WHY

ROON

Why when I am travelling somewhere that takes - say 3 hours - does it only take me two and a quarter hours coming home when I am travelling at the same speed? This even seems to happen on short journeys and has been a phenomena for years .... Is it something to do with the direction world is turning in ... nope as I typed that I thought that's a daft thing to say, oh dear rambling with my lips again..... back to original question please 8-) forget the last bit :$

You probably stop for a cuppa on the way out, but just want to get home on the way back. Don't know really, it's the same as when you drive down a narrow lane for the first time, it's a long way but when you turn around and go back it isn't half as far. Probably to do with the last bit.

Oi, don't call my mate a clever dicky...... she has a good point there. The only alternative I guess is to turn the map upside down, Janine so we are always goingin the fastest direction .... Mick you can have a cuppa tea wiv us but Howie, you bin naughty... :-S

J9withdogs - 2008-08-01 3:24 PM

It worked for me last year when I drove to Scotland - it took for ever to get there, but was a doddle driving back!

Don't know how it happens but it happens that way every time we go somewhere always get back quicker than going strange.

Guest Tracker

It's because the elastic that blondes need to tie to the back of their vehicles in order to help find their way home holds them back when going, but helps them return home - but only if you untie it from the rear bumper and retie it to the front bumper before starting back home!

For us males the two journeys take identical times as we can multi task just enough to read a map AND drive a van simultaneously.

I thought everyone knew that?

Guest Tracker
J9withdogs - 2008-08-01 7:59 PM

Tracker - 2008-08-01 6:55 PM

For us males the two journeys take identical times as we can multi task just enough to read a map AND drive a van simultaneously.

I thought everyone knew that?

Yeah, yeah, yeah - like we really believe that :D :D :D

Oooops! Touch a raw nerve did I Janine - sorry!

Another WHY.

When you are sitting in a traffic jam on a motorway and only move a few yards every five minutes, why do they switch on those signs which tell you it's a 50 mile per hour limit ?

Is it just to wind you up ?

(Maybe just one of the perks of a traffic controllers job ).

:-( :-(

BGD - 2008-08-03 11:09 PM Roon - it's because the planet is spinning. Much quicker to get to your destination if you are travelling west-to-east, than east-to-west.

Absolutely right....

For the same reason, if you fly from the UK to OZ or New Zealand, you're always advised to travel out via Singapore, Hong Kong or Bangkok and return via Los Angelos - also reduces the jet lag.

Once left Sydney on a Sunday morning at 10.0am and after a 13 hour flight arrived in Los Angelos at 9.0am the same morning - weird....

ROON - 2008-08-04 12:04 PM

That's a brill idea Malc.... why don't you patent it for planes too .... take off, hover and then land.... when you are rich don't forget who was the incentive behind your idea :-D Moi

O.K. Roon, I won't forget about your part.

But I should warn you that I have not completely perfected the idea yet.

;-)

ROON - 2008-08-04 5:04 PM

Malc, when you do, don't go to Dragons Den with it..... :'(

Oh, my gosh, did you watch it last night? They scared the life outa ME. 8-)

A lot of TV programs are going the same way now.

I saw the trailer to a cookery program ( yes, yet another one !) where amateurs cook a meal and they are judged by 'experts' who are rude to them.

Ever since the producers of the pop talent programs found that people like to see others put down, they are all following the same format.

Very original ( yawn )

:-( :-(

Tomo3090 - 2008-08-04 10:28 AM

WHY do sat Navs have a "Home" setting? Don't people know where they live?! :-D

Does come in handy sometimes Tomo, especially after setting a destination into, say, a city address. One touch then gets you back out and on the way home.

Guest Tracker
Never leave your home address on your sat nav because if it is stolen the thieves will know where you live and that you ain't at home.

Archived