We Are British Jews

Bulletguy

Violet1956 - 2018-09-04 10:57 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-09-04 10:38 PM

An interesting two part documentary started on BBC2 tonight. Available on iplayer for anyone who missed the opening episode.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bjj191

Just watched it. Really interested in how they get on in Jerusalem.

Already wide differences of opinion among the group so will also be interesting to see how certain ones approach the meeting of Palestinians too! I suspect a confrontation between Lily and Damon which already appears to be looming.

Violet1956 - 2018-09-05 5:02 PM

What I liked about the programme is that once again it showed how wrong it is to hold that any group whether defined by race, religion or nationality are of one mind.

Tell Jeremy that when he slammed them all ... "British Zionists have no sense of English irony" he said while giving a speech alongside his "friends" Hamas Islamic extremists ... Hes just defined a whole group as something hasn't he ???

antony1969 - 2018-09-05 5:43 PM

What I liked about the programme is that once again it showed how wrong it is to hold that any group whether defined by race, religion or nationality are of one mind.

Tell Jeremy that when he slammed them all ... "British Zionists have no sense of English irony" he said while giving a speech alongside his "friends" Hamas Islamic extremists ... Hes just defined a whole group as something hasn't he ???

Can all Jews in the UK be described as British Zionists?

Violet1956 - 2018-09-05 5:57 PM

I didn't say they were ... Jeremy said British Zionists who are a "group" as you say in your previous post and he says all of that "group" doesnt get English irony ... Isnt that labelling a whole group of folk ???

antony1969 - 2018-09-05 6:03 PM

I didn't say they were ... Jeremy said British Zionists who are a "group" as you say in your previous post and he says all of that "group" doesnt get English irony ... Isnt that labelling a whole group of folk ???

But it is not a statement about Jews as a whole Antony. I do not intend to convey that I agree with his statement but as I see it the statement was not anti-Semitic.

Violet1956 - 2018-09-05 6:07 PM

But it is not a statement about Jews as a whole Antony. I do not intend to convey that I agree with his statement but as I see it the statement was not anti-Semitic.

Its a statement about British Zionists and British Jews overwhelmingly are pro-israel and Zionists ... Thats not really the point I was making though ... You said that any group shouldn't be classed as one mind ... British Zionists are a group that Jeremy has labelled as one mind as in not getting English irony

antony1969 - 2018-09-05 6:13 PM

Its a statement about British Zionists and British Jews overwhelmingly are pro-israel and Zionists ... Thats not really the point I was making though ... You said that any group shouldn't be classed as one mind ... British Zionists are a group that Jeremy has labelled as one mind as in not getting English irony

Then why only just now raise the point about a sentence uttered five years ago? There's more than an irony in that alone never mind anything else!

Bulletguy - 2018-09-05 6:35 PM

antony1969 - 2018-09-05 6:13 PM

Then why only just now raise the point about a sentence uttered five years ago? There's more than an irony in that alone never mind anything else!

Maybe because according to Barry he'll be our PM before Brexit so maybe its better to see what a racist he is surely ... Lordy

Alan (the old guy) doesn't pray, not devoted, and enjoys eating pork. Not unlike some Muslims then who not only eat pork, they hunt wild boar in Turkey for a roast!

The meeting with the Palestinian activist campaigning for non-violent resistance yet been arrested over the years by both Israeli and Palestinian authorities, spoke sense and told some harsh truths about the disparities. Pity Damon chose to ignore by abruptly walking out in a huff....didn't like it so his answer is shut dialogue down.

The Israeli man who introduced the guy alongside him as "this Palestinian terrorist"....then went on to say how "he's my dearest 'brother' and in so many way's the closest person to me on earth", both gave very powerful testimony to how an Israeli Jew and Palestinian Arab can live in peace. Both had suffered losses, yet chose to come together as 'brothers' rather than wallow in a sea of perpetual hate and loathing.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-09-05 10:59 PM

The meeting with the Palestinian activist campaigning for non-violent resistance yet been arrested over the years by both Israeli and Palestinian authorities, spoke sense and told some harsh truths about the disparities. Pity Damon chose to ignore by abruptly walking out in a huff....didn't like it so his answer is shut dialogue down.

The Israeli man who introduced the guy alongside him as "this Palestinian terrorist"....then went on to say how "he's my dearest 'brother' and in so many way's the closest person to me on earth", both gave very powerful testimony to how an Israeli Jew and Palestinian Arab can live in peace. Both had suffered losses, yet chose to come together as 'brothers' rather than wallow in a sea of perpetual hate and loathing.

They'll never live in peace :-| .................Hasn't happened in 1400 years..........

There will be individuals and even communities that will manage/have managed to coexist peacefully for a while, but eventually they'll be killing each other again *-) ...........

Archived