What is the appeal of "No Deal"

Bulletguy

Something i wonder about quite why an element of society see "no deal" as their ultimate dream. Are they people living on the poverty line, or people with the least to lose?

After all, the poorest will suffer more than anyone and those who will gain from it are disaster capitalists like Rees-Mogg and co. Why would anyone vote to make themselves and others even poorer for the benefit of the Rees-Moggs of society? What is it with this hair shirt mentality?

No deal has little appeal to me either.

Whatever happens will like as not make very little difference to any of us retired folk with decent secure pensions, homes paid for, and no debt.

However if I were employed, with a young family, a mortgage, credit card debt, car on pcp etc whose employer was reliant on EU trade or it's side effects I would be worried about the effect of a no deal on my familly's lifestyle and short term future, especially as people who have worked and done the right things seem to get very little government support when it all goes pear shaped, even temporarily.

Media scaremongering does not help but I still believe that in the longer term being out of the EU will benefit the UK and a strong UK would benefit the EU much more than the chaos and restrictions the EU seems hell bent on imposing on the UK.

So no, I do not support a no deal scenario, but neither do I support capitulation to the EU control freaks.

Dont ask Bullet. Its like some kind of crazy cult that we mortals cannot ever understand.

It is though really the only true Brexit which is another reason Brexit was a con job. Nobody was talking about such madness in 2016 otherwise leave would never have won. Just look at Rich's comments above. He's a Brexiteer (I think) but didnt vote for this catastrophe.

If we were not prepared to just cut ourselves adrift rather than promising voters the exact same benefits (David Davis) when we left then we never should have had a referendum in the first place or if we did that is what it should have been based upon rather than conning the electorate into thinking otherwise.

Barryd999 - 2019-01-20 7:03 PM

Just look at Rich's comments above. He's a Brexiteer (I think) but didnt vote for this catastrophe.

I don't subscribe to the caricatured portrayal of 'Brexiteer' as used by the media and others - I just happen to believe that in the medium to longer term the UK does not need the EU to be prosperous and financially secure.

How rough the passage is from dependent to independent depends as much on the attitude of the EU in their treatment of the UK in the short term as the competence - or not - of HMG of the day, and for that I am not an optimist.

Guest pelmetman

Nothing wrong with crashing out of the EU B-) .............

We crashed out of the ERM without any warning, the sky didn't fall in, and the Remoaners chum Sorearse screwed the British taxpayer for a billion *-) .........

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-21 3:57 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-20 10:08 PM......……., the sky didn't fall in,

As is endlessly stated. But, what would it take to qualify as "the sky falling in"?

In PelmetLand it will be when he eventually finds he's made himself stateless.....and ends up as an illegal!

Tracker - 2019-01-21 4:30 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-21 3:57 PM

But, what would it take to qualify as "the sky falling in"?

Corbyn winning a general election!

Well that was never going to happen in a million years before Brexit was it? Now its anyones guess what might happen. Scenario one. Brexit goes ahead and it is as catastrophic as many of us thought it would be, Tories get the blame and are finished for a generation. Brexit doesnt happen, Tories get the blame again (see above). The country is now completely fractured and unstable, Tory party could well split and go their separate ways anyway. Its a clusterfck of the highest order and we have tripped the country off its axis. Diane Abbot could end up as PM at this rate. Nobody knows.

Wouldnt it be good if everything just went back to normal?

Barryd999 - 2019-01-21 4:42 PM

It will Barry, it will!

Just as soon as we are out of the EU's clutches, the billions saved can be used initially used to give everyone including big business tax breaks to encourage trade and growth whilst we rebuild our economy, and then and only then, maybe our pensions will be increased and the NHS rebuilt too.

Beware of overhead low flying pink pigs!!!

You really couldnt make this up.

26% of the public are officially as thick as mince, no as thick as porridge. Whats thicker than porridge? Whatever it is, thats how thick they are.

If there was ever any doubt that the public really do not understand Brexit then this poll shows that at least 26% of them really haven't got a clue.

Sky poll

Sample size 7834

Do you know what No Deal Brexit means?

- Exit EU without agreement 63%

- We stay in the EU 26%

- No idea 4%

- Nobody knows 7%

How after all this time can 26% of respondents think "No Deal" means remaining in the EU?

I give up. Im just going to get some popcorn and booze, watch the show and go down with the ship.

Barryd999 - 2019-01-21 5:07 PM

26% of the public are officially as thick as mince, no as thick as porridge. Whats thicker than porridge? Whatever it is, thats how thick they are.

If there was ever any doubt that the public really do not understand Brexit then this poll shows that at least 26% of them really haven't got a clue.

