Vote Liberal

jumpstart

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long before we hear the Libdem war cry - "Go back to your constituencies and prepare for Government". :D

They benefitted from a lot of protest votes in Local Elections and now they expect to be running the Country shortly. They are a bunch of nonentities that have no idea how to run a Pub, never mind a Country. 8-)

The ego and arrogance of elected MP is unbelievable. *-)

Guest pelmetman

The competition between Cluck Cluck Corbyn & Oh No Joe is hotting up ;-) ..........

For second place behind the Tories (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

747 - 2019-09-18 8:28 AM

How long before we hear the Libdem war cry - "Go back to your constituencies and prepare for Government". :D

They benefitted from a lot of protest votes in Local Elections and now they expect to be running the Country shortly. They are a bunch of nonentities that have no idea how to run a Pub, never mind a Country. 8-)

The ego and arrogance of elected MP is unbelievable. *-)

You say that but many are fed up with the Tories and Labour. Both of them IMO need to head back towards the centre ground. Who would you vote for now? I bet you wont vote Tory and I cant see you voting for Corbyn.

I doubt the LibDems could come close to winning an election outright but unless something gives nobody will.

They were not a party I have ever voted for either but the political landscape is changing. I was (Still am I guess) a moderate Tory voter. Where are all the moderate Tory politicians going to end up and where are all the moderate centre left Labour politicians going to end up? The LibDems. They are being forced out of their current parties because they are no longer moderate. People need to forget their stance and traditional voting persuasion and consider which party now suits their real values. Its what these parties stand for now and in the future now they have morphed into something else not what they stood for before the country went all extremist.

jumpstart - 2019-09-18 5:23 PM

There’s a lot of moderates in the Liberal party who don’t want to revoke article 50.. According to the conference anyone who voted to leave is selfish,irresponsible and a radical. So that covers half of their party as well.

Strange isn't it. :D

Anyone else (except LibDems) who voted Leave is a Far Right, Racist little Englander. The Libdem mildness is still showing through. :D

The insults have been used so much (by Remainers) for the last 3 years that I don't even notice them now. They made me very angry at first and I have fallen out with former online friends (motorhomers) over Brexit. But hey ho, life moves on and I am better off without 'friends' like that. :-D

747 - 2019-09-19 9:17 AM

There’s a lot of moderates in the Liberal party who don’t want to revoke article 50.. According to the conference anyone who voted to leave is selfish,irresponsible and a radical. So that covers half of their party as well.

Anyone else (except LibDems) who voted Leave is a Far Right, Racist little Englander. The Libdem mildness is still showing through. :D

The insults have been used so much (by Remainers) for the last 3 years that I don't even notice them now. They made me very angry at first and I have fallen out with former online friends (motorhomers) over Brexit. But hey ho, life moves on and I am better off without 'friends' like that. :-D

Whaddaya mean they made me very angry at first? They are still making you angry!! (lol)

Stop playing the poor innocent victim. Boo Hoo! those nasty remainers picked on me! Fanny.

I think you Brexiteers are taking it all too seriously. I think its cuts both ways dont it? Look at some of the stuff Ive had to put up with! 8-)

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-09-19 9:27 AM

Look at some of the stuff Ive had to put up with! 8-)

Yeah but.........You've had to put up with that kinda stuff since you were born :D .......

But don't worry...... I'm sure you'll still be a target after Brexit ;-)

You forgot to mention the constant jeering and insults from Brexiteers which began from day one...."Remoaners", "losers", "we won, get over it" etc. And let's not forget Jo Cox MP murdered by a far right nutjob in the run up to the referendum and the vile tweets posted by extremists claiming it as a "false flag" which was beneath contempt. But that was an indication of how the referendum outcome had emboldened the far right nutjobs.

As to the racism, that's well documented as the police recorded a rapid rise in race hate crime post referendum. Watching a police documentary the other night a black traffic patrol officer told how he'd always experienced some racism, but very little. Then he went on to say, "that all changed three years ago and now it's every single shift". Racist thugs telling him to "go back home N***er" (he was born in Yorkshire *-) ). He'd voted Brexit but i doubt that would register with them.

Bulletguy - 2019-09-19 9:55 PM

You forgot to mention the constant jeering and insults from Brexiteers which began from day one...."Remoaners", "losers", "we won, get over it" etc. And let's not forget Jo Cox MP murdered by a far right nutjob in the run up to the referendum and the vile tweets posted by extremists claiming it as a "false flag" which was beneath contempt. But that was an indication of how the referendum outcome had emboldened the far right nutjobs.

As to the racism, that's well documented as the police recorded a rapid rise in race hate crime post referendum. Watching a police documentary the other night a black traffic patrol officer told how he'd always experienced some racism, but very little. Then he went on to say, "that all changed three years ago and now it's every single shift". Racist thugs telling him to "go back home N***er" (he was born in Yorkshire *-) ). He'd voted Brexit but i doubt that would register with them.

I have not used those remarks to every one who voted to remain. Only an ignorant fool would assume that everyone who voted Leave is racist or anti immigration. It shows a lack of intelligence and commonsense. If anyone is dangerous it is yourself with your constant whining and the number of anti Brexit threads you start. Not to mention the character assassination of anyone you do not like. You do nothing else but stir up trouble like a Barrack Room Lawyer. You should be ashamed of yourself and the trouble you cause on this forum. You would never say any of it in a face to face conversation because someone would put you on your back very quickly, yet you believe it is OK to insult your fellow citizens on the internet. I find you a shallow, ignorant man, completely worthless.

