Waste 2 - Meanwhile in the New Forest!

CliveH

Ref:-

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=16273&posts=3

Understand your frustration Tracker, but for once we in the New Forest are celebrating a small victory.

An anonymous letter from a New Forest Park Authority (NFPA) employee setting out the bad management practices and how the head of the NFPA (itself an unelected body) rides roughshod over the views and rights of residents, was published a while back.

Rather than answer the valid points and justify her stance and behaviour, the head of the NFPA has resigned:-

NFNPA Chief Executive resigns

Written by New Forest Community Media

Thursday, 25 June 2009

Lindsay Cornish, the Chief Executive of the New Forest National Park Authority, has resigned.

She stepped down at the Authority's annual meeting, held at the Forest Lodge Hotel in Lyndhurst, after an anonymous letter came to light recently – questioning the head's management style.

Tina Cant, from lobby group Forest Uprising, gave her reaction to The Park's Keith Jay after the story broke:

"On a human level, obviously, we're saddened that anyone feels the need to terminate their job role in this way.

"Realistically - from a point of view of the future of the Forest - hopefully this can signal the start of something new, more open and fair-minded in the approach that the New Forest National Park [Authority] has.

"Ultimately, for the good of the Forest, I have to say ... a positive thing."

The resignation came before representatives from local pressure groups had the opportunity to raise the issue of the letter that criticised the Chief Executive.

Tina added that the news will not directly affect Forest Uprising's campaign adding:

"We always go forward with cautious but cynical optimism. I don't expect to see any dramatic changes in the short-term in the way we engage with the National Park Authority.

"Possibly, going forwards, they may be more amenable and open-minded ... it remains to be seen."

I would like to think that the recent dramatic evidence of "people power" re MP's expenses and our disquiet over the Banks and how they are regulated, as well as the enormous local effort here by the likes of

Tina Cant of "Forest Uprising" and all of its supporters (and I am one of them!) heralds a new start for all of us and a warning shot across the bows of any agency that tries bully-boy tactics to get its own way.

The critiscm of the NFPA is valid and widespread. Such is the anger in the NF that we now have several groups all aligned together in mutual support.

Just goes to show what can be achieved.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8119128.stm

http://www.thenewforest.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=521&Itemid=161

Archived