What effect has 2+ years of Remoaner propaganda had on the polls?......

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Poll results from the day before the referendum ;-) ........

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/should-the-united-kingdom-remain-a-member-of-the-european-union-or-leave-the-european-union-asked-on-referendum-day-2/

55% Remain......45% Leave......

Poll results from 4 days ago >:-) ..........

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/opinion-polls/euref2-poll-of-polls/

53% Remain.......47% Leave.........

Two years 6 months of Remoaner bellyaching has achieved what exactly?.......a 2% drop in the polls (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

I agree its not changed much as far as the polls are concerned but you have clearly chosen the worst poll in favour of Brexit from 2016 and the best one for 2019. I could show you others or the tracker that simply asks the same question each month which has gradually risen in favour of remain but I simply cant be arsed anymore. There has also been a change in all that time in the way polls are done so they are more accurate.

Then you also have to consider a new campaign. Most people have no idea whats gone on since 2016 and probably still believe we are getting £350m for the NHS. "Leave" would find it hard to pedal the same lies this time. There is also the options available which are likely to be Mays Deal or remain. Mays deal is as popular as a fart in a spacesuit. I Cant see how we could or should include No deal as an option but if it is i doubt it will poll as high as remain.

I could of course be completely wrong and the vote for Leave could be higher. The country has gone bat sh1t crazy after all. There is only one way to find out I guess. Hold a vote on the final deal.

The main achievement of the incessant remoaner bitching is the weakening of the govt's negotiating position to such a degree that the EU did not think it had to offer a decent deal because the scaremongering whingers will ensure the EU has a good chance of getting it's own way in deterring others from leaving.

Tracker - 2019-01-08 3:11 PM

The main achievement of the incessant remoaner bitching is the weakening of the govt's negotiating position to such a degree that the EU did not think it had to offer a decent deal because the scaremongering whingers will ensure the EU has a good chance of getting it's own way in deterring others from leaving.

Eh?! The main reasons the UK could not get a better deal from the EU were a) that the government could not agree among themselves what they wanted from the deal, and b) that they hadn't understood that they would have to negotiate with the EU Commission on behalf of the other 27 members, rather than being able to negotiate with the other 27 members individually. The outcome was that the EU side was resolute, and the UK side inarticulate.

If the government had sorted itself out before launching Article 50, and had proceeded to the negotiations with clear objectives, with a resounding electoral mandate to leave backing them, the outcome would have been far more conclusive. Instead, we had unending muddle and a narrow rejection of EU membership that led to a narrowly disadvantageously agreement to leave, with no agreement whatever over the future relationship, because the government still can't articulate what that should be.

I'm still reeling that the entire bleedin' UK government could have failed to spot the large grey beast with a long trunk that was following them everywhere they went - the Irish border. Are there no adults involved in government any more? Were they all born after Good Friday 1998?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-01-08 4:00 PM

Eh?! The main reasons the UK could not get a better deal from the EU were a) that the government could not agree among themselves what they wanted from the deal, and b) that they hadn't understood that they would have to negotiate with the EU Commission on behalf of the other 27 members, rather than being able to negotiate with the other 27 members individually. The outcome was that the EU side was resolute, and the UK side inarticulate.

If the government had sorted itself out before launching Article 50, and had proceeded to the negotiations with clear objectives, with a resounding electoral mandate to leave backing them, the outcome would have been far more conclusive. Instead, we had unending muddle and a narrow rejection of EU membership that led to a narrowly disadvantageously agreement to leave, with no agreement whatever over the future relationship, because the government still can't articulate what that should be.

I'm still reeling that the entire bleedin' UK government could have failed to spot the large grey beast with a long trunk that was following them everywhere they went - the Irish border. Are there no adults involved in government any more? Were they all born after Good Friday 1998?

Come off it Brian *-) ............

You Remoaners have done nothing but try to prevent Brexit ever since the 25th June 2016, the Irish border is a perfect example of Remoaners and the EU doing their best to stop us leaving using any pathetic excuse to achieve it :-| .........

With a bit of luck all your efforts will actually achieve is your worst nightmare......A No Deal Brexit >:-) .......

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-08 4:00 PM

By large grey beast I assume you mean JC Juncker - another JC who thinks he can walk on water?

Expecting politicians to behave like adults, especially where Ireland is concerned, is asking too much methinks?

Born after Good Friday 1988 - old enough to vote now with no memory of what went on before?

pelmetman - 2019-01-08 4:06 PM....................You Remoaners have done nothing but try to prevent Brexit ever since the 25th June 2016, the Irish border is a perfect example of Remoaners and the EU doing their best to stop us leaving using any pathetic excuse to achieve it :-| ......…........

OK, so how do you propose solving it? It is a line on a map, with almost no physical indication of it's presence on the ground. In numerous places the only indication is that the speed limit signs change from MPH to KPH. 270 border crossings along 310 miles of border that meanders through towns and villages, across farms fields and loughs, and along rivers. You can't have any fixed border controls, but it will become the only land border between the EU and the UK. The UK will be outside the EU, and all EU (and UK) borders require entry control points for goods and people. What kind of border would solve that equation?

Even now it is prone to smuggling which, depending on what is crossing, represents a loss of tax revenues for one or other of the bordering states. Bona fide goods passing between bona fide companies are easy, most of the control can take place elsewhere, and be confirmed electronically between despatcher and recipient. But that won't apply to what crosses down the minor roads and lanes that make up the majority of those 270 crossing points, so how are they to be policed? Over! :-)

Fair enough Brian, so that leaves two alternatives, find a way to police that entire porous border or stay forever tied to the EU, what is your solution - do I need ask!

The EU seem impervious to any revenue loss in favour of retaining no border so don't expect any cooperation from the EU or it's member states that include Ireland.

Or maybe somehow make NI a special case with the EU border at the ports and airports that connect to the UK, in which case we get to contol both ends in and out.

What a load of cobblers.

The Brexiteers built a rod for their own backs by promising everyone that we could have our cake and eat it and there would be the easiest deal in history and they need us more than we need them etc.

What they should have done is recruited Antony and Dave. At least they are honest about their Brexit and at least its pure (certifiably bonkers but pure and honest).

The Vote leave campaign should have said "We want to leave the EU lock stock and three smoking barrels, we dont want a deal we want to sail away and bollox to the lot of you, we dont want to stay friends as we all know that never works when you dump someone so feck off". I would have respected that. Trouble is, hardly anyone would have voted for that so they only have themselves to blame for promising Unicorns. In some respects the headbangers that just want to run off the cliff are the only true Brexiteers.

What we have now is a situation where we are trying to satisfy everyone but please nobody. We are still trying to bang square pegs into round holes and get agreement which is never going to happen. Ever.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-08 5:38 PM

What a load of cobblers.

The Brexiteers built a rod for their own backs by promising everyone that we could have our cake and eat it and there would be the easiest deal in history and they need us more than we need them etc.

What they should have done is recruited Antony and Dave. At least they are honest about their Brexit and at least its pure (certifiably bonkers but pure and honest).

The Vote leave campaign should have said "We want to leave the EU lock stock and three smoking barrels, we dont want a deal we want to sail away and bollox to the lot of you, we dont want to stay friends as we all know that never works when you dump someone so feck off". I would have respected that. Trouble is, hardly anyone would have voted for that so they only have themselves to blame for promising Unicorns. In some respects the headbangers that just want to run off the cliff are the only true Brexiteers.

What we have now is a situation where we are trying to satisfy everyone but please nobody. We are still trying to bang square pegs into round holes and get agreement which is never going to happen. Ever.

Seeing as I'm told we live in a democracy........then the losers should do the democratic thing......and accept the result of the referendum :-| ..........

Preventing Brexit will be proof that democracy in the UK is DEAD >:-( ...........

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-01-08 4:42 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-08 4:06 PM....................You Remoaners have done nothing but try to prevent Brexit ever since the 25th June 2016, the Irish border is a perfect example of Remoaners and the EU doing their best to stop us leaving using any pathetic excuse to achieve it :-| ......…........

OK, so how do you propose solving it? It is a line on a map, with almost no physical indication of it's presence on the ground. In numerous places the only indication is that the speed limit signs change from MPH to KPH. 270 border crossings along 310 miles of border that meanders through towns and villages, across farms fields and loughs, and along rivers. You can't have any fixed border controls, but it will become the only land border between the EU and the UK. The UK will be outside the EU, and all EU (and UK) borders require entry control points for goods and people. What kind of border would solve that equation?

We leave it as it is.........If the EU/Irish want to install a border that's up to them ;-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-01-09 9:12 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-01-08 5:38 PM

What a load of cobblers.

Seeing as I'm told we live in a democracy........then the losers should do the democratic thing......and accept the result of the referendum :-| ..........

Preventing Brexit will be proof that democracy in the UK is DEAD >:-( ...........

And if the Brexiteers had carried out a campaign based on what I just posted above which is pretty much your version of Brexit and had still won I would be inclined to agree with you but they didnt did they? They promised much more than that. There were at least five different versions of Brexit from the softest one possible with single market and customs union membership right down to the no deal full chat hard core Brexit. how do we know which one those 17.4 million voted for? Was it Mays Deal? Probably not but that was the sole reason the Peoples Vote was launched last February because of all this confusion, to give the people the chance to sign off on whatever type of Brexit was finally on offer. Had it been your type of Brexit from the off that would have been it, none of this would be happening.

The Brexiteers ruined it for themselves by over promising and not singing from the same hymn sheet. Now its coming back to bite them on the arse.

antony1969 - 2019-01-09 1:54 PM

More Project Fear tosh blown to bits ... https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1069280/Brexit-news-no-deal-Theresa-May-port-delays-BBC-Today-Calais-Dover-EU ... But but but ...

Yes the same bloke was spouting off the other day about how insulting it was the that the UK Government was preparing for no deal by taking business away from his port but today admits to a year of preparation at Calais where it will be business as usual. (lol)

Hmm. I think I would prefer to take the advice of our own port authorities, customs chiefs and maritime transport experts.

Still its given the Express trolls something to salivate over for a couple of hours.

Barryd999 - 2019-01-09 3:31 PM

More Project Fear tosh blown to bits ... https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1069280/Brexit-news-no-deal-Theresa-May-port-delays-BBC-Today-Calais-Dover-EU ... But but but ...

Yes the same bloke was spouting off the other day about how insulting it was the that the UK Government was preparing for no deal by taking business away from his port but today admits to a year of preparation at Calais where it will be business as usual. (lol)

Hmm. I think I would prefer to take the advice of our own port authorities, customs chiefs and maritime transport experts.

Still its given the Express trolls something to salivate over for a couple of hours.

Mmmmm ... How very xenophobic Barry "our own" ... I think you'd just much rather prefer anyone who was dishing out Brexit bad news Barry if were being honest ... "Express trolls" isnt very nice either , your concern about abuse and insults obviously only stretches to Remoaner MPs ... Yuk

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2019-01-09 3:52 PM

Mmmmm ... How very xenophobic Barry "our own" ... I think you'd just much rather prefer anyone who was dishing out Brexit bad news Barry if were being honest ... "Express trolls" isnt very nice either , your concern about abuse and insults obviously only stretches to Remoaner MPs ... Yuk

Barry's competing with Bullet for ownership of the forums Hypocrite Hill ;-) .........

Well "our own" officials do not have the same vested interest. They just tell it like it really is, or will be.

The president of the Northern Hauts-de-France seems a bit worried huh?

https://www.portstrategy.com/news101/world/europe/france-warns-of-no-deal-brexit-chaos

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-09 5:07 PM

Well "our own" officials do not have the same vested interest. They just tell it like it really is, or will be.

https://www.portstrategy.com/news101/world/europe/france-warns-of-no-deal-brexit-chaos

As the UK is a net importer...........The biggest queues would be on their side if they want to play silly b*ggers :D .........

Barryd999 - 2019-01-09 5:07 PM

Well he needs to have a word with the Mayor of Calais who seems to be much more up to date on events , your link is 2 months old and God knows how old his comments are ... You didn't let down though more bad news from the forums very own dark cloud ... Nice one

Archived