What do you think of this?

nightrider

Both my cousin and I have campervans and we always travel in convoy, I take the lead and my wife is the navigator (brilliant mapreader) better than any sat-nav and my cousin follows behind.

In order for us to keep in touch we used to use a CB rig but the skip could be a bit of a pain, so I wondered what a 'walkie-talkie' would be like? would it work.

I took the chance and bought one from Aldi as did my cousin, I am glad to say that they do work from van to van giving a 3 to 4 mile range depending on terrain, my cousin is the type that gets lost when he is away from home, so the walkie-talkies are ideal for keeping in touch whenever it is time to pull off the motorway and he might be well back down the road, a good investment.

....How do you think the police use their radios :D

I would like to see em make it stick in court ..

Hubby and us use PMR446 Motorola very good indeed .

They can nick hubby I don't care : :D He has been known to be quite stoppy especially when someone quote the law at him :D :D

Suck eggs comes to mind :D

Difficult to prove you were using it though Michelle. Where'as a mobile phone is easy, as all calls are logged with time stamp. If old bill pulls you you just put it down.

michele - 2008-11-12 10:54 PM

So Cant win really

Anyway like I say if the Police do it why should the public suffer one rule for one again .

you been inhaling strange substances again?? *-)

plebs ALWAYS suffer on one rule for one arguments *-)

like you say *-)

'can't win really' *-)

B-)

bob b - 2008-11-13 5:38 PM

When I was in the Fire Service, my Brigade car was fitted with a hands free radio, a few years before it was made an offence to use a phone while driving. 

I imagine that the police cars are fitted with the same equipment

Area cars are hands free , they attach to the drivers wheel like a stick pull to talk. But as far as hubby knows radios are still just that radios not hands free. Funny that because Area Cars have an operator to do it for them.

Using a Cb/walkie talkie may not be an offence per say but I bet you would end up in court for not in proper control of a Motor vehicle

Also if you regularly use a two way radio as a hands free kit asuming you are solo its bloody reckless 8-)

While you're at it you could make an omlette :D

Archived