What do you miss the most?

J9withdogs

When I'm away in the 'van for any length of time the thing that I miss the most is a soak in a nice hot bath.

Whilst I admit that putting one in a m/home or having a bath-house on site is quite impractical, I have come up with another solution:

A mobile hot-tub van.

Along the lines of the fish & chip vans that visit sites once a week, the hot-tub van could have a very lucrative round.

Anyone want to come into partnership with me? (lol) (lol)

Careful J9 you'll get the Judge all hot and bothered with the thought of getting into a hot tub with you! :$

Don't think it'd really take off though, can you imagine having to clear all the hair, scum etc out after some people have had a go - yuk! :D

As for what I miss ... all you lovely people on the forum of course! (lol)

That's a novel idea Janine, how do you propose to charge, by the hour or by the minute?

We did stop on a CC site at Ulrome in East Yorks a few years ago and they had baths as well as showers. Oh what heaven it was to have a soak in a nice hot bath! And you did get a full bath of piping hot water for (I think it was) 20p.

D.

That's a novel idea Janine, how do you propose to charge, by the hour or by the minute?

We did stop on a CC site at Ulrome in East Yorks a few years ago and they had baths as well as showers. Oh what heaven it was to have a soak in a nice hot bath! And you did get a full bath of piping hot water for (I think it was) 20p.

D.

Trype in stereo!. Told you it was catching. This is the first van we,ve had without a window in the loo. Not going to make the loo any bigger, but supprising how small and claustrophobic it feels without one and something I really miss.

howie - 2007-06-25 12:05 AM

Trype in stereo!. Told you it was catching. This is the first van we,ve had without a window in the loo. Not going to make the loo any bigger, but supprising how small and claustrophobic it feels without one and something I really miss.

Your lack of a window is probably something your campsite neighbours are really appreciative of though, eh Howie? :D

What do I also miss the most ... having a garden instead of a lake .... :-(

Never thought of it that way Mel. That explains all those strange looks I used to get from other campers.

Know what you mean about having a lake where the garden used to be though those poor souls in Sheffield are really catching the worst of it. Spare a thought for those under canvas as well. Been there myself, and no fun saving up all year with the kids all excited only for it to be a complete washout. Flaming June. Tell me about it. :-(

Archived