What a set

Birdbrain

What? you expect them to support Brexit? Why?

Not much they or anyone can do about it now but when it turns out to be the crock of sh1t many of us think it will be and the new baby Tories realise they have been had perhaps we need a pro EU party with someone at the helm that supports EU membership and is not a screaming lefty. That person is Keir Starmer.

Barryd999 - 2020-01-10 12:49 PM

Not much they or anyone can do about it now but when it turns out to be the crock of sh1t many of us think it will be and the new baby Tories realise they have been had perhaps we need a pro EU party with someone at the helm that supports EU membership and is not a screaming lefty. That person is Keir Starmer.

I expect the winner will drop their anti-Brexit stance sooner rather than later if they want power and what leader of a party doesnt want power ... You had a "pro EU" party at the last election but you blobbed em and voted and campaigned for a terrorist loving anti-Semite hard lefty , one Jeremy Corbyn and one of his closet allies was Keir Starmer ... You say hes not a "screaming lefty" so hows that work

Guest pelmetman
Birdbrain - 2020-01-10 2:33 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-01-10 12:49 PM

I expect the winner will drop their anti-Brexit stance sooner rather than later if they want power and what leader of a party doesnt want power ... You had a "pro EU" party at the last election but you blobbed em and voted and campaigned for a terrorist loving anti-Semite hard lefty , one Jeremy Corbyn and one of his closet allies was Keir Starmer ... You say hes not a "screaming lefty" so hows that work

To be fair Starmer isn't a Terrorist loving Anti Semite like Corbyn........But he's still a Full Fat Remoaner so quite how he will win back Brexit voting Labour supporters will be interesting :D .........

Well this is the simplistic way I look at it.

You can say what you like about who supports Brexit but lets be clear, there is probably no majority in favour of it in the UK. For the sake of argument lets say its 50/50 as it was in 2016.

The Tory party now has a lot of ex Labour voters that are all at the moment very excited baby Tories. They are now awaiting their promised lands they were promised in 2016 to be delivered. Its been a long hard slog and a lot of them had to grit their teeth and do something they have never done in their lifetimes, vote Tory. They are expecting a lot from the Tories and Brexit and ill tell you what they wont be wanting to wait long to get it either.

If what is delivered is a wrecked economy, price hikes, job losses and another round of austerity then how long before the baby Tories think "hang on a minute WTF is going on here"?

I think that is what will happen. The tories will try like mad to paper over the cracks but unless they are going to get us into yet more spiralling debt that we can never recover from eventually the cracks will show and the game will be up.

Thats why we need a moderate Labour party opposition in the wings with a pro EU leader. I think Brexit and Johnson have to run their course now as its the only way to show people what a drastic mistake both were but we need a credible alternative to pick up the pieces.

I would be happy to be wrong of course as the damage will be catastrophic. So, do you feel confident that Johnson and Brexit will be a massive success by 2024?

Barryd999 - 2020-01-10 4:19 PM

You can say what you like about who supports Brexit but lets be clear, there is probably no majority in favour of it in the UK. For the sake of argument lets say its 50/50 as it was in 2016.

The Tory party now has a lot of ex Labour voters that are all at the moment very excited baby Tories. They are now awaiting their promised lands they were promised in 2016 to be delivered. Its been a long hard slog and a lot of them had to grit their teeth and do something they have never done in their lifetimes, vote Tory. They are expecting a lot from the Tories and Brexit and ill tell you what they wont be wanting to wait long to get it either.

If what is delivered is a wrecked economy, price hikes, job losses and another round of austerity then how long before the baby Tories think "hang on a minute WTF is going on here"?

I think that is what will happen. The tories will try like mad to paper over the cracks but unless they are going to get us into yet more spiralling debt that we can never recover from eventually the cracks will show and the game will be up.

Thats why we need a moderate Labour party opposition in the wings with a pro EU leader. I think Brexit and Johnson have to run their course now as its the only way to show people what a drastic mistake both were but we need a credible alternative to pick up the pieces.

I would be happy to be wrong of course as the damage will be catastrophic. So, do you feel confident that Johnson and Brexit will be a massive success by 2024?

