You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  General Chat -> Chatterbox
Jump to page : FirstPrevious 1 2 3 Last
Format:  Go
Very Sad
AuthorMessage
userBarryd999
Posted: 11 March 2019 11:23 AM
Subject: RE: Very Sad

Forum master

antony1969 - 2019-03-11 9:55 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-03-11 8:41 AM

antony1969 - 2019-03-11 4:34 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-03-10 10:26 PM

antony1969 - 2019-03-10 9:09 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-03-10 8:50 PM

yeah I said I think we should have em back to lock em up and make use of them not give them a house next to me. Our mess, our problem.

Ye but after you "make use of them" whatever that means your guna have to house em ... You'd be OK to have em next door wunt ya ??? ... Prolly stand out in your whites only village with them funny brown faces but you'd be quite happy they wouldnt pose a risk and welcome em in ???

Depends if you can de-radicalise them and maybe teach them the error of their ways but if someone is British and has no other citizenship its still our problem as you cannot make them stateless. How would you feel if say Iran say as an example suddenly decided to send some of its undesirables to the UK cos it didnt want them anymore?

Iran , Iraq , Afghanistan , Libya , Pakistan etc etc already have given us many "undesirables" though not to your village Barry ... So you want her back but it depends on wether she can be de-radicalised or seem to have been de-radicalised before you decide if you want her living next door to you ??? So while your deciding she has to live next door to someone in some community somewhere just not yours but you want her back ... Typical

I dont particularly want her back but we probably have no choice and if she is guilty of terrorism crimes she needs to face the music and get locked up. The authorities can use that time to gleam useful information as to how she was radicalised and attempt to de-radicalise her but she is still our problem. Plus had they flown her back straight away that baby may (or may not) have survived.

So she serves her time if any and comes out deradicalised or not to live next door to someone who doesn't want her ... You say we have to have her back and you want her but you dont want her living next door to you but its OK for someone else to have her ???

I dont think many people want her back, I dont particularly "want" her back. My point was we might "have" to have her back and others like her. As to where she lives I wouldnt want her living here but I never said it would be ok for someone else to have her either. If she chooses to come and live in Bottom Shagna there isnt much I could do about it is there?
userViolet1956
Posted: 11 March 2019 11:27 AM

The lawyer is probably acting for free Malc. High profile cases raise his public profile so there are obvious advantages if he works in the immigration field.

I also think it likely that the security problem makes it more difficult to cross these borders now that ISIS has been routed. She' been identified as an ISIS supporter. I've seen an article about disputes between refugees leading to violence in the camps because of known or suspected affiliation of some refugees to ISIS. We might not be so troubled about retribution but it remains a problem for the relief agencies.
userantony1969
Posted: 11 March 2019 12:38 PM

The special one

Barryd999 - 2019-03-11 11:23 AM

yeah I said I think we should have em back to lock em up and make use of them not give them a house next to me. Our mess, our problem.

Ye but after you "make use of them" whatever that means your guna have to house em ... You'd be OK to have em next door wunt ya ??? ... Prolly stand out in your whites only village with them funny brown faces but you'd be quite happy they wouldnt pose a risk and welcome em in ???

Depends if you can de-radicalise them and maybe teach them the error of their ways but if someone is British and has no other citizenship its still our problem as you cannot make them stateless. How would you feel if say Iran say as an example suddenly decided to send some of its undesirables to the UK cos it didnt want them anymore?

Iran , Iraq , Afghanistan , Libya , Pakistan etc etc already have given us many "undesirables" though not to your village Barry ... So you want her back but it depends on wether she can be de-radicalised or seem to have been de-radicalised before you decide if you want her living next door to you ??? So while your deciding she has to live next door to someone in some community somewhere just not yours but you want her back ... Typical

I dont particularly want her back but we probably have no choice and if she is guilty of terrorism crimes she needs to face the music and get locked up. The authorities can use that time to gleam useful information as to how she was radicalised and attempt to de-radicalise her but she is still our problem. Plus had they flown her back straight away that baby may (or may not) have survived.

So she serves her time if any and comes out deradicalised or not to live next door to someone who doesn't want her ... You say we have to have her back and you want her but you dont want her living next door to you but its OK for someone else to have her ???

I dont think many people want her back, I dont particularly "want" her back. My point was we might "have" to have her back and others like her. As to where she lives I wouldnt want her living here but I never said it would be ok for someone else to have her either. If she chooses to come and live in Bottom Shagna there isnt much I could do about it is there?

