Und They're Off

Birdbrain

Birdbrain - 2019-12-13 2:35 PM

5pm today ... Stand Up To Racism march in London protesting the result of the election ...Not even 24 hours after the result ... Lordy My

It must be an anti Labour Party march on behalf of Jewish people.

Guest pelmetman
Birdbrain - 2019-12-13 6:51 PM

Look at at the state of em with the Antifa flag flying away ... https://twitter.com/darrengrimes_/status/1205556903742496769 ... Our brave new world , is that Barry at the front , FlacidPart like a big girl at the back ... Drips

Stroppy Losers will be the bane of our lives for at least another 5 years ;-) .......

Could be much worse :D ........

They could've won 8-) ......... (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

Guest pelmetman
Birdbrain - 2019-12-13 8:26 PM

Not my prime minister ... not my prime minister ... not my prime minister ... not my prime minister ...

... My old Grandad would be made up him and his buddies fought for the permanently offended ... Not even 24 hours since the result

Aaaaw bless (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Stupid sods obviously don't understand what living in a democracy means :D .......

Birdbrain - 2019-12-14 8:24 AM

The next chapter of the book maybe ... https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1216728/Gina-Miller-Boris-Johnson-Remainers-Brexit-election-news-latest

Actually she has a point. I fully accept that we lost the election but you could argue that as its a fact that the majority of the public that voted did actually vote for parties that supported either remaining in the EU or a second referendum there is no mandate whatsoever for the kind of hard brexit that Johnson and the ERG had in mind. You could even argue that because of that he really should offer his Brexit deal up in a confirmatory referendum. I accept of course that he wont do that. Not a chance in hell. However it depends now on what version of Johnson emerges post election as to what kind of Brexit deal we end up with.

Will it be the Liberal Mayor Johnson character or the election campaign Nigel Farage type Johnson? We simply do not know because he just plays whatever roll he thinks will work best for him at the time. The Tory party just became the party of the working classes. So what is he going to do, crush the people who now back him with a damaging hard Brexit where the likes of Nissan and most of whats left of manufacturing disappear thus ruining the lives of the very people who put him in power or does he now move to a much softer more closely aligned deal with Europe and thus protecting (as much as possible) those jobs and the economy? His massive majority protects him from the likes of the ERG if he goes down that route as he no longer needs to pander to them.

We will have to wait and see but lets not pretend that the whole country now backs a hard Brexit or any kind of Brexit because its simply not true. The Prime Minister would do well to consider that.

Barryd999 - 2019-12-15 11:37 AM

The next chapter of the book maybe ... https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1216728/Gina-Miller-Boris-Johnson-Remainers-Brexit-election-news-latest

Actually she has a point. I fully accept that we lost the election but you could argue that as its a fact that the majority of the public that voted did actually vote for parties that supported either remaining in the EU or a second referendum there is no mandate whatsoever for the kind of hard brexit that Johnson and the ERG had in mind. You could even argue that because of that he really should offer his Brexit deal up in a confirmatory referendum. I accept of course that he wont do that. Not a chance in hell. However it depends now on what version of Johnson emerges post election as to what kind of Brexit deal we end up with.

Will it be the Liberal Mayor Johnson character or the election campaign Nigel Farage type Johnson? We simply do not know because he just plays whatever roll he thinks will work best for him at the time. The Tory party just became the party of the working classes. So what is he going to do, crush the people who now back him with a damaging hard Brexit where the likes of Nissan and most of whats left of manufacturing disappear thus ruining the lives of the very people who put him in power or does he now move to a much softer more closely aligned deal with Europe and thus protecting (as much as possible) those jobs and the economy? His massive majority protects him from the likes of the ERG if he goes down that route as he no longer needs to pander to them.

We will have to wait and see but lets not pretend that the whole country now backs a hard Brexit or any kind of Brexit because its simply not true. The Prime Minister would do well to consider that.

I always considered a hard Brexit as just a negotiating point,nothing more. Closer to Europe or closer to USA ,that’s the question.

"I fully accept that we lost the election" ... Then it all goes t!t$ up as usual ... What you should have said is I don't accept the result of Brexit , this election or any other until I get the result I want

Birdbrain - 2019-12-15 11:59 AM

"I fully accept that we lost the election" ... Then it all goes t!t$ up as usual ... What you should have said is I don't accept the result of Brexit , this election or any other until I get the result I want

WTF are you on about? The result I want would be not to leave the EU at all. What we should now get however is a compromise. A softer Brexit. Where is the mandate for a hard Brexit? The general election doesnt show one. All it shows is just how dire Labour and the Libdems are and that only a minority of the public voted for a party that stood on a hard Brexit manifesto. If the Tories want to stay in power in five years time they had better deliver something thats going to work for their new working class voters. A hard Brexit wont and despite what I might have said about Johnson he isnt that stupid to not realise that and he doesnt have to pander to the the far right loony's in his party anymore and he can forget what he promised Farage. Why Farage fell for that one is beyond me.

just depends now what kind of PM emerges in the next few weeks. Hes been down one of our local pubs with Dehenna yesterday promising all sorts for his new batch of bumpkin Tories so lets see if he delivers.

Archived