UK unemployment now so low - its in danger of exposing the lie

Bulletguy

Unemployment in the UK is now so low it's in danger of exposing the lie used to create the numbers

Unemployment in Britain is now just 4.5%. There are only 1.49 million unemployed people in the UK, versus 32 million people with jobs.

This is almost unheard of. Unemployment was most recently this low in December 1973, when the UK set an unrepeated record of just 3.4%.

The problem with this record is that the statistical definition of "unemployment" relies on a fiction that economists tell themselves about the nature of work. As the rate gets lower and lower, it tests that lie. Because — as anyone who has studied basic economics knows — the official definition of unemployment disguises the true rate. In reality, about 21.5% of all working-age people (defined as ages 16 to 64) are without jobs, or 8.83 million people, according to the Office for National Statistics.

That's more than FOUR TIMES the official number.

https://tinyurl.com/y7hj9q9a

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-17 6:07 PM

Unemployment in the UK is now so low it's in danger of exposing the lie used to create the numbers

Unemployment in Britain is now just 4.5%. There are only 1.49 million unemployed people in the UK, versus 32 million people with jobs.

This is almost unheard of. Unemployment was most recently this low in December 1973, when the UK set an unrepeated record of just 3.4%.

The problem with this record is that the statistical definition of "unemployment" relies on a fiction that economists tell themselves about the nature of work. As the rate gets lower and lower, it tests that lie. Because — as anyone who has studied basic economics knows — the official definition of unemployment disguises the true rate. In reality, about 21.5% of all working-age people (defined as ages 16 to 64) are without jobs, or 8.83 million people, according to the Office for National Statistics.

Damn you are seriously stupid Bullet 8-) .......

You do know those figures include the unemployable, those who don't want to be employed ........and folk like me >:-) ...........

The self financed Idle B-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-02-17 6:27 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-17 6:07 PM

Damn you are seriously stupid Bullet 8-) .......

You do know those figures include the unemployable, those who don't want to be employed ........

You haven't read through the report have you.....i suggest you do before going into your usual keyboard warrior mode each time you see something you don't like.

One hour per week counts as "employed"....that's on the ONS site itself though i've no doubt you will start disagreeing with them too. *-)

It's a known fact government have massaged the true figure of unemployment......and dummies like you swallow the myth.

and folk like me >:-) ...........The self financed Idle B-) .........

You posted on here you drew benefits you claimed "not to need". :-|

We all know you're idle. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-17 6:51 PM

Yep I highlighted how generous our benefit system was/is ;-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-02-17 6:56 PM

You were fortunate a safety net was there for you then weren't you....yet you're so selfish you don't want it there for those more needy than yourself. I find that pretty gross.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-17 7:19 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-17 6:56 PM

You were fortunate a safety net was there for you then weren't you....yet you're so selfish you don't want it there for those more needy than yourself. I find that pretty gross.

Safety net???? :-S .......

When I received tax credits it was because my income was below what the government thought I should earn 8-) ........

There again I have a long history of getting by on peanuts :D.......

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-02-17 7:54 PM

NEWSFLASH ( Not really )

British government spins unemployment figures !

( No change there then ).

:-|

Can they spin them back to the 70's? :D .........

BTW do you know anyone who couldn't get a job if they really wanted one? :-| ........

pelmetman - 2019-02-17 8:06 PM

NEWSFLASH ( Not really )

BTW do you know anyone who couldn't get a job if they really wanted one? :-| ........

If you try hard enough you can ' prove ' whatever you like with numbers and charts.

There are always people who will believe anything if it suits their own agenda.

;-)

NEWSFLASH ( Not really )

Barrys wanted a job for years ... Hes never found a girl willing enough though poor darling ... Oh hang on you mean a job , as in work

malc d - 2019-02-17 8:12 PM

NEWSFLASH ( Not really )

If you try hard enough you can prove whatever you like with numbers and charts.

;-)

You mean Remoaners

antony1969 - 2019-02-17 8:14 PM

NEWSFLASH ( Not really )

;-)

You mean Remoaners

No.