Hmmm well I know you've said she is our mess and we should clear it up ...Why is she our mess ??? Shes not my mess or the mess of anyone I know ... She chose a path to take and now wants to return to country she despises because her side lost ... Your giving the impression you want her back ... You say you dont "particularly"want her back which isn't a definite either way is it ... Your side stepping my question over wether youd be happy for her to live next door to ya
userBrian Kirby
Posted: 11 March 2019 12:55 PM

747 - 2019-03-10 12:37 PM
Brian Kirby - 2019-03-09 6:33 PM
But these are convenient assumptions, are they not?

It seems it was known by her school and by the police that she was being radicalised before she left the UK, but that somehow her parents remained in ignorance. How/why?

I think a link was previously posted on this forum that her Father was closely linked to Mosques and Imams associated with terrorism and radicalisation.

If she was radicalised, it was probably not done on the internet.

But equally, it seems her father lives in Bangladesh, so presumably was not in day-to-day contact with the girl. It might be helpful to know.
userBrian Kirby
Posted: 11 March 2019 1:17 PM

antony1969 - 2019-03-11 9:55 AM...…………...So she serves her time if any and comes out deradicalised or not to live next door to someone who doesn't want her ... You say we have to have her back and you want her but you dont want her living next door to you but its OK for someone else to have her ???

But what happens to any other criminal under our system, Antony? Even proven mass murders eventually get released from prison. I assume you would be equally unhappy having even a good old West Yorkshire mass murderer living next door to you? But, due to the anonymity given to them, you might well have a released West Yorkshire paedophile living unknown next door to you.

What is so special about this stupid kid? What, apart from actually going to Syria, is her crime?

Should Britain just cast her loose for someone else to deal with, or should we bring her (and the others) back to the country that issued their passports (and was lax enough to let them leave), take them into custody, interrogate them to gain what intelligence we can, and then set out to de-radicalise and re-integrate them - hopefully rather better than we presently achieve with most of the prison population?

There is an obvious risk in releasing any criminal, whether on parole, or following the full term of their sentence. That is how our system works. Should these stupid kids be treated differently? Shipman was sentenced to life with a recommendation that he never be released. If these people show no sign of re-habilitation, why should they be treated any differently to him - assuming their actual crimes can be adequately proved?
usermalc d
Posted: 11 March 2019 1:21 PM

Lord of the posts

Brian Kirby - 2019-03-11 12:55 PM

It seems it was known by her school and by the police that she was being radicalised before she left the UK, but that somehow her parents remained in ignorance. How/why?

I think a link was previously posted on this forum that her Father was closely linked to Mosques and Imams associated with terrorism and radicalisation.

But equally, it seems her father lives in Bangladesh, so presumably was not in day-to-day contact with the girl. It might be helpful to know.

Normally when British people go abroad and commit ( or are involved with ) crimes in other countries, we don't bring them back here to face our system of justice.

It's not clear to me why that is being considered this time, for Brits who went out to Syria.

userBarryd999
Posted: 11 March 2019 2:31 PM

Forum master

antony1969 - 2019-03-11 12:38 PM

Hmmm well I know you've said she is our mess and we should clear it up ...Why is she our mess ??? Shes not my mess or the mess of anyone I know ... She chose a path to take and now wants to return to country she despises because her side lost ... Your giving the impression you want her back ... You say you dont "particularly"want her back which isn't a definite either way is it ... Your side stepping my question over wether youd be happy for her to live next door to ya

She is our mess because she is British and so would have been her now dead baby. I dont want her back but I recognise that we probably are obliged to have her back to face the music hence the "particularly". I Thought I said I wouldnt be that happy to have her living next door. Brian sums it up better than me though, how the hell do you know who is living next door to you anyway? Maybe she could be taught the error of her ways and integrated into society, maybe not.
userViolet1956
Posted: 11 March 2019 3:03 PM

malc d - 2019-03-11 1:21 PM

Normally when British people go abroad and commit ( or are involved with ) crimes in other countries, we don't bring them back here to face our system of justice.

It's not clear to me why that is being considered this time, for Brits who went out to Syria.

