Unexpected Supprise

howie

Returned home from the club last night to find my ancient and decrepid armchair had been replaced by a new luxurious riser/recliner chair. Beautiful 'stressed' brown leather with built in massage therapy system and fully adjustable, it was a gift from my kids who were fed up with me complaining about the old one and decided to treat me to a new one.

A rare gesture on their part, very much appreciated, and something i,m really going to enjoy. :->

Lucky you Howie. When we bought our curent three piece suite we went a bit OTT. both armchairs are recliners and both end seats of the three seater settee are recliners too. The real icing on the cake though is that my armchair is a powered recliner with built in heat and massage functions. Absolutely fabulous after a stressfull day at work :D . One real advantage to having recliners on all the seating is they have to have a steel subframe which makes it a damned sight stronger and long lasting than your ordinary chipboard and staples jobs.

D.

Dave Newell - 2008-06-21 11:20 AM

One real advantage to having recliners on all the seating is they have to have a steel subframe which makes it a damned sight stronger and long lasting than your ordinary chipboard and staples jobs.

D.

Especially useful when the dog's on your lap, eh Dave? ;-)

howie - 2008-06-21 10:28 AM

Returned home from the club last night to find my ancient and decrepid armchair had been replaced by a new luxurious riser/recliner chair. Beautiful 'stressed' brown leather with built in massage therapy system and fully adjustable, it was a gift from my kids who were fed up with me complaining about the old one and decided to treat me to a new one.

A rare gesture on their part, very much appreciated, and something i,m really going to enjoy. :->

They must be noticing your advancing years and need for an easier life, Howie

Mick H.

howie - 2008-06-21 10:28 AM

They must be noticing your advancing years and need for an easier life, Howie

Mick H.

Quite so Mick, and its things like repeating yourself that are the signs you should look for. :->

It was a lovely gesture on their part and most probably prompted by their Mum who no doubt suggested the idea. Not your usual gift from the children which usually consists of aftershave etc. for birthdays and Christmas. I really can't remember having anything like this before and you can imagine the supprise I got when I came in last night. ( just a little bit emotional, but thats between me and you lot ), and all the more special as kids tend to take you for granted, which is only natural I suppose.

Expensive piece of furniture I should imagine, and Dave mentioned his own suite being a bit OTT, but why not. Spend a awful lot of time on these chairs and settees so might as well be comfortable while your at it and though buying cheap and changing often makes sense you still can,t beat that feeling of quality.

Now if you,ll excuse me its time to get comfortable, enjoy a gentle massage and watch the football. Hmm. Wonder if Mel,s backing Holland. Doubt it. ;-)

J9withdogs - 2008-06-21 11:28 AM

Dave Newell - 2008-06-21 11:20 AM

One real advantage to having recliners on all the seating is they have to have a steel subframe which makes it a damned sight stronger and long lasting than your ordinary chipboard and staples jobs.

D.

Especially useful when the dog's on your lap, eh Dave? ;-)

Too true Janine, especially when he weighs five and a half stone! Add that to my svelte figure and the chair is in for some strain :D

D.

Why Howie, aren't you the lucky chap! Obviously your kids either:

1) love you to bits

2) were fed up with your wingeing!

3) have found your secret stash of £20 notes

4) think you're not far from pushing up daisies and want to get in to your good books.

5) all of the above! (lol)

And no, I'm not supporting Holland ... or any other country for that matter, not a fan of football, too many 'babies' and decider penalty shoot outs. *-)

howie - 2008-06-21 6:30 PM

Quite so Mick, and its things like repeating yourself that are the signs you should look for. :->

Now if you,ll excuse me its time to get comfortable, enjoy a gentle massage and watch the football. Hmm. Wonder if Mel,s backing Holland. Doubt it. ;-)

As footie has crept in did you watch it,didn't think I woulld ever cheer the Ruskies on but they totally outplayed Holland and would have been robbed if they lost.Hope this isn't against your thoughts on the game, just my opinion.

Mick H.

Mel B - 2008-06-21 7:18 PM

Why Howie, aren't you the lucky chap! Obviously your kids either:

1) love you to bits

2) were fed up with your wingeing!

3) have found your secret stash of £20 notes

4) think you're not far from pushing up daisies and want to get in to your good books.

5) all of the above! (lol)

And no, I'm not supporting Holland ... or any other country for that matter, not a fan of football, too many 'babies' and decider penalty shoot outs. *-)

Silly girl Mel, and what with you knowing me so well No 1 was the obvious answer. This armchair really is something to behold and well worth you coming round to have a look at. Easy to find us. Just follow the main street to the far end and and we live right next to the canal. Lovely stretch of water and welcome to drop in any time chuck. he he.

Enjoyed the game Mick and its one those strange British traits where we always support the underdogs. Travelled all over in my time and never come across this anywhere else. Second is nowhere as the Americans would say, and everyone else seems to agree, backing only the probable winners.

Interesting decision by the ref to rescind that second yellow card (red) on the Russian defender after it was deemed the ball was out of play and something to debate down the pub, with myself totally undecided if it was right or not.

Archived