UK Border Force quarantine shambles

Bulletguy

Border Force staff have branded Britain's coronavirus quarantine system “shambolic” as the first arrivals were shunted into 14 days' self-isolation today. Lucy Moreton, professional officer at the Immigration Services Union, said Border Force staff checking quarantine papers were "angry" at the way they were being treated.

She claimed technical papers explaining to staff what to check for only arrived on Friday. And she said they were still not available to those operating on the front line of the devolved administrations.

A huge range of job titles are exempt from quarantine and people who are isolating under the scheme can leave in certain circumstances - including to buy food, pet food and medicine if there's no one else to buy it for them.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/border-force-union-blasts-quarantine-22155997#source=push

malc d - 2020-06-08 3:33 PM

I haven't heard anyone who thinks this is going to work..

I reckon Cummings has slipped up with this idea.

:-(

They should have thought about this over two months ago but the horse has already bolted Malc. :-(

malc d - 2020-06-08 3:33 PM

I haven't heard anyone who thinks this is going to work..

I reckon Cummings has slipped up with this idea.

Cummings is all about spin and presentation.

Maybe too early to say he's slipped up with that.

Cummings 'guided by science' slogan leaves BoJo able to claim credit if it works,

and blame 'Science' when it all goes wrong. *-)

Whats the point now? The country is riddled with Coronavirus but we are now scared of people coming in from Greece or Germany where they managed to contain it? As said, Horse and Bolt. I notice some countries like the Netherlands are advising their people not to come to the UK anyway.

Does anyone in this government have a clue what they are doing?

Barryd999 - 2020-06-08 6:18 PM

Whats the point now? The country is riddled with Coronavirus but we are now scared of people coming in from Greece or Germany where they managed to contain it? As said, Horse and Bolt. I notice some countries like the Netherlands are advising their people not to come to the UK anyway.

I have come to the conclusion that, as Cummings won two " elections " for them, they are holding on to him in an effort to win this one - not yet realising that this one is NOT an election.

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2020-06-08 9:07 PM

I have come to the conclusion that, as Cummings won two " elections " for them, they are holding on to him in an effort to win this one - not yet realising that this one is NOT an election.

Did you enjoy your fence sitting Malc? ;-) ......

I sussed you out as a pretend fence sitter ages ago :D ........

pelmetman - 2020-06-08 9:25 PM

Did you enjoy your fence sitting Malc? ;-) ......

I sussed you out as a pretend fence sitter ages ago :D ........

On this occasion I am very firmly on the side of the victims of the virus Dave, unlike yourself.

:D (lol) 8o| :-> >:-) :-D (>)

Why would BoJo care about winning this one, as long as he keeps winning elections?

Seems just a matter of deriding Labour as looney lefties to split the opposition vote.

80 seat majority from a minority of the vote.

Same old Tory Divide & Rule.

Archived