We're all gonna die!! - but when exactly?

CliveH

Actuaries work out when we are all going to die (on average) so the can charge us the "right" Life assurance premiums and pay us the "right" annuity payments for example.

Knowing how long we are going to live does affect them I am sure, because having spoken to many, the best description I ever heard of an actuary is that "their personalities are such that they can light up a room just by leaving it".

But now thanks to those clever cousins of ours across the pond we can all play at how long we are likely to live.

Have fun:-

http://peterrussell.dreamhosters.com/Odds/realage2.swf

Similar results to me. Iam 55 but virtual age of 33 and life expectancy of 95.7 years

I went back and did it again but this time "lowering" my weight a tad as well as my wine intake.

Shortened my expected life by just 9 months but seeing as 95 is quite long enough I am eying up that mince pie and bottle of Rioja

I apparently have to wait around another 32 years for the grim reaper.  Virtual age was 11 years younger than biological age.

It looks like I'll have to get some more friends and work out more if I want to reach 90 . . . god forbid, ehhh, speak up young 'un.

Mrs Way2Go had a niece who went out with an actuary and we met him on one or two occasions at big family do's.  He was as boring as hell and liked playing with the children in the family!!

Good find Clive ;-)

I didn't get any further than the first page because a little "virtual bug" started running around the screen, and I got scared and closed it! Not of the little bug itself 'cos I'm a macho man, but at what it might be doing to my computer. It might just be an advert for something that develops as you progress, or it might be an idea just to run a scan of your computer in case someone is being nasty and planting viri (?) or bugs in your machine and your computer dies before you do!

Paranoid of Warrington!

Mel B - 2007-11-21 9:28 PM

peter - 2007-11-21 8:33 PM

Mental age 12 :D

Wow Pete, as much as that!!! I'm impressed you got past 10!!!!! :D

I cheated and said I was a friend of yours Mel. :D

Tomo3090 - 2007-11-21 8:23 PM

I didn't get any further than the first page because a little "virtual bug" started running around the screen, and I got scared and closed it! Not of the little bug itself 'cos I'm a macho man, but at what it might be doing to my computer. It might just be an advert for something that develops as you progress, or it might be an idea just to run a scan of your computer in case someone is being nasty and planting viri (?) or bugs in your machine and your computer dies before you do!

Paranoid of Warrington!

Didn't see your bug but I just opened a very innocuous looking website & my virus checker told me that it contained a rather nasty little 'bug' - you're not safe anywhere!

Don't know when I'm going to die, (and to be honest I don't really want to!), but I know it will be from:

1. Global warming.

2. Obesity

3. Diabetis

4. Heart attack or stroke

5. Bird Flu

6.HIV/AIDS

7. Heroin overdose

8. The next Ice Age.

9. Being hit by a meteorite

10. Too much salt/sugar in my diet.

11. Ebola Fever.

12. Gassed in my motorhome!