UK's highest paid boss is........

Bulletguy

.....a woman! 8-) So much for the gender pay gap eh?! ;-)

51 year old Denise Coates, CEO of online gambling company Bet365 paid herself a whopping £265 million. When she 'clocks off' today she will pocket £726,000 for one days work....and the same again tomorrow. 8-)

Needless to say she's a multi billionaire and the business is family owned.

She was awarded her CBE six years ago for "services to the community and business" though i'm not quite sure what 'services'. Stoke has suffered badly from deprivation since the pottery industry virtually disappeared and is now a shadow of it's glory days. Also a large steel founders which employed thousands closed down years ago.

Bet365 is now the largest employer in this area and the Coates family own Stoke City FC, but i don't know what they've done for the community as a whole. Even Stokes highest paid player is only on a measly £70k a week. :-|

I was staggered to read £52.3 billion was gambled through Bet365 last year and wondered how much of that came from those with very little money.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/nov/21/bet365-denise-coates-paid-herself-an-obscene-265m-in-2017

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-11-23 4:04 PM

51 year old Denise Coates, CEO of online gambling company Bet365 paid herself a whopping £265 million. When she 'clocks off' today she will pocket £726,000 for one days work....and the same again tomorrow. 8-)

She was awarded her CBE six years ago for "services to the community and business" though i'm not quite sure what 'services'. Stoke has suffered badly from deprivation since the pottery industry virtually disappeared and is now a shadow of it's glory days. Also a large steel founders which employed thousands closed down years ago.

Bet365 is now the largest employer in this area and the Coates family own Stoke City FC, but i don't know what they've done for the community as a whole. Even Stokes highest paid player is only on a measly £70k a week. :-|

I was staggered to read £52.3 billion was gambled through Bet365 last year and wondered how much of that came from those with very little money.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/nov/21/bet365-denise-coates-paid-herself-an-obscene-265m-in-2017

So?........She's making money out of folk who aren't very bright :-| ........

BTW they're prolly the same folk who buy illegal drugs and blame the Tories for their problems *-) .......

I drink tooo much wine Bullet ;-) .........

But I guess being a Brexiteer and a natural Tory......that's my fault? :D ............

Tracker - 2018-11-23 4:10 PM

Maybe we need to cut benefit payments to discourage those who claim to have no money from spending other people's taxation on things they really need like betting, iphones and plasma tvs?

So what do you say to those previously in regular well paid work who through no fault of their own now find themselves out of work? Tell them they are not allowed to have that plasma tv and iphone they bought when working? *-)

Another point regards mobile phones. I was fortunate and had full time work from 15 until i retired at 60 but know many others are far less fortunate......just as i also know without a mobile phone a benefit claimant will struggle to gain work.

pelmetman - 2018-11-23 4:20 PM

As much as it pains me i'm inclined to agree with that bit (can't believe i am!!). I don't know....i just never 'got' the betting bug or understood it. I've never once been in a 'bookies', never placed a bet, and only ever bought just one lottery ticket when it started.

I had a relative who used to manage a string of betting shops and he told me the amounts of money which passed through his shops was frightening and as he said, "the bookie is the winner, not the punter".

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-11-23 4:35 PM

Maybe we need to cut benefit payments to discourage those who claim to have no money from spending other people's taxation on things they really need like betting, iphones and plasma tvs?

So what do you say to those previously in regular well paid work who through no fault of their own now find themselves out of work? Tell them they are not allowed to have that plasma tv and iphone they bought when working? *-)

Another point regards mobile phones. I was fortunate and had full time work from 15 until i retired at 60 but know many others are far less fortunate......just as i also know without a mobile phone a benefit claimant will struggle to gain work.

That's complete tosh Bullet >:-) .......

We KNOW benefit breeders who were washing in so much cash because of their 13 sprogs, they had new cars and bought a new tent and all the accessories to meet up with us and his........ Successful Business running sister at a festival *-) .........

Talk about Chalk & Cheese 8-) ...........

There has to be something wrong when we live in a society where gambling is an untreated disease in which the root perpetrators make billions but appear to do nothing to cure the hands that feed them - I wonder why - and yet children in need can raise over £50,000,000 from an allegedly impoverished population?

