on our local news years ago" but i've shown you twice now where "that documentary" was made in 2018. it even says on the damn credits FGS.....so you hadn't watched "that documentary years ago" because it was only made last year.

My mistake.........I forgot I was dealing with a pedantic idiot *-) .......

I should have said a similar documentary was shown in 2008 ;-) .......

So now it's been rewritten with a left wing bias using the same 1968 footage.......am I right ? ;-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-03-30 4:38 PM

Nothing pedantic or idiotic about it, it's called basic English grammar and composition which you should have learned by junior school level.

That's better.

So now it's been rewritten with a left wing bias using the same 1968 footage.......am I right ? ;-)

Why not watch it and decide for yourself rather than basing what you think on pure conjecture? Somehow though i get a feeling soap tv is about your limit which you probably view as reality tv. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-03-30 5:04 PM

Nothing pedantic or idiotic about it, it's called basic English grammar and composition which you should have learned by junior school level.

That's better.

So now it's been rewritten with a left wing bias using the same 1968 footage.......am I right ? ;-)

Why not watch it and decide for yourself rather than basing what you think on pure conjecture? Somehow though i get a feeling soap tv is about your limit which you probably view as reality tv. *-)

Why would I want to watch some biased claptrap reproduced by left wing media? :-S ........

You Socialists have already tried to rewrite yourself out of electing Hitler :D .......

pelmetman - 2019-03-30 5:11 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-03-30 5:04 PM

That's better.

Why would I want to watch some biased claptrap reproduced by left wing media? :-S ........

You stay in your 'safe space' watching Cbeebies.

Archived