What about the variant from south africa

Hans

Hans, by South African variant i'm assuming you're referring to the new one named Omicron?

Travellers from South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Lesotho and Eswatini will not be able to enter the UK unless they are UK or Irish nationals, or UK residents.

The WHO said it would take a few weeks to understand the impact of the new variant, as scientists worked to determine how transmissible it was.

A top UK health official warned that vaccines would "almost certainly" be less effective against the new variant.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-59438723

Bulletguy - 2021-11-27 2:50 PM

The WHO said it would take a few weeks to understand the impact of the new variant, as scientists worked to determine how transmissible it was.

A top UK health official warned that vaccines would "almost certainly" be less effective against the new variant.

Those two lines perfectly explain how much is actually KNOWN about the new strain.

One says we don't know much about it yet - the other is taking a guess.

Best to wait for facts - and take no chances until we have some.

:-|

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-11-27 8:15 PM

Those two lines perfectly explain how much is actually KNOWN about the new strain.

"Best to wait for facts - and take no chances until we have some."

You mean like what Boris has done? :D ............

pelmetman - 2021-11-27 9:15 PM

I don't believe Boris is running things any more - I reckon that he's surrounded by adults telling him what to do -

( and trying to stop him making any more c*ck-ups )

I'm guessing that he just sits at his desk playing with a toy Peppa Pig, and the grown-ups give him stuff to sign.

:-D

malc d - 2021-11-27 10:11 PM

I don't believe Boris is running things any more - I reckon that he's surrounded by adults telling him what to do -

I'm guessing that he just sits at his desk playing with a toy Peppa Pig, and the grown-ups give him stuff to sign.

BBC have offered him a job as presenter on CBeebies. (lol)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-11-27 10:11 PM

If that's what you Haters wish to think :-| ..........

Frankly I'm gobsmacked that he's managed to get the UK in the position he has considering we were supposed to be.......just for brian :D .....

1.......In deep reccesion

2.......Have 800k+ job losses

3.......House price crash

4.......Brexiteers eating your babies etc etc (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Archived