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-11-23 4:43 PM

pelmetman - 2018-11-23 4:20 PM

As much as it pains me i'm inclined to agree with that bit (can't believe i am!!). I don't know....i just never 'got' the betting bug or understood it. I've never once been in a 'bookies', never placed a bet, and only ever bought just one lottery ticket when it started.

I had a relative who used to manage a string of betting shops and he told me the amounts of money which passed through his shops was frightening and as he said, "the bookie is the winner, not the punter".

It's you lefties who want to ban tough love.........

My Mum taught me and the rest of my siblings right from wrong with her right hand until she sprained her wrist.........after that we all got a good kicking :D ........

BTW ......I only ever bet with you Bullet ;-) ..........Coz I know I'm on a dead cert >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2018-11-23 4:46 PM

We KNOW benefit breeders who were washing in so much cash because of their 13 sprogs, they had new cars and bought a new tent and all the accessories to meet up with us and his........ Successful Business running sister at a festival *-) .........

Ah you mean like the Radford family of 'breeders'? Bit of an issue for you there......he goes to work. Now, back to the point i made. Had Mr Radfords business collapsed and he was left claiming unemployment.....are you going to tell him he has to sell his plasma tv and iphone they bought when employed because you don't believe he's entitled to either?

https://www.metro.news/britains-largest-family-is-expecting-again/1077009/

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2018-11-23 4:48 PM

There has to be something wrong when we live in a society where gambling is an untreated disease in which the root perpetrators make billions but appear to do nothing to cure the hands that feed them - I wonder why - and yet children in need can raise over £50,000,000 from an allegedly impoverished population?

Blame the edjermercated Twendy Wendy's Rich, who thought they had the answers *-) .........

They made parental discipline tantamount to child abuse 8-) ..........

I'm so glad my mum thrashed me B-) .............

Or I'd prolly be a sad loser blaming the Tories for all my problems :-| .........

Tracker - 2018-11-23 4:48 PM

I'm just puzzled as to what 'services' Mrs Coates did for the community to get her badge. Maybe i'll ask my cousin whose a big Stoke City supporter and knows far more about the family than i do but it seems she's got her badge more for making shed loads of money than doing any community work. Stoke is still a morbidly depressing place with high unemployment so she doesn't seem to have done much there other than build a gross ugly slab of HQ.

There was something recently about clamping down on fixed odds betting machines but i haven't really a clue what these things are. Apparently people can lose thousands in a matter of minutes.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-11-23 5:06 PM

Ah you mean like the Radford family of 'breeders'? Bit of an issue for you there......he goes to work. Now, back to the point i made. Had Mr Radfords business collapsed and he was left claiming unemployment.....are you going to tell him he has to sell his plasma tv and iphone they bought when employed because you don't believe he's entitled to either?

You carry on making excuses for the idle classes Bullet ;-) ...........

As a public sector employee ;-) .......

I'm not surprised you struggle with the concept with where your money comes from :D ........

As a Labour voter .......You know it comes from a magic money tree (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

pelmetman - 2018-11-23 5:20 PM

I'm not surprised you struggle with the concept with where your money comes from :D ........

As a Labour voter .......You know it comes from a magic money tree (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

From this post it now seems you're obviously drunk again as none of it makes any sense at all. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-11-23 6:25 PM

From this post it now seems you're obviously drunk again as none of it makes any sense at all. *-)

The difference is ........Mr Radford is a rare self financed family in the UK today.........if you exclude child benefit ;-) .........

The benefit family I know have never been self financed ;-) ...........except by the taxpayer *-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-11-23 7:16 PM

The difference is ........

You stereotyping about 'breeders and 13 sprogs'. Is that the sort of terminology you use to describe your mother and wife? *-)

Anyway i see you've fallen off your chair for today and run off. What time do you hit the bottle? :-|

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-11-23 8:31 PM

You stereotyping about 'breeders and 13 sprogs'. Is that the sort of terminology you use to describe your mother and wife? *-)

Anyway i see you've fallen off your chair for today and run off. What time do you hit the bottle? :-|

My mother wasn't ever on benefits ;-) .........