I think it is because there are offences in UK law that cover supporting terrorism abroad and we have jurisdiction to deal with them in the UK Malc. If she had been convicted of any offences in a Syrian court then they have the right in principle to deport her. The problem is that her citizenship has been revoked. Syria is in such disarray that I doubt that their authorities would prioritise collecting up all ISIS brides in refugee camps, put them on trial, and then put them on a plane back to the UK or to the other countries from whence they came. They just stick to torturing and raping women they have caught and suspected of being involved with terrorists in filthy jails.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/assad-prisons-women-syria-female-inmate-treatment-conditions-exclusive-life-jails-a7899776.html
userantony1969
Posted: 11 March 2019 3:21 PM

The special one

Brian Kirby - 2019-03-11 1:17 PM

antony1969 - 2019-03-11 9:55 AM...…………...So she serves her time if any and comes out deradicalised or not to live next door to someone who doesn't want her ... You say we have to have her back and you want her but you dont want her living next door to you but its OK for someone else to have her ???

But what happens to any other criminal under our system, Antony? Even proven mass murders eventually get released from prison. I assume you would be equally unhappy having even a good old West Yorkshire mass murderer living next door to you? But, due to the anonymity given to them, you might well have a released West Yorkshire paedophile living unknown next door to you.

What is so special about this stupid kid? What, apart from actually going to Syria, is her crime?

Should Britain just cast her loose for someone else to deal with, or should we bring her (and the others) back to the country that issued their passports (and was lax enough to let them leave), take them into custody, interrogate them to gain what intelligence we can, and then set out to de-radicalise and re-integrate them - hopefully rather better than we presently achieve with most of the prison population?

There is an obvious risk in releasing any criminal, whether on parole, or following the full term of their sentence. That is how our system works. Should these stupid kids be treated differently? Shipman was sentenced to life with a recommendation that he never be released. If these people show no sign of re-habilitation, why should they be treated any differently to him - assuming their actual crimes can be adequately proved?

As far as we know she hasn't killed anyone or even assaulted anyone how are you going to keep her locked up indefinitely like Shipman who murdered God knows how many if she shows no sign of re-habilitation ??? What if she shows signs of supposed sorrow for what shes done as others do only then to re-offend , would you apologise to family members of anyone she might in the future slit the throat of ??? ... She is currently where she wanted to be in Syria so rot in Syria because while there she costs us nothing and poses no threat but if you want her back you must take responsibility if it goes t@ts up just like those like you say us Brexit types must take responsibility if team UK crashes ... Let her rot and those like her unless of course you want to put her up in leafy Sussex away from harm
userantony1969
Posted: 11 March 2019 3:27 PM

The special one

Barryd999 - 2019-03-11 2:31 PM

She is our mess because she is British and so would have been her now dead baby. I dont want her back but I recognise that we probably are obliged to have her back to face the music hence the "particularly". I Thought I said I wouldnt be that happy to have her living next door. Brian sums it up better than me though, how the hell do you know who is living next door to you anyway? Maybe she could be taught the error of her ways and integrated into society, maybe not.

Brilliant ... "maybe she can be taught the error of her ways and integrated into society , maybe not" ...Ye your right let's ship her back and take that risk ... After all it wont be Bottom Shagna that gets it ... As for integrating back into society have you seen the area shes from Barry if she goes back there ??? What is she integrating into , a community that does not integrate ... Good idea ... Mind in Barry world you say young female Muslims are becoming more westernized because you saw a Channel 4 programme
usermalc d
Posted: 11 March 2019 5:19 PM

Lord of the posts

Violet1956 - 2019-03-11 3:03 PM

I think it is because there are offences in UK law that cover supporting terrorism abroad and we have jurisdiction to deal with them in the UK Malc.

Any ' offence ' she may have committed in the U.K. pales into insignificance to the ' offences ' carried out in Syria by the cult she chose to join.

userBulletguy
Posted: 11 March 2019 5:38 PM

Legendary contributor

malc d - 2019-03-11 5:19 PM

Violet1956 - 2019-03-11 3:03 PM

I think it is because there are offences in UK law that cover supporting terrorism abroad and we have jurisdiction to deal with them in the UK Malc.

Any ' offence ' she may have committed in the U.K. pales into insignificance to the ' offences ' carried out in Syria by the cult she chose to join.