How confident are we that the EU will still be here then?

The Tory party now has a lot of ex Labour voters that are all at the moment very excited baby Tories. They are now awaiting their promised lands they were promised in 2016 to be delivered.

Thats why we need a moderate Labour party opposition.

The first part of your post sounds like arrogance and bile ... and sadly, that is the way you have gone in the past 3 years.

Your second statement makes no sense at all. Starmer is just a Corbyn but without the dubious history. What is he going to do? Dismantle Momentum? Move back to the centre left ground? No wonder you keep harping on about Unicorns, you are green enough to believe they exist. :D

747 - 2020-01-10 5:00 PM

The Tory party now has a lot of ex Labour voters that are all at the moment very excited baby Tories. They are now awaiting their promised lands they were promised in 2016 to be delivered.

The first part of your post sounds like arrogance and bile ... and sadly, that is the way you have gone in the past 3 years.

Your second statement makes no sense at all. Starmer is just a Corbyn but without the dubious history. What is he going to do? Dismantle Momentum? Move back to the centre left ground? No wonder you keep harping on about Unicorns, you are green enough to believe they exist. :D

Agreed

jumpstart - 2020-01-10 4:56 PM

How confident are we that the EU will still be here then?

Lordy ... I agree

No its not bile, its the truth with a bit of cynical humour thrown in. There are lots of new Tory voters who are expecting big things from Brexit and pretty damned quickly as well. I joined shed loads of North Eastern social media groups and everything I have said is exactly how it is. These new Tory voters are expecting better lives under the Tories and Brexit for sure.

Starmer is nothing like Corbyn, he is way more moderate. The only way Labour stand any chance is by moving back towards the centre ground. Blair got elected three times! The only time Labour will get a sniff is if they move back that way with a much more centrist statesman like leader and a much higher calibre moderate front bench. I dunno what he will do about Momentum. Tell em to feck off perhaps. Thats the only way they will get elected though. Then again it also depends how bad the next few years are under the Tories and Brexit. Like I said, how confident do you feel? Its ok for you, your wealthy and dont need to worry about a bit of hardship but what about all those new Tories who live hand to mouth month by month who have endured a decade of Austerity? Not sure they will be so keen to "Ride it out" for fifty years or however long Smuggy said it would take to see the benefits of Brexit.

Anyway. Feck all anyone can do about it now but we will find out soon enough who has been right over the past four years on here.

Barryd999 - 2020-01-10 5:56 PM

No its not bile, its the truth with a bit of cynical humour thrown in. There are lots of new Tory voters who are expecting big things from Brexit and pretty damned quickly as well. I joined shed loads of North Eastern social media groups and everything I have said is exactly how it is. These new Tory voters are expecting better lives under the Tories and Brexit for sure.

Starmer is nothing like Corbyn, he is way more moderate. The only way Labour stand any chance is by moving back towards the centre ground. Blair got elected three times! The only time Labour will get a sniff is if they move back that way with a much more centrist statesman like leader and a much higher calibre moderate front bench. I dunno what he will do about Momentum. Tell em to feck off perhaps. Thats the only way they will get elected though. Then again it also depends how bad the next few years are under the Tories and Brexit. Like I said, how confident do you feel? Its ok for you, your wealthy and dont need to worry about a bit of hardship but what about all those new Tories who live hand to mouth month by month who have endured a decade of Austerity? Not sure they will be so keen to "Ride it out" for fifty years or however long Smuggy said it would take to see the benefits of Brexit.

Anyway. Feck all anyone can do about it now but we will find out soon enough who has been right over the past four years on here.

"who has been right over the past four years on here" ... Guna be honest given your track record on here I wouldnt waste a quid bet on you

Birdbrain - 2020-01-10 6:17 PM

"who has been right over the past four years on here" ... Guna be honest given your track record on here I wouldnt waste a quid bet on you

The main topic we have debated on here over the past few years has been Brexit. I think it will be bad for the UK, you and some others think it will be just smashing. Thats the big question that remains unanswered. Some of us might have got stuff right and wrong throughout that process as there was a lot of speculation as to who would be in power, what kind of deal we would get etc etc but the UK went off at a tangent in 2016 with no plan whatsoever is it was impossible to really predict what would happen next.

