Waitrose selling Aldi labelled veg

John52

Guest pelmetman

Dunno how to break this to you 8-) .........

Iceland here in Spain stock Waitrose products ;-) .........

Best ring your quack in the morning and demand therapy >:-) ..........

You deffo need it (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

P1010899.JPG.530ab8c17001ae2e05b83457710a0591.JPG

There was a program on TV the other day about Waitrose and M&S and they reckoned having a Waitrose in your locale boosted your house price by around £40K! (lol) Or summat like that. Christ knows why, its sh1t. Just goes to show how stupid people are. I think M&S and Waitrose used to stock half decent stuff but you can get the same quality in Sainsburys or even Tesco now. Its purely a snob factor. If you want a really good supermarket try the Booths chain oooop Norf. Makes Waitrose look like Aldi.

Barryd999 - 2019-11-24 9:11 AM

There was a program on TV the other day about Waitrose and M&S and they reckoned having a Waitrose in your locale boosted your house price by around £40K! (lol) Or summat like that. Christ knows why, its sh1t. Just goes to show how stupid people are. I think M&S and Waitrose used to stock half decent stuff but you can get the same quality in Sainsburys or even Tesco now. Its purely a snob factor. If you want a really good supermarket try the Booths chain oooop Norf. Makes Waitrose look like Aldi.

Aldi fillet steaks have just been voted best in the world !!! ... Used to get all our meat from local farm shop but the quality was no better and double the price ... Booths is an overpriced Sainsburys , dont use em

Birdbrain - 2019-11-24 9:29 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-11-24 9:11 AM

Aldi fillet steaks have just been voted best in the world !!! ... Used to get all our meat from local farm shop but the quality was no better and double the price ... Booths is an overpriced Sainsburys , dont use em

Good cheese counter though in Booths. Aldi cheese is made of Play Dough. We have a massive farm shop up here a couple of miles up the road. Total overpriced crap yet its stacked out every day because it looks nice and all countryfied.

Barryd999 - 2019-11-24 10:33 AM

We have a massive farm shop up here a couple of miles up the road.

Total overpriced crap yet its stacked out every day because it looks nice and all countryfied.

I would recommend all shops to rebrand as ' farm shops ' - even newsagents.

Always a good marketing ploy.

;-)

Funny story. I tried to become a vegetarian once. I lasted about a week. I went off sailing with a pal on his boat. We were out three days and the dozy sod had forgot to bring on board any provisions. All we had was half a dozen tins of custard and oddly a case of Lindisfarne Mead. On the final day we moored at a village and across the road was a butchers with a tray of steaming hot Pork Pies. We bought the lot. Nothing, nothing ever has ever tasted so good. I cant even look at a bottle of Lindisfarne Mead though now without retching. Achhhh. Disgusting.

I used to like cheese too until I saw it made.

Sometimes you get a hint of vomit in the taste - because thats exactly what it is.

Rancid milk fermented with rennet - juices taken from a calf's stomach which separates the liquids from the solids to make cheese :$

But then I suppose you would be put off eating anything if you thought about it too much...

John52 - 2019-11-24 12:12 PM

I used to like cheese too until I saw it made.

Sometimes you get a hint of vomit in the taste - because thats exactly what it is.

Rancid milk fermented with rennet - juices taken from a calf's stomach which separates the liquids from the solids to make cheese :$

But then I suppose you would be put off eating anything if you thought about it too much...

Don’t .....you’re make my mouth water. I had some Westcombe unpasteurised Cheddar last night yummmmm.

I shop at both Aldi and Morrisons and some items are identical....apart from price. Morrisons Gold instant coffee is £3 for a 200g jar. Aldi sells the identical coffee for £1.89 branded as Alcafe Gold Roast. What this couple spotted should really have been picked up by Waitroses shelf stackers. It's pretty hard to miss!

It would never go through the checkout as the bar codes for the stores won’t be the same.

If you look at most of the stores they all have cheaper and more expensive items, this is so a shopper who buys everything in one store will get a range of prices. If you have time to shop around you can then hoover up just the least pricy items. It’s a conspiracy.

jumpstart - 2019-11-24 2:53 PM

If you look at most of the stores they all have cheaper and more expensive items, this is so a shopper who buys everything in one store will get a range of prices. If you have time to shop around you can then hoover up just the least pricy items.

It’s a conspiracy.

Surely all marketing is a conspiracy to sell stuff.

Every advert is a conspiracy to sell stuff.

Some people realise that - many ( most ? ) don't.

Fortunately , where we spend our money, and what on, is optional.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-11-24 7:02 PM

jumpstart - 2019-11-24 2:53 PM

It would never go through the checkout as the bar codes for the stores won’t be the same.

This had got both Waitrose and Aldi labels on

I once did temping work in a Bread factory in Gosport on the loaf bagging machine ;-) .........

The bread never changed........but the bags did :D .........

Bulletguy - 2019-11-24 2:06 PM

I shop at both Aldi and Morrisons and some items are identical....apart from price. Morrisons Gold instant coffee is £3 for a 200g jar. Aldi sells the identical coffee for £1.89 branded as Alcafe Gold Roast. What this couple spotted should really have been picked up by Waitroses shelf stackers. It's pretty hard to miss!

I used to get everything from Morrisons and still get their own brand wholemeal bread and freeze it because I have never found better.

But since a new Lidl opened I get everything else there and like it better. Recommend Diplomat gold tea bags and I like Lidl cornflakes better than the brand leader because they have no added sugar. Never ate cornflakes till I tried the Lidl ones now eat them every day. B-)

John52 - 2019-11-25 8:52 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-11-24 2:06 PM

I used to get everything from Morrisons and still get their own brand wholemeal bread and freeze it because I have never found better.

But since a new Lidl opened I get everything else there and like it better. Recommend Diplomat gold tea bags and I like Lidl cornflakes better than the brand leader because they have no added sugar. Never ate cornflakes till I tried the Lidl ones now eat them every day. B-)

We do get nuts and other things from Lidl but veg goes off very quickly compared to Waitrose.

Archived