Un Clown!

Barryd999

Barryd999 - 2021-12-02 12:00 PM

Well some of us have been calling him that for years. Its funny but its also extremely embarrassing. Our once fine country being led by a clown and his circus.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/emmanuel-macron-boris-johnson-france-b1967765.html

Problem is, of course, calling Johnson a clown, even if Macron also qualifies for that remark alone, contributes nothing to resolving the migrant problem.

Personally - but I'm aware no-one in authority is listening, so this is all a waste of time - the obvious answer is to thank the French for their offer to let us set up a migrant clearing facility in France, preferably on the northern French coast around Calais, and prioritise doing so. In fact, with mutual agreement, I see no reason why a mobile facility (or even several!) should not be viable, so the centre can go to the migrants.

There is of course the question of where the migrants stay while awaiting clearance, and of what happens to those whose applications are rejected by the UK. Presumably this would mean the "rejects" would remain in France, at least until the French decide whether to accept them, refer them back to the last EU country they passed through before France, or "export" them to an alternative, willing, state outside the EU. I'm assuming that returning them to their country of origin is out of the question on both humanitarian grounds and under the UN declaration on asylum seekers.

We might help ourselves in this regard, by stopping pretending that they are "illegal" migrants. Under UK law, those seeking asylum, or acceptance as refugees, can only register their claims while on UK soil. They also have a legal right to do this under UK law. So, if their presence in UK is open, as it must be if they are applying to register a claim for asylum - which it seems they mostly want to do - how can they be here illegally? Their purpose in being here is entirely legal under our laws. And we, and no-one else, made those laws.

Brian Kirby - 2021-12-02 2:19 PM

Well some of us have been calling him that for years. Its funny but its also extremely embarrassing. Our once fine country being led by a clown and his circus.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/emmanuel-macron-boris-johnson-france-b1967765.html

Problem is, of course, calling Johnson a clown, even if Macron also qualifies for that remark alone, contributes nothing to resolving the migrant problem.

Personally - but I'm aware no-one in authority is listening, so this is all a waste of time - the obvious answer is to thank the French for their offer to let us set up a migrant clearing facility in France, preferably on the northern French coast around Calais, and prioritise doing so. In fact, with mutual agreement, I see no reason why a mobile facility (or even several!) should not be viable, so the centre can go to the migrants.

There is of course the question of where the migrants stay while awaiting clearance, and of what happens to those whose applications are rejected by the UK. Presumably this would mean the "rejects" would remain in France, at least until the French decide whether to accept them, refer them back to the last EU country they passed through before France, or "export" them to an alternative, willing, state outside the EU. I'm assuming that returning them to their country of origin is out of the question on both humanitarian grounds and under the UN declaration on asylum seekers.

We might help ourselves in this regard, by stopping pretending that they are "illegal" migrants. Under UK law, those seeking asylum, or acceptance as refugees, can only register their claims while on UK soil. They also have a legal right to do this under UK law. So, if their presence in UK is open, as it must be if they are applying to register a claim for asylum - which it seems they mostly want to do - how can they be here illegally? Their purpose in being here is entirely legal under our laws. And we, and no-one else, made those laws.

Thats too much like common sense Brian and Johnson doesn't do "sense" and he's more interested in buffoonery which appeals to his wing nut followers. Macrons suggestion is sensible and perfectly feasible but I doubt Johnson will agree as it's not his idea and he wants to be seen as The Leader telling France what to do.

Bulletguy - 2021-12-02 2:40 PM

Brian Kirby - 2021-12-02 2:19 PM

Thats too much like common sense Brian and Johnson doesn't do "sense" and he's more interested in buffoonery which appeals to his wing nut followers. Macrons suggestion is sensible and perfectly feasible but I doubt Johnson will agree as it's not his idea and he wants to be seen as The Leader telling France what to do.

Well technically it should be possible already because they could make the Asylum centre in Calais some kind of British Embassy so it would in effect be "British Soil" (I think).

Its pointless though as said as Johnson wont dare go for it not only because it was not his idea but because his supporters will explode with Rage and Farage will likely fling himself off the white cliffs of Dover. Actually, hang on. (lol)

Archived