Now though we know we are leaving so the big question is will Brexit and the New Tory party be great for the UK or a complete disaster. I along with a lot of people much cleverer than me say the latter so your quid wouldnt just be a bet on what I say but pretty much most of the credible economists and and leaders from around the world.

Barryd999 - 2020-01-10 6:41 PM

The main topic we have debated on here over the past few years has been Brexit. I think it will be bad for the UK, you and some others think it will be just smashing. Thats the big question that remains unanswered. Some of us might have got stuff right and wrong throughout that process as there was a lot of speculation as to who would be in power, what kind of deal we would get etc etc but the UK went off at a tangent in 2016 with no plan whatsoever is it was impossible to really predict what would happen next.

Now though we know we are leaving so the big question is will Brexit and the New Tory party be great for the UK or a complete disaster. I along with a lot of people much cleverer than me say the latter so your quid wouldnt just be a bet on what I say but pretty much most of the credible economists and and leaders from around the world.

But it’s not just Brexit, it’s about the EU as well. Are they going down the path Eu nationals want. Are they supported across the board. Is the budget tightening going to be tolerated by all the countries .Is Poland going to put through the changes the Eu say not too. Is there going to be a flash point between Greece and Turkey. What’s the Eu foreign policy going to be towards Libya. Agricultural policy! Fishing policy!

There are a lot of problems in the Eu . It’s not just about Brexit.

You were prepared to welcome (and voted for) a Labour Government that would have totally wrecked this country just so you could stop Brexit. *-)

I cannot think of any worse scenario than that. And then you think Keir Starmer will solve all the problems with the Labour Party if he is leader? I have met some dafties in my time but you take the biscuit. :D

747 - 2020-01-10 7:30 PM

You were prepared to welcome (and voted for) a Labour Government that would have totally wrecked this country just so you could stop Brexit. *-)

I cannot think of any worse scenario than that. And then you think Keir Starmer will solve all the problems with the Labour Party if he is leader? I have met some dafties in my time but you take the biscuit. :D

There was never any chance in the end of Labour winning a majority. The best we could have hoped for was some kind of minority coalition. The whole point of that was to force a confirmatory vote on the final deal with the option of a less insane Brexit or remaining in the EU. Im assuming you were most of your life a Labour voter whereas I was a Tory voter for most of mine so presumably you agree with some of their policies and indeed socialism. You dont just turn blue overnight. So maybe you were prepared to sacrifice your principles and beliefs just for Brexit which is clearly what many did.

I didnt have an affinity to any party and havent had for some time, I just wanted the public to wake up and stop Brexit themselves. They didnt and have voted in a Tory party that will I believe make their lives hell. We shall see now I guess wont we? I doubt even Corbyn and the current Labour party could have done as much damage in a five years as these feckers and their reckless Brexit plans will do.

jumpstart - 2020-01-10 6:49 PM

But it’s not just Brexit, it’s about the EU as well. Are they going down the path Eu nationals want. Are they supported across the board. Is the budget tightening going to be tolerated by all the countries .Is Poland going to put through the changes the Eu say not too. Is there going to be a flash point between Greece and Turkey. What’s the Eu foreign policy going to be towards Libya. Agricultural policy! Fishing policy!

Dont know, the EU is not perfect but leaving with no credible plan in some kind of Brexit lucky dip led by a serial liar and total self centred Moron with a psycho side kick pulling his strings seems a bit of a sh1t idea to me. Better to have waited and see how the EU develops and reforms and then leave if it went to rat sh1t hopefully with a plan. If we had done that and it had happened maybe there would have been a large majority in favour. I speak to a lot of Europeans and whilst some are not always happy with the way the EU has formed they all think we are crackers leaving.

Barryd999 - 2020-01-10 10:25 PM

There was never any chance in the end of Labour winning a majority. The best we could have hoped for was some kind of minority coalition. The whole point of that was to force a confirmatory vote on the final deal with the option of a less insane Brexit or remaining in the EU. Im assuming you were most of your life a Labour voter whereas I was a Tory voter for most of mine so presumably you agree with some of their policies and indeed socialism. You dont just turn blue overnight. So maybe you were prepared to sacrifice your principles and beliefs just for Brexit which is clearly what many did.