Sky poll

Sample size 7834

- We stay in the EU 26%

- No idea 4%

- Nobody knows 7%

How after all this time can 26% of respondents think "No Deal" means remaining in the EU?

I give up. Im just going to get some popcorn and booze, watch the show and go down with the ship.

Hows about they just have a life and couldn't give a sh!t

Sky poll

C'mon Barry - the clue is in the poll originators name - Sky - might just as well have been The Sun!!

People are thick, I could give you some examples but I would not want to offend anyone on here!

Thicker than porridge - always used to be pigsh#t - which about sums up many remoaners dunnit!!

Not that I mean you of course!!

Tracker - 2019-01-21 4:52 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-01-21 4:42 PM

It will Barry, it will!

Just as soon as we are out of the EU's clutches, the billions saved can be used initially used to give everyone including big business tax breaks to encourage trade and growth whilst we rebuild our economy, and then and only then, maybe our pensions will be increased and the NHS rebuilt too.

Now that really is parallel universe thinking. Have you been living in a cave the past couple of years? UK has spent billions more than what it would have cost to remain with the EU. Businesses are fleeing the UK daily, £800 billion quids worth of banking relocated to Frankfurt, and as for the "rebuilding" the NHS.....you mean privatisation which Tories have been hankering to do for years and the US will be more than glad to jump in with a few disaster capitalists.

There is that inconvenient matter of "350m a week" lie on the Brexit bus though....to which all Brexiters will be held to account over.

antony1969 - 2019-01-21 5:19 PM

Sky poll

Sample size 7834

- We stay in the EU 26%

- No idea 4%

- Nobody knows 7%

I have a life thanks but I know what no deal means.

Do you not find it concerning that 26% of our population after two and a half years think "no deal" is remaining in the EU? Maybe Sky polled seven thousand retards I dunno but come on!

They should maybe hand Brexit over to a citizens assembly. Thats about 500 people who decide what happens. As long as they arent the ones that took part in that poll or Dave.

Barryd999 - 2019-01-21 6:56 PM

Sky poll

Sample size 7834

- We stay in the EU 26%

- No idea 4%

- Nobody knows 7%

Do you not find it concerning that 26% of our population after two and a half years think "no deal" is remaining in the EU? Maybe Sky polled seven thousand retards I dunno but come on!

Not surprising given that some wanted to know where the EU is. :-|

That just clearly backs up what I posted, they dont know what the feck they want.

"More Britons (28 percent) believe Theresa May should get ready to leave the European Union on World Trade Organisation terms than any other option, though the study found no single route received anywhere close to a majority. The research by ICM found a second referendum is the next most popular option, with 24 percent of respondents thinking the Prime Minister should start making preparations for another vote. One in five of those surveyed said Brexit should be delayed by seeking an extension to Article 50 while 18 percent thought Mrs May should re-open talks with Brussels and push for a “harder Brexit deal”"

Considering according to the Sky poll 26% think leaving with no deal means remaining perhaps they are getting confused again Dave. 28% is hardly something to get excited about especially if a good proportion of those dont actually know what it means.

All thats happened in two and a half years is just more confusion. Virtually nobody really understands Brexit or the implications. Whichever bell end it was that thought it was a good idea to ask the fecking Audience wants stringing up.

Barryd999 - 2019-01-21 6:56 PM

Sky poll

Sample size 7834

- We stay in the EU 26%

- No idea 4%

- Nobody knows 7%

I have a life thanks but I know what no deal means.

They should maybe hand Brexit over to a citizens assembly. Thats about 500 people who decide what happens. As long as they arent the ones that took part in that poll or Dave.

I dont find it concerning at all ... They've chosen obviously to bother with Brexit as much as they do ... Its a choice thing Barry ... Think your being a little patronising like you were about Sunderland types t'other day

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-21 11:34 PM

All thats happened in two and a half years is just more confusion. Virtually nobody really understands Brexit or the implications. Whichever bell end it was that thought it was a good idea to ask the fecking Audience wants stringing up.

All that's happened after 2 and a half years of Remoaner belly aching, the polls show no ones changed their mind ;-) ..............

Time for you Remoaners to accept you LOST the vote *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-01-22 8:36 AM

All that's happened after 2 and a half years of Remoaner belly aching, the polls show no ones changed their mind ;-) ..............

Not quite. I think they clearly show some have but not many but then as Antony says clearly not many people are Brexit engaged so why would they change their minds? If 26% think no deal means remaining in the EU they havent really being paying attention have they? Perhaps a new campaign where they are asked to vote again will focus them a bit and maybe they might learn a bit and see some sense.

pelmetman - 2019-01-22 8:36 AM

Exactly what has your "win" brought? You seem obsessed over "win/lose" as though it's a game.

Archived