Van Blitz

michele

Can anyone tell me do these alarms have a siren like in the war!

We parked for the night in Brittany in an Aire and at about three oclock in the morning I jumped out of bed wide awake to this alarm .

The only thing I can describe it as is something like when we were in the War and the air raid shelter warnings went off . It was so loud I told my husband to wake up because maybe another van was being done.

He told me I was a silly cow and to go back to sleep!

What was it help.

Michele

We've got a Van Bitz alarm, and they do make a noise if they have the external "Wailers" option. There is one under the bonnet, but the external ones are at the rear, if these go off then look out!!!

Could go off if the owners have put it into "perimiter" mode. This allows occupants to walk around inside the van without it going off, but still has protection on teh doors and any lockers that you've had protected, BUT you must remember to unarm the system before you get out in the morning or the alarm will go off.!!

Wailing Banshee comes to mind

Thai

Most certainly is Michele

There is no doubt that the alarm has gone off if this external siren lets loose.!!

Ours sends a text message to your mobile if the alarm goes off, you then have the option of turning it off and reset it or disabling the ignition, we did not take up the 3rd option which is the bility to track your vehicle. We've got tracker for that. Another standard option is a cycle loop, which you can put around any chairs and bikes etc.... that you leave out. If anyone tries to break the connection and have it away with your tables, chairs and bikes then the sirens let loose again!!!

Thai

Michele

All depends upon how many lockers and doors you want covering. You get 2 doors covered as part of the starter kit, best bet is go to Van Bitz's web site.

They have a all year round site where you get free overnight stay if you're having any work done. The thing with it is that it's a good system but top end on price.

http://www.vanbitz.com

Guess what, they're also Alpine & Pioneer Sat Nav installers and also will look at you Oyster for you!!!!. They do the Dome system. Hope all this helps.

Maybe get youself down there, near Taunton - cider country!!!

Thai

Hi, Michele

In certain areas the French use what we know as the air raid warning sirens to call the fire brigade staff in the event of an emergency, from what i have been told in a lot of areas they have what we call Retained Firemen/women and when they receive a emergency call rather than phone around they sound what we know as Air raid warning sirens.

The reason i know this, was because when we were at Beaulieu-sur-Dordogne a few weeks ago they sounded their and as the campsite was right on the river a number of us wondered if they were sounding because of a possible flood condition and when we asked we were told it was the above

Hope that helps

Hi Michele.

We have a Van Bitz alarm, yes they do make a hell of a row. If you stand towards the rear of the vehicle when it goes off, the sirens oscillate and it sounds just like an emergency vehicle. As for cost it makes a big hole in a grand. But hopefully worth it.

Off to Norfolk for a couple of weeks.

David

net-traveller - 2007-06-07 2:29 PM The alarm you all have to worry about is the one that is tested every monday at 10am near Crowthorne in Berks. You can hear it for miles. If you hear it at any other time head for the barricades. It's the alarm system at Broadmoor! ;-)

I know exactly what you mean, stayed at some friends of ours in Sandhurst, and was awoken by this noise on a sunday a.m. Never knew where Broadhurst was, but know now!!

Thai

Archived