We've treated ourselves ....!

Mel B

Mel B - 2009-08-06 6:59 PM

Not scuba gear or snorkels ... but you're in the right 'area' as getting them wet is vital to have fun!

:D

A pair of flourescent condoms to warn you when your old man is coming in the dark. :-> :-> :->

bob b - 2009-08-06 7:17 PM

Have you been drinking Howie ? !

It's obviously a couple of them battery operated torpedo wosnames that you hold on to and whizz around the sea terrifying the babies.

Thank you Bob and on reflection let me stress that the word 'coming' relates only to 'approaching' and nothing else. :$

howie - 2009-08-06 7:21 PM
bob b - 2009-08-06 7:17 PM

Have you been drinking Howie ? !

It's obviously a couple of them battery operated torpedo wosnames that you hold on to and whizz around the sea terrifying the babies.

Thank you Bob and on reflection let me stress that the word 'coming' relates only to 'approaching' and nothing else. :$

How could I have thought otherwise Howie. Shame on me I say !

And the winner is .......

Ohgrandma ... yup, we've got a couple of new canoes!

They arrived today and they are a redish orange - not the bright tango orange thankfully. Each one looks like two giant orange bananas have been tethered together at both ends - if they had been yellow I'm not sure I would've got them!!!!

I've been doing loads of 'research' on the web looking at various types of canoe to replace the 'stop gap' ones we got second hand last year off ebay which are a bit of a tight fit and if you recall I'd said that one was splitting it's difference not long back, although it did glue back together okay. As we want to do some canoeing in Scotland (oh I do hope the weather is good!) we thought we'd treat ourselves to something a bit comfier and that we could take some gear with us, such as a picnic etc if we wanted to stop somewhere, and maybe even a dog each if they decide they want to come too.

We've has a problem getting canoes though as lots of places are sold out due to 3 major companies merging/being taken over, to now become one and they are revising their ranges so supplies are scarce. At one point we thought we were going to have to get some from America.

Howie ... well! Condoms indeed ... I'm surprise you can remember what they are at your age! :D

Mel B - 2009-08-06 8:43 PM

And the winner is .......

Ohgrandma ... yup, we've got a couple of new canoes!

They arrived today and they are a redish orange - not the bright tango orange thankfully. Each one looks like two giant orange bananas have been tethered together at both ends - if they had been yellow I'm not sure I would've got them!!!!

I've been doing loads of 'research' on the web looking at various types of canoe to replace the 'stop gap' ones we got second hand last year off ebay which are a bit of a tight fit and if you recall I'd said that one was splitting it's difference not long back, although it did glue back together okay. As we want to do some canoeing in Scotland (oh I do hope the weather is good!) we thought we'd treat ourselves to something a bit comfier and that we could take some gear with us, such as a picnic etc if we wanted to stop somewhere, and maybe even a dog each if they decide they want to come too.

We've has a problem getting canoes though as lots of places are sold out due to 3 major companies merging/being taken over, to now become one and they are revising their ranges so supplies are scarce. At one point we thought we were going to have to get some from America.

Howie ... well! Condoms indeed ... I'm surprise you can remember what they are at your age! :D

Hope you don,t mind Mel, but is this the canoe you are on about. One of the few things i,ve never tried so let us know how it goes with plenty of pictures please.

By the way, I do remember what a condom is. Its one of those big vulture birds that fly over the Andes, or somewhere like that.

SKI051_2-450.jpg.6f137766e026bc2b1cf0bb9608fce0a7.jpg

Archived