Unusual pictures

bootbags

This is a very unusual picture taken this morning of my hand.

I got bitten by something when I was out walking on Sunday and my hand is now twice the size it usually is.

I went to the chemist for some cream, they sent me to the doctor's who saw me within the hour! How's that for service?

PIC_0027.JPG.72fa4e5684811136494e873bc6b30011.JPG

Janine, that looks very sore, were you walking in Bracken ? as I have heard of a Lyme fly

which can give a nasty bite. They are really widespread on Moors. ie Dartmoor, Exmoor etc,

A lady was on tele not too long back who had a terrible reaction to the bite from this fly, Do hope it gets better soon, Ria.

Thank you girls, I'm hoping it does get better soon, it itches/hurts like billyo.

Thank you Syd - you can be sure of that :D

I was walking through woodland, fields and along rivers, so it could have been anything.

Best bet so far has been a horse fly ...............shut up Syd >:-)

J9withdogs - 2008-08-05 3:55 PM Thank you girls, I'm hoping it does get better soon, it itches/hurts like billyo. Thank you Syd - you can be sure of that :D I was walking through woodland, fields and along rivers, so it could have been anything. Best bet so far has been a horse fly ...............shut up Syd >:-)

there you are Syd, straight from the horse's mouth

Hmm. The wife always gets a bad reaction, especially horseflies which have needed hospital treatment on more than one occasion. Can,t recall men suffering the same problem, at least not to the same extent, and wondering if its down to a chemical difference or something like that.

These bites can be quite dodgy if you tend to swell up.

My wife was bitten on a finger and it quickly swelled up, and because it was on a 'ring' finger she couldn't get the ring off and the finger started to go blue.

We nipped off the A & E and they cut the ring off.

So if you do suffer from this kind of reaction - beware - and take off any rings while you still can. :-( :-(

Mel B - 2008-08-06 8:34 PM

As I understand it King Canute actually didn't belileve he could hold the water back, he was demonstrating to his subjects that he didn't have the power to do so .... I think! 8-)

Well you got me thinking too. I hated History at school but you got me going. I just came off looking at wikepedia on the web. there are pages of info, more than I could absorb and not until almost the end did it mention the episode with the ' holding back of the sea'

It states the story is probably apocryphal and it seems when he set up his throne at the waters edge and commanded the sea not to wet his robes but had to leap back to escape the waves - thus he repented of his pride and resolved that God was the only ruler of the sea. So I have had a history lesson tonight. thank You for pointing out my lack of history knowledge - never too old to learn they say. :-D

Archived