And what of the man who sanctioned this along with those who supported it?

https://www.armscontrol.org/blog/2018-09-26/what-you-need-know-about-chemical-weapons-use-syria
userBarryd999
Posted: 11 March 2019 6:12 PM

Forum master

antony1969 - 2019-03-11 3:27 PM

Brilliant ... "maybe she can be taught the error of her ways and integrated into society , maybe not" ...Ye your right let's ship her back and take that risk ... After all it wont be Bottom Shagna that gets it ... As for integrating back into society have you seen the area shes from Barry if she goes back there ??? What is she integrating into , a community that does not integrate ... Good idea ... Mind in Barry world you say young female Muslims are becoming more westernized because you saw a Channel 4 programme

Well if Syria will keep her then she can stay there then but she has to belong somewhere thats all I am saying and currently her only citizenship is British. Rabid Javid reacted without there being a recognised legal state for her to belong to or that would accept her so all I am saying is it will likely come back and bite him on the arse. You cannot make someone stateless. He needs to get his ducks in a row because she wont be the last.
userjumpstart
Posted: 11 March 2019 6:52 PM

Keeps coming back for more

Interestingly Ireland he’s just agreed to take back one of their female Isil simpathisers from Syria.
userantony1969
Posted: 11 March 2019 7:17 PM

The special one

Barryd999 - 2019-03-11 6:12 PM

Well if Syria will keep her then she can stay there then but she has to belong somewhere thats all I am saying and currently her only citizenship is British. Rabid Javid reacted without there being a recognised legal state for her to belong to or that would accept her so all I am saying is it will likely come back and bite him on the arse. You cannot make someone stateless. He needs to get his ducks in a row because she wont be the last.

Shouldn't be a problem for her Barry ... His Holiness says Muslim countries should take the terrorist supporter in ... 50 countries or so to choose from to be hero worshipped in ... Crack on ... Mr Javid by the way has acted on what the majority in the country want ... https://news.sky.com/story/senior-muslim-leader-muslim-country-should-adopt-is-bride-shamima-begum-11660361

Edited by antony1969 2019-03-11 7:17 PM
user747
Posted: 11 March 2019 7:43 PM

Epic contributor

Your information regarding her Fathers whereabouts is at odds with what was said on this forum recently. One report is obviously wrong then.
userBarryd999
Posted: 12 March 2019 11:07 AM

Forum master

antony1969 - 2019-03-11 7:17 PM

Shouldn't be a problem for her Barry ... His Holiness says Muslim countries should take the terrorist supporter in ... 50 countries or so to choose from to be hero worshipped in ... Crack on ... Mr Javid by the way has acted on what the majority in the country want ... https://news.sky.com/story/senior-muslim-leader-muslim-country-should-adopt-is-bride-shamima-begum-11660361

Is that how it works now? Ministers simply carry out what the majority of the public wants and sod due process or legalities. Its not worked out so well so far with Brexit has it? What next? Public flogging and hanging because Brenda from Bristol thinks it will be fun?
userantony1969
Posted: 12 March 2019 11:20 AM

The special one

Barryd999 - 2019-03-12 11:07 AM

Is that how it works now? Ministers simply carry out what the majority of the public wants and sod due process or legalities. Its not worked out so well so far with Brexit has it? What next? Public flogging and hanging because Brenda from Bristol thinks it will be fun?

Given you want ministers to do what the minority of Brexit voters voted for I'd say your a tad confused
userBarryd999
Posted: 12 March 2019 11:57 AM

Forum master

antony1969 - 2019-03-12 11:20 AM

Given you want ministers to do what the minority of Brexit voters voted for I'd say your a tad confused

Not confused at all. We shall see if it comes back and bites Javid on the arse but it seems to me he has acted illegally and if he has done that just to gain public support just like Brexit it will backfire on him when he cannot deliver.
userantony1969
Posted: 12 March 2019 12:26 PM

The special one

Barryd999 - 2019-03-12 11:57 AM

antony1969 - 2019-03-12 11:20 AM

Not confused at all. We shall see if it comes back and bites Javid on the arse but it seems to me he has acted illegally and if he has done that just to gain public support just like Brexit it will backfire on him when he cannot deliver.

It seems to you he has acted illegally ... He has right to exclude anyone involved in terrorism and if he believes their presence would not be good for the safety of British public ... Do you somehow believe that this women after saying what she's said about beheadings , the Manchester bombings , having no regrets in going to Syria etc etc is not a danger to the British public ???
userViolet1956
Posted: 12 March 2019 12:53 PM

It is not clear that the deprivation of citizenship in her case was unlawful. She has a right of appeal and it is for the courts to decide the legality of it if she exercises that right. How it may turn out cannot really be established because there are insufficient facts contained within the press reports to take a view one way or another.

userantony1969
Posted: 12 March 2019 5:01 PM

The special one

Violet1956 - 2019-03-12 12:53 PM

It is not clear that the deprivation of citizenship in her case was unlawful. She has a right of appeal and it is for the courts to decide the legality of it if she exercises that right. How it may turn out cannot really be established because there are insufficient facts contained within the press reports to take a view one way or another.

