URGENT HELP PLEASE

ROON

:-( aFTER endless arranging to sort out parents, was supposed to meet daughter on Saturday - (much needed holiday together as those of you who speak on the phone know the horrendous problems that have occurred of late) - and go to Anglesey for a week.

Just this minute had a phone call from the site to say Anglesey now under water and the sites are ringing around cancelling all bookings!!!! (This particularly because further rain forecast for the next three days.)

Tomorrow I have just been informed that I need to go to the Hospice which means that I only have Friday to try and arrange a last minute booking.

In desperation I came onto the computer to try and arrange a week in Freshwater East, Pembroke but that is booked for some of the weekdays that I require. :'( It is a little further South than I would really wish to drive but feeling desperate. Tried a few other sites which seem to offer me the peace and tranquility that we need. REALLY NEED THIS BREAK. On top of everything else had phone call today to say my friend's son, early 20's, died last night.... what more can happen this year. I need to build up my strength now for my two friends as well as my daughter and myself.

I want somewhere near a lovely beach, lovely scenery, a small and quiet public house .... Freshwater East would have been ideal .... possibly with somewhere local to travel to where there are ruins or places of interest.

Can someone please suggest somewhere TONIGHT? I would be really grateful. I have just gone away without planning before now or without recommendation and had a couple of bad experiences. The sea and the beach are the most important features needed. Thank you. (Oh, and if possible a Caravan Club or Caravan and Camping Club site as cost does, unfortunately, come into the equation.)

Joy

We used to live in Millom, Cumbria. Might be a bit more "northwest" than you had in mind, but it's a lovely peaceful area and would really do the job of getting away from it all for a few days. Not usually flooded either.

There are sites nearby at:

Haverigg

http://www.butterflowers.net/campsite.htm

and Silecroft.

http://www.caravanholidayhomes.com/

Hope you get something sorted

Tony

The best beach site we have ever stayed at was the CC New England Bay, but perhaps this is too far north for you?

The site has pitches which are more or less on the beach and the area is both quiet and with lots of interest nearby.

As a further suggestion, have you looked at the CC CL network?

Sorry to read of your problems above and hope life takes a better turn soon.

Just returned from Coed-y-Llwyn near Porthmadog. Lovely site, great wardens, pub which serves meals just down the road and lots to do and see in that area, inlcuding long walks from the site. Not too far from the sea with lots of beaches to choose from although with present weather not for sitting on and much less to swim in. There for days and it rained almost constantly so the hardstanding pitches were needed but when I left on Tuesday lots of places. Choose pitch carefully if you want to watch Sky otherwise choice of channels very limited.

Wherever you choose I hope the weather will be kinder to you.

Joy - if not too late Coed-y-Llwyn is very good and ideally placed as Patricia says - e.g. Coed y Brenin (mountain biking and good forest walks), Portmeirion, slate caverns, Harlech castle, Ffestiniog railway all very near. It's only about five min drive away from us, but we have been having very bad weather too, loads of rain (raining now), not beach weather even though there are lots of good beaches. Last time we stayed in on the Caernarfon CC site (wife attending harp workshops) it was also very rainy and the site was waterlogged, people were having to be towed off the pitches (grass) - if Anglesey is flooded, Caernarfon CC will be too I expect.

WOW, Pkc! Just loved that! Sat with my eyes closed for the first part of it and I was actually there in the forest.

Back to my week ahead. Thank you all so very, very much for your help which I REALLY do appreciate. Sadly, after the hospice visit yesterday I have to go into the hospital one day next week for a further check - but fingers crossed it will be false alarm again. Strangely enough when I told my daughter about the cancellation she said, "Well maybe it's someone up there trying to tell us something."

I have copied all your replies as I intend to use the sites in the future; hope that is ok and they arn't sites you like to keep to yourselves for peace and quiet :$

Once more thank you all. Joy x

Joy - take care and don't go chasing the male nurses again ... if you catch one you've got to remember what to do with him! 8-)

Tony .... ref your new signature ... do you mean that the Ford Transits are in 'every shape' or the 'devotees and afficionados'??? :D

Archived