Was Henry V. a visionary.

Mick H.

Guest Tracker
Mick H. - 2007-12-02 10:37 PM

Was Henry V a visionary because in a famous speech of his he said:-For God and Harry for England. With that kind of support what chance have the F.A got.

Mick H.

Certainly the FA seem to have the right initials?

Tracker - 2007-12-03 9:39 AM

Was Henry V a visionary because in a famous speech of his he said:-For God and Harry for England. With that kind of support what chance have the F.A got.

Mick H.

You're not suggesting H.R. Gordon brown as manager,are you.

Mick H.

Guest Tracker
Mick H. - 2007-12-03 10:47 AM

Tracker - 2007-12-03 9:39 AM

Mick H.

You're not suggesting H.R. Gordon brown as manager,are you.

Mick H.

I doubt Grasping Gordon (aka Mr Bean) could manage anything these days - especially the truth or even a genuine smile!

howie - 2007-12-03 12:12 PM Records show that the game of football was played during the reign of Henry V. Not as we know it today of course, with anything from kicking, gouging, punching and spitting allowed. Bit like Leeds Utd. I suppose.

Howie, that's unfair.

You're not suggesting that Billy Bremner, Norman Hunter, Johnny Giles, Eddie Gray etc, etc, set out under Revies instructions to harm the opposing players? 

Bazza454 - 2007-12-03 2:05 PM
howie - 2007-12-03 12:12 PM Records show that the game of football was played during the reign of Henry V. Not as we know it today of course, with anything from kicking, gouging, punching and spitting allowed. Bit like Leeds Utd. I suppose.

Howie, that's unfair.

You're not suggesting that Billy Bremner, Norman Hunter, Johnny Giles, Eddie Gray etc, etc, set out under Revies instructions to harm the opposing players?

is that the Norm 'bite your legs' Hunter - such a sweet fella particularly when facing Frannie 'gold medal diver' Leedifficult to decide who was at fault :-> :-> :-> B-) B-)

howie - 2007-12-03 12:12 PM

Records show that the game of football was played during the reign of Henry V. Not as we know it today of course, with anything from kicking, gouging, punching and spitting allowed. Bit like Leeds Utd. I suppose.

Perhaps thats why he suggested Harry for the job. Knew he would tidy the game up.

Mick H.

1972242748_harryfor.jpg.4f85323b826b58c53ecd67cc7af0e952.jpg

Archived