I only ever claimed them for about a year........I was shocked how easy it was to qualify, 8-) .........

I didn't really need them......Which kinda proves my point dontcha think? :-| ..........

pelmetman - 2018-11-23 9:37 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-11-23 8:31 PM

My mother wasn't ever on benefits ;-) .........

Nothing to do being on benefits. I was referring to your choice of terminology for women who have children.

I only ever claimed them for about a year........I was shocked how easy it was to qualify, 8-) .........

I didn't really need them......Which kinda proves my point dontcha think? :-| ..........

Then why claim benefits when you "didn't really need them"? Not that i believe the latter as if correct it puts you in an even worse light....not the most ideal 'point to prove'. *-)

Afaik the only benefit payment which is mandatory and automatic is child benefit but even that can be returned or given over to charity. Every other benefit requires application and a criteria with many hoops to jump through. I know when a friend of mine had his DLA stopped after being told he was "fit to work" despite having not long been discharged from hospital after a major stroke. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-11-23 9:55 PM

Then why claim benefits when you "didn't really need them"? Not that i believe the latter as if correct it puts you in an even worse light....not the most ideal 'point to prove'. *-)

)

Because I didn't believe I could 8-) .......

Phoned up out of curiosity after seeing an advert in our local rag ;-) ........

So proved a theory I had that benefits were too easy to get :-| ........and paid the wine bill :D ........

That was some years ago, so if they're finally tightening up the system, its not before time in my view *-) .........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-11-23 9:55 PM

Nothing to do being on benefits. I was referring to your choice of terminology for women who have children.

Is calling someone a benefit breeder worse than calling someone a xenophobic racist? ;-) .........

Or are only loony lefties allowed to call folk names? >:-) ........

Typical lefty wing Hypocrisy *-) .......

Maybe we need to cut benefit payments to discourage those who claim to have no money from spending other people's taxation on things they really need like betting, .....

Since UK benefits are about the meanest in the EU, Iguess its more likely they have turned to crime and are laundering the proceeds through gambling

pelmetman - 2018-11-23 9:37 PM

Actually it was at one time.

Thatcher won the 1979 election on the famous Saatchi & Saatchi poster of a posed dole queue over the caption 'Labour isn't Working'

Then laid waste to mining and manufacturing but needed to keep her official unemployment count below one million.

I've heard of Jobcentre staff encouraging people to sign on as sick instead of unemployed at that time.

Things have gone to the other extreme now with people being declared fit for work the same week (and in one case the same day) they died from their illness. They get the unemployment figures down by counting zero hours contracts as jobs. But the old idea of masses of fit people claiming to be sick to get benefits has persisted. Wheras the big frauds seem to be identity theft with professional crims claiming benefits for people who don't exist. Or like the fraudsters who succesfully claimed over a million pounds from the Royal Tory Borough (PS: or rather the poorer boroughs Theresa May had taken money from to give to the Royal Tory Borough) for living in a Grenfell Tower flat that didn't even exist. Simply because the Royal Tory Borough didn't bother to check their records before handing out our money >:-)

Maybe we need to cut benefit payments?

Just watched the Can't Pay? We'll take it away! TV programme broadcast last night.

A 60 year old mechanic, who had worked and paid taxes until he had a brain tumour and could no longer work, was being evicted from his tiny terraced house because housing benefit didn't cover the rent.

Even the Baliffs said they were 'Appalled'

- as they looked over his rented home he kept immaculate right till the end.

How much further would you like to cut benefits?

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-11-25 12:45 PM

Just watched the Can't Pay? We'll take it away! TV programme broadcast last night.

A 60 year old mechanic, who had worked and paid taxes until he had a brain tumour and could no longer work, was being evicted from his tiny terraced house because housing benefit didn't cover the rent.

So he was living in a area he couldn't afford to? :-S .........

Who's fault is that? :-| ........

pelmetman - 2018-11-25 3:44 PM

John52 - 2018-11-25 12:45 PM

So he was living in a area he couldn't afford to? :-S .........

Who's fault is that? :-| ........

He was living in a poor part of Manchester, presumably because thats where his job used to be.

Archived