I didnt have an affinity to any party and havent had for some time, I just wanted the public to wake up and stop Brexit themselves. They didnt and have voted in a Tory party that will I believe make their lives hell. We shall see now I guess wont we? I doubt even Corbyn and the current Labour party could have done as much damage in a five years as these feckers and their reckless Brexit plans will do.

I'm a socialist ... not a feckin' idiot. 8-)

747 - 2020-01-10 11:21 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-01-10 10:25 PM

I'm a socialist ... not a feckin' idiot. 8-)

Are you sure? You did just vote Tory. I bet its keeping you awake at night. (lol)

But there was no speculation and never has been as far as your concerned ... Above you you talk of that speculation in the shape of who would be in power and what kind of deal we'd get ... Just take those two things , you didn't speculate on those things you told us what would happen , bang on you said for ages no-deal was dead and you told us Labour with a monkey in charge would be in power before Brexit , well just on those 2 things that you told us were nailed on you were wrong , totally wrong so why the hell should we listen and believe any doomsday Brexit/Tory guff you spew

Birdbrain - 2020-01-11 6:52 AM

But there was no speculation and never has been as far as your concerned ... Above you you talk of that speculation in the shape of who would be in power and what kind of deal we'd get ... Just take those two things , you didn't speculate on those things you told us what would happen , bang on you said for ages no-deal was dead and you told us Labour with a monkey in charge would be in power before Brexit , well just on those 2 things that you told us were nailed on you were wrong , totally wrong so why the hell should we listen and believe any doomsday Brexit/Tory guff you spew

Well you have to allow for a bit of OAL drama dont you? No deal should have been dead, in fact it was, it wasn't just me saying that either. Also the stuff about Corbyn was probably said just to wind you up. I had no idea if he would get elected or not. (lol) clearly not! None of this detracts from Brexit still being bad for the UK just because some of us were wrong as regards some of the elements of the process of leaving.

A lot of the stuff said on here is just designed to wind people up if we are honest about it, some people are in danger of taking it all too seriously I think. Well thats how Ive always looked at it anyway. The funs been taken out of it now though as we are definitely leaving and the Tories are in power for the foreseeable. Its all a bit boring now.

Barryd999 - 2020-01-10 10:30 PM

Dont know, the EU is not perfect but leaving with no credible plan in some kind of Brexit lucky dip led by a serial liar and total self centred Moron with a psycho side kick pulling his strings seems a bit of a sh1t idea to me. Better to have waited and see how the EU develops and reforms and then leave if it went to rat sh1t hopefully with a plan. If we had done that and it had happened maybe there would have been a large majority in favour. I speak to a lot of Europeans and whilst some are not always happy with the way the EU has formed they all think we are crackers leaving.

You assume that the EU will develop and reform. They don’t have an immigration plan or a Fisheries plan or a proper Agricultural plan or a Foreign policy. What if it actually goes like your assuming the Uk will go. Maybe in the long run we will be better off like with the euro.

jumpstart - 2020-01-11 8:25 AM

You assume that the EU will develop and reform. They don’t have an immigration plan or a Fisheries plan or a proper Agricultural plan or a Foreign policy. What if it actually goes like your assuming the Uk will go. Maybe in the long run we will be better off like with the euro.

Well I guess we will fine out soon enough now.

jumpstart - 2020-01-11 8:25 AM

The EU is unable to plan or change policy on the hoof due to the way it is set up and is one of the main reasons I believe it will ultimately fail. If the UK had the same setup in 1939, we would have all been speaking German since 1941. 8-)

John52 - 2020-01-11 11:22 AM

747 - 2020-01-11 9:22 AM

If the UK had the same setup in 1939, we would have all been speaking German since 1941. 8-)

Or we might have had the sense to stand back and let our 2 worst enemies, Hiler & Stalin, annihilate each other. :-S

Although it's more likely that one of those two would have won - and would then move on to taking over Britain.

Which would you have preferred ?

:-|

Archived