What those 52% voted for

Barryd999

People say Brexiteers didnt know what they were voting for but perhaps they did. It seems the vast majority voted to leave the EU with a deal. Back in 2016 a poll was run by yougov shortly after the neverendum and only 17% of leave voters wanted a clean break with the vast majority wanting the great deal we were promised way back then. What is also interesting is a good number of leave voters (not much less than those who wanted no deal) actually hoped for an associated membership such as a Norway type deal or single market and customs union type membership. 13% wanted that.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217423970945563&set=a.1297089001666&type=3&theater

You would think that now with all the facts we know now about how damaging a no deal would be even more leavers would be wanting a deal but actually amongst the "cult" who are generally the only ones left ranting about it online I think that resolve has hardened.

It seems though that a silent majority of leave voters do not want a no deal Brexit. Doris and Cummings must know this so what is their plan then because leaving with nothing will only please a very small minority?

It is clear that leave voters did know what they were voting for and it wasn't this.

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-09-01 10:40 AM

This is probably the most accurate demolition of the Brexit myth and reflects Pelmethead and co's current stance "yes the PM lied to me but I'm loving it because it is upsetting people like you - that's the thing to celebrate."

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/james-obriens-electrifying-monologue-on-the-lies-o/

Nah.......That's just another Brexit bonus (lol) (lol) (lol) ........... >:-) .........

This is probably the most accurate demolition of the Brexit myth and reflects Pelmethead and co's current stance "yes the PM lied to me but I'm loving it because it is upsetting people like you - that's the thing to celebrate."

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/james-obriens-electrifying-monologue-on-the-lies-o/

Its crazy isn't it? I think however online at least its quite hard to get to that 62% in that poll who wanted a good deal and thats been the problem. Online your left debating with the 17% Brexit at any cost brigade who are exactly the ones that James is talking about. I do not think they represent the majority of Brexiteers though, they just make the most noise. I suspect out of that 13% that were extremely soft Brexiteers most of them will be the small percentage that would now probably vote remain especially now given the stark choices we are now facing. I think that 62% are switched off, not really bothered, just want it over etc. Its a pity (for them) as they are in for a rude awakening. A vote on the final deal or no deal vs remain would have focused a good percentage of them I suspect.

So really where we are heading is being driven by a few bonkers politicians with their own agenda who are in a small minority in parliament and a similar small minority of brexit at any cost Brexiteers who it seems are quite willing to ruin their lives just to get one over on the likes of us. Jeeesaz, they must really hate us. (lol)

Perfectly summed up.

747 - 2019-09-01 12:41 PM

So, after finding your new source of information will the OAL three (Baz, Bull and Prat) now go back on their opinion that all Leavers are racist, thick, stupid, little Englanders? :-D

What new source of information? Can you show me where I have ever said ALL leavers are racist, thick, stupid little Englanders? I bet you can't. If there were some Racist, thick, stupid little Englanders I bet they voted for Brexit though. If anything I just kind of defended the majority of Brexiteers as its clear the cult members which will be the 17% in that poll are probably the ones that show the properties above you mention. 63% who as I said are now pretty much silent probably voted to leave with the best of intentions admittedly having swallowed a load of guff from the Leave campaign from everything from the Pasty of independence to the sh1te written on the side of a bus. 13% of them were clearly on the fence.

The trouble is we dont get to hear from sensible Brexiteers (present company accepted of course), they are just not represented.

Barryd999 - 2019-09-01 3:44 PM

747 - 2019-09-01 12:41 PM

So, after finding your new source of information will the OAL three (Baz, Bull and Prat) now go back on their opinion that all Leavers are racist, thick, stupid, little Englanders? :-D

What new source of information? Can you show me where I have ever said ALL leavers are racist, thick, stupid little Englanders? I bet you can't. If there were some Racist, thick, stupid little Englanders I bet they voted for Brexit though. If anything I just kind of defended the majority of Brexiteers as its clear the cult members which will be the 17% in that poll are probably the ones that show the properties above you mention. 63% who as I said are now pretty much silent probably voted to leave with the best of intentions admittedly having swallowed a load of guff from the Leave campaign from everything from the Pasty of independence to the sh1te written on the side of a bus. 13% of them were clearly on the fence.

The trouble is we dont get to hear from sensible Brexiteers (present company accepted of course), they are just not represented.

An oft quoted quote on many forums was. not all Brexiteers are racist.....but all racists voted Brexit which stacks up. After all why would racists or xenophobes vote to retain FOM, and immigration played a major part in how Cummings 'sold' Brexit to those who voted for it.

Barryd999 - 2019-09-01 10:30 AM

People say Brexiteers didnt know what they were voting for but perhaps they did. It seems the vast majority voted to leave the EU with a deal. Back in 2016 a poll was run by yougov shortly after the neverendum and only 17% of leave voters wanted a clean break with the vast majority wanting the great deal we were promised way back then. What is also interesting is a good number of leave voters (not much less than those who wanted no deal) actually hoped for an associated membership such as a Norway type deal or single market and customs union type membership. 13% wanted that.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217423970945563&set=a.1297089001666&type=3&theater

You would think that now with all the facts we know now about how damaging a no deal would be even more leavers would be wanting a deal but actually amongst the "cult" who are generally the only ones left ranting about it online I think that resolve has hardened.

It seems though that a silent majority of leave voters do not want a no deal Brexit. Doris and Cummings must know this so what is their plan then because leaving with nothing will only please a very small minority?

It is clear that leave voters did know what they were voting for and it wasn't this.

People say.... you mean some who vote remain say...

You have said that what we all voted on was a pack of lies...

Silent majority...who are they.