Nope ... Barry has told us whats been done is illegal ... Good enough for me
userBrian Kirby
Posted: 12 March 2019 6:37 PM

malc d - 2019-03-11 1:21 PM...……………….It's not clear to me why that is being considered this time, for Brits who went out to Syria.

Mainly, I would imagine, because Syria presently has no functioning government, no functioning legal system, and no functioning detention system, so there is zero prospect of any of these people properly arrested, charged, tried or sentenced in Syria. In addition, the area the camps are in is Kurdish held territory, and the camps are operated by the Kurds, who have no legal status whatever in Syria. In short, there is no one competent to try them.
userpelmetman
Posted: 12 March 2019 6:42 PM

Walks with the gods

Brian Kirby - 2019-03-12 6:37 PM

malc d - 2019-03-11 1:21 PM...……………….It's not clear to me why that is being considered this time, for Brits who went out to Syria.

Mainly, I would imagine, because Syria presently has no functioning government, no functioning legal system, and no functioning detention system, so there is zero prospect of any of these people properly arrested, charged, tried or sentenced in Syria. In addition, the area the camps are in is Kurdish held territory, and the camps are operated by the Kurds, who have no legal status whatever in Syria. In short, there is no one competent to try them.

So what? ..........

userBrian Kirby
Posted: 12 March 2019 6:51 PM

antony1969 - 2019-03-11 3:21 PM...…………..As far as we know she hasn't killed anyone or even assaulted anyone how are you going to keep her locked up indefinitely like Shipman who murdered God knows how many if she shows no sign of re-habilitation ??? …………………...

Control orders under the Prevention of Terrorism Act 2005, "glorifying terrorism" under the Terrorism Act 2006, to name but two.

There is a great raft of statute anti-terrorism legislation - see here: http://tinyurl.com/y2zzf6k2 and fill yer boots. If no current statute fits the bill, emergency legislation could be passed to suit the circumstances, which don't seem to have been specifically legislated for previously.

Or, of course, we could have a word with your mate Trump, and have them rendered to Guantanamo instead! Did I really say that?
userpelmetman
Posted: 12 March 2019 7:00 PM

Walks with the gods

Brian Kirby - 2019-03-12 6:51 PM

antony1969 - 2019-03-11 3:21 PM...…………..As far as we know she hasn't killed anyone or even assaulted anyone how are you going to keep her locked up indefinitely like Shipman who murdered God knows how many if she shows no sign of re-habilitation ??? …………………...

Control orders under the Prevention of Terrorism Act 2005, "glorifying terrorism" under the Terrorism Act 2006, to name but two.

There is a great raft of statute anti-terrorism legislation - see here: http://tinyurl.com/y2zzf6k2 and fill yer boots. If no current statute fits the bill, emergency legislation could be passed to suit the circumstances, which don't seem to have been specifically legislated for previously.

Or, of course, we could have a word with your mate Trump, and have them rendered to Guantanamo instead! Did I really say that?

More blah blah blah Brian ..........

If the cost of her return and on going costs of keeping an eye on her, along with her benefit bill was met by you bleedin hearts then I prolly wouldn't be that bothered .............

userantony1969
Posted: 12 March 2019 7:08 PM

The special one

Brian Kirby - 2019-03-12 6:51 PM

Or we could just leave her to rot in the place she in her own words doesnt regret running off to ... Win- win for team UK ... No cost and no chance of her carrying out a terrorist attack in Blighty , surely we can all be happy at that ???
userBrian Kirby
Posted: 13 March 2019 12:03 PM

antony1969 - 2019-03-12 7:08 PM...…………….. and no chance of her carrying out a terrorist attack in Blighty , surely we can all be happy at that ???

How could you be sure of that? I assume you have heard the term "useful idiot"?
userjumpstart
Posted: 13 March 2019 5:57 PM

Keeps coming back for more

There’s a lot more than one of them over there.
userantony1969
Posted: 13 March 2019 6:18 PM

The special one

Brian Kirby - 2019-03-13 12:03 PM

antony1969 - 2019-03-12 7:08 PM...…………….. and no chance of her carrying out a terrorist attack in Blighty , surely we can all be happy at that ???

How could you be sure of that? I assume you have heard the term "useful idiot"?

Well if she can carry out a UK attack while not actually being in the UK that only strengthens my point ... Keep her out , she'd do far more damage if here
Jump to page : FirstPrevious 1 2 3 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator