What have we come to on Brexit?

Violet1956

I’ve succumbed to the Oliver Letwin argument.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-01-29/i-am-past-caring-what-the-deal-is-we-have-sir-oliver-letwin-supports-pms-deal-as-long-as-it-secures-brexit/

So damn tired am I of all this trouble. I desperately wanted to stay in the European Union but the horse has bolted and I give up. I am reasonable comfortable, I don’t have to look for work, I am close to retirement and my children have some hope in that they can emigrate.

That’s such a selfish outlook I know. Brexit is no solution for the poor or dispossessed in our society, would that the politicos from both sides of the divide had been prepared to admit that.

What a load of old Hollywood dramatic rot ... Why emigrate ??? ... Nothings happened yet has it ... If they run all they run from is uncertainty because other than that nothing has changed ... Defeatist croc of crsp ... Ironic that Gina Miller fought for what many on here wanted the meaningful vote which looks to have kinda backfired ... Grow some Veronica

Violet1956 - 2019-01-30 3:06 PM

I’ve succumbed to the Oliver Letwin argument.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-01-29/i-am-past-caring-what-the-deal-is-we-have-sir-oliver-letwin-supports-pms-deal-as-long-as-it-secures-brexit/

So damn tired am I of all this trouble. I desperately wanted to stay in the European Union but the horse has bolted and I give up. I am reasonable comfortable, I don’t have to look for work, I am close to retirement and my children have some hope in that they can emigrate.

That’s such a selfish outlook I know. Brexit is no solution for the poor or dispossessed in our society, would that the politicos from both sides of the divide had been prepared to admit that.

Illegitimi non carborundum Veronica!

It's not selfish about wanting the best for your children and certainly that's not going to be in the Britain Brexiteers want to create. You only have to look at the chaos and catastrophic mess they've already created to see that much.

Why any of the less well off voted to make themselves even more worse off just beggars belief, especially as the wealthy will gain even more (take a look at the duplicity of disaster capitalists like Mogg and Philip May as a snapshot example). But they were sold a pig in poke by a mass spread of disinformation, lies, and impossible promises, and fell for it.

Letwins "past caring" sums up the "fu, i'm alright Jack" attitude which pervades throughout the entire debacle.

antony1969 - 2019-01-30 3:59 PM

What a load of old Hollywood dramatic rot ... Why emigrate ??? ... Nothings happened yet has it ... If they run all they run from is uncertainty because other than that nothing has changed ... Defeatist croc of crsp ... Ironic that Gina Miller fought for what many on here wanted the meaningful vote which looks to have kinda backfired ... Grow some Veronica

Would "growing some" make me any the wiser Antony?

Grow some Veronica

Just because you disagree with Veronica's views does not give you the right to insult her and not only should you be ashamed of yourself you should apologise not least because Veronica never insults you in this disparaging manner.

Violet1956 - 2019-01-30 5:11 PM.........…..Would "growing some" make me any the wiser Antony?

On the evidence, Veronica, not in the slightest. Genitals have no correlation whatever with wisdom - just look at Brexit, and who its majority supporters are! Courage, ma brave, courage. :-D

Tracker - 2019-01-30 5:16 PM

Grow some Veronica

Just because you disagree with Veronica's views does not give you the right to insult her and not only should you be ashamed of yourself you should apologise not least because Veronica never insults you in this disparaging manner.

I don't think Veronica is a little weak woman that needs you to stand up for her in any way Richard ... She's quite able to as she has proved to me in the past to give as good as she gets and if she believes Ive insulted her in any way then I would hope that she would be the one to question my words and not you ... I actually find your nose sticking in a little sickening actually for Veronica

Violet1956 - 2019-01-30 5:11 PM

Would "growing some" make me any the wiser Antony?

Wont make you wiser Veronica but maybe it might make you less defeatist before anything has actually happened and talking about shipping your kids off abroad

Don’t attack Rich Antony. He is to be congratulated for his acknowledgment that having “balls” is not a prerequisite for having brains. His defence of my post,despite our differences on the subject of Brexit,shows a degree of tolerance that I doubt you understand.

Violet1956 - 2019-01-30 7:37 PM

Don’t attack Rich Antony. He is to be congratulated for his acknowledgment that having “balls” is not a prerequisite for having brains. His defence of my post,despite our differences on the subject of Brexit,shows a degree of tolerance that I doubt you understand.

"attack" ... Who the chuffs attacking anyone Veronica ??? ... Where the hell have I attacked Richard ... I know its time for the Oscars but try to keep it real ... As for having "tolerance" I suppose you wanting to ship your kids out of the country is you and them being tolerant

I don't mind Antony having a pop at me, it's all part of the forum, and I have a pop at him too!

Maybe I over reacted a bit but if Veronica doesn't mind why should I!!

So let's all kissy kissy and make up (I'm not kissing Antony!) and live happily ever after!

Tracker - 2019-01-30 7:13 PM

Perhaps if all the male remoaners were castrated it might help?

Charming. Would you be following Bracks suggestion of using radiation to keep it cheap for your new Empire of Little England? Thousands at a time could be dosed. I'm sure Mogg & co would be very impressed.

Hi,

What have we come to on Brexit, is being asked. What have we come to as a Country who allows things to go this far just because of the internal wranglings of the Tory Party and the current non effectiveness in any leadership way of the Labour Party. Up to now all that has happened is that we have demonstrated to all the world that rather than being the Mother of ALL Parliaments we are a laughing stock, governed by 600+MP's who are unable to guide us in any constructive way. I have said it before and will keep saying it, we have far too many people sittinging the Commons and Lords, all too afraid of falling off the gravy train in which case they would lose T's and C's normal people could only dream of.

cheers

derek

derek pringle - 2019-01-31 9:44 AM

Hi,

What have we come to on Brexit, is being asked.

What we have come to is a leaderless country where lots of people are shouting and no-one is listening.

( Everyone else are giving up hope ! )

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-01-31 10:26 AM

derek pringle - 2019-01-31 9:44 AM

Hi,

What have we come to on Brexit, is being asked.

What we have come to is a leaderless country where lots of people are shouting and no-one is listening.

( Everyone else has given up hope ! )

;-)

Wait until day 50 when the Remoaner brigade launches "Project fear......The Final Countdown" 8-) ........

That's when we'll be told Brexiteers will eat Remoaner babies :D ............

Well what else is there left to blame on Brexit? :-S ............

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2019-01-31 11:18 AM

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-30 8:13 PM

Tracker - 2019-01-30 7:13 PM

Perhaps if all the male remoaners were castrated it might help?

Might make them sound a bit different Rich, but make more sense? :-D

That I very much doubt Brian!!

I think Remoaners are slowly becoming Eunuchs 8-)................

Seeing as they're scaremongering is getting shriller everyday :D .........

Archived