. In this instance I mean forum members.

malc d - 2019-02-17 8:16 PM

antony1969 - 2019-02-17 8:14 PM

NEWSFLASH ( Not really )

;-)

You mean Remoaners

No.

. In this instance I mean forum members.

Ye ... I was right first time me thinks

Guest pelmetman

Bulletguy - 2019-02-17 5:56 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-02-17 5:38 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-17 5:25 PM

747 - 2019-02-17 4:34 PM

A number of budget airlines across the World have collapsed in the last 6 months or so, some of them European.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/flights-cancelled-top-12-recent-airline-collapses-408853/

Sorry to burst your balloon.

If I don't win the National Lottery on Wednesday, I am going to blame it on Brexit. :->

Afraid that doesn't answer the question of if as some would have us believe, "Brexit will be good for Britain"....why so many businesses are leaving or going to the wall? It's not looking to be quite as good as you keep claiming it is it? The airline clearly stated 'Brexit uncertainty' made it impossible for them to let contracts that would keep them going financially so is this uncertainty what you welcome for businesses and employees?

Ive just done a quote for a charity for about £15K worth of IT kit and software. Pre referendum before the pound tanked it would have been around £12-13K. With any luck they may secure funding for it but if its pre Brexit you can pretty much bet it will be way off the mark if its not ordered and paid for straight away as its all priced in dollars and euros so if it doesnt get ordered and paid for before we leave and there is a no deal Brexit it could rocket in price.. This happened in 2016. Ive actually discussed this in the proposal. Its not a huge amount in the great scheme of things but it could scupper the entire job.

As of today we have ships setting off for the far east and Australia that have no idea if they will be able to deliver their goods or what tariffs will be applied if they can.

this uncertainty is effecting everyone in business now from semi retired IT consultants to huge shipping conglomerates. It would be laughable if it wasnt so serious. If I had announced on here in 2016 that with just 40 days to go we would be no further forward with Brexit with no deal agreed, virtually no roll over deals in the bag and no idea of the direction we were going in I would have been laughed off the forum and declared insane.

Companies will simply pass any increases from tariffs onto customers no matter what the goods are. Anyone now ordering their new Porsche has to commit to signing a 10% surcharge in case of no deal. Ok that's Porsche but many other business will end up doing exactly the same.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/15/porsche-asks-uk-buyers-to-commit-to-10-no-deal-brexit-surcharge

As for import/exports it's going to affect all business both large and small.....have a listen to this guy; https://www.channel4.com/news/could-uk-exporters-be-hit-with-a-no-deal-brexit-premium

If you try hard enough you can ' prove ' whatever you like with numbers and charts.

;-)

Agreed ;-) .........

Which is why I prefer gut instinct :D ..........

It's not always been perfect :-| .........

But it's improved with age B-) ........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-17 9:06 PM

NEWSFLASH ( Not really )

(No change there then ).

But when they spin it to the extent analysts start taking a closer look, that big fat lie unravels! ;-)

Analysts FFS? *-) ..........

Any corner shop window or local rag will indicate the state of the local job market for the unqualified :D .......

And last time I looked there were plenty of vacancies >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-02-17 9:14 PM

NEWSFLASH ( Not really )

(No change there then ).

But when they spin it to the extent analysts start taking a closer look, that big fat lie unravels! ;-)

Jeeez.....you won't find it on Twitter, look it up in the dictionary. *-)

Any corner shop window or local rag will indicate the state of the local job market for the unqualified :D .......And last time I looked there were plenty of vacancies >:-) ........

Corner shop??? Is that your Brexit time warp bubble? Those places ceased to exist by the mid 70's. *-)

Bulletguy - 2019-02-17 10:15 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-17 9:14 PM

NEWSFLASH ( Not really )

(No change there then ).

Jeeez.....you won't find it on Twitter, look it up in the dictionary. *-)

Any corner shop window or local rag will indicate the state of the local job market for the unqualified :D .......And last time I looked there were plenty of vacancies >:-) ........

Corner shop??? Is that your Brexit time warp bubble? Those places ceased to exist by the mid 70's. *-)

Obviously not in your upmarket little village but Corner Shops exist all over major towns and cities.

Where is it you live again? ..... Is it Royston Vasey? :D

Archived