747 - 2019-09-19 10:50 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-09-19 9:55 PM

I have not used those remarks to every one who voted to remain. Only an ignorant fool would assume that everyone who voted Leave is racist or anti immigration. It shows a lack of intelligence and commonsense. If anyone is dangerous it is yourself with your constant whining and the number of anti Brexit threads you start. Not to mention the character assassination of anyone you do not like. You do nothing else but stir up trouble like a Barrack Room Lawyer. You should be ashamed of yourself and the trouble you cause on this forum. You would never say any of it in a face to face conversation because someone would put you on your back very quickly, yet you believe it is OK to insult your fellow citizens on the internet. I find you a shallow, ignorant man, completely worthless.

I never said you personally had but the points i mentioned re. Brexiteers are well known and indisputable. Having just looked at the first page i found three threads of which i was the op so hardly "dangerous", all on reported fact, against the proliferation of pro-Brexit threads you conveniently ignored.....and as for 'character assassination' there's one whose done nothing but that ever since he came storming into the forum like a raging bull in a china shop, but of course that's 'ok' in your book as he's a Brexiteer. Barrack room lawyer sums him up nicely though i imagine he'd puff his chest out and swagger even more at that.

If you read back through my post you replied to you'd see nowhere did i make any personal insults toward you yet on replying that's precisely what you've done. And then you wonder why Remainers fight back.

....Not to mention the character assassination of anyone you do not like. You do nothing else but stir up trouble like a Barrack Room Lawyer. You should be ashamed of yourself and the trouble you cause on this forum. You would never say any of it in a face to face conversation because someone would put you on your back very quickly, yet you believe it is OK to insult your fellow citizens on the internet. I find you a shallow, ignorant man, completely worthless.

But in fairness, irrespective of their political stance, that criticism could be levelled at any number of the "residents" here...(lol)

Silly, frustrated old men eh!.. you can't help but laugh at em! (lol)

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2019-09-20 8:46 AM

....Not to mention the character assassination of anyone you do not like. You do nothing else but stir up trouble like a Barrack Room Lawyer. You should be ashamed of yourself and the trouble you cause on this forum. You would never say any of it in a face to face conversation because someone would put you on your back very quickly, yet you believe it is OK to insult your fellow citizens on the internet. I find you a shallow, ignorant man, completely worthless.

But in fairness, irrespective of their political stance, that criticism could be levelled at any number of the "residents" here...(lol)

Silly, frustrated old men eh!.. you can't help but laugh at em! (lol)

Pop Up Pepe.......

Pops Up......

Has a Pop......

Then Pops Off :D ...........

You can't help but laugh at him! (lol) ..........

Pop Up Pepe.......

Pops Up......

Has a Pop......

Then Pops Off ...........

You can't help but laugh at him! ..........

:D I like that Dave .... very funny.

Although what he says is true, unfortunately. ;-)

If pricking the pompous and winding up the more moronic element puts me into that category then I plead guilty as charged. :D

747 - 2019-09-20 12:44 PM

Pop Up Pepe.......

Pops Up......

Has a Pop......

If pricking the pompous and winding up the more moronic element puts me into that category then I plead guilty as charged. :D

Your not a fan of FunnyJohn either then eh? (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-09-20 1:27 PM

Pop Up Pepe.......

Pops Up......

Has a Pop......

Funny?........It seems to me it's the "anti democratic" Remoaners/liberals who have reached the summit of Hypocrite hill >:-) ........

They have already said they'd ignore a Leave vote Win if there's another referendum........Staggering hypocrisy *-) ...........

pelmetman - 2019-09-20 1:33 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-09-20 1:27 PM

Pop Up Pepe.......

Pops Up......

Has a Pop......

Funny?........It seems to me it's the "anti democratic" Remoaners/liberals who have reached the summit of Hypocrite hill >:-) ........

They have already said they'd ignore a Leave vote Win if there's another referendum........Staggering hypocrisy *-) ...........

Thats not what they have said is it? They will revoke article 50 if they win outright power in a general election. Well thats fine as it will be in their manifesto so if elected it means more than half of the UK no longer want Brexit. Democracy. They have as much chance of course of winning a GE outright as I have of winning the X factor so on that basis their position is a Peoples Vote.

This issue won’t get resolved unless politicians stop behaving in the same way as you lot, deeply divided across the gulf of in or out. Let’s not forget that the referendum result was only just a “win” for one side, so a reasonable way ahead would have been leave but still with close trading links such as staying in the customs union, thus avoiding the Ireland border problem, and we could all get on with normal life. Even if the Liberal Democrats win the general election, it will probably be with only 30% or so of the electorate, as is usual in our system on voting, so plenty of scope there for arguing that they don’t have the rights to overturn the referendum result. But good luck to them anyway for standing up clearly stating what they believe in, better than the vagueness of the Labour Party or the Tories led by the blond buffoon who has yet to come up with any concrete proposals, because he hasn’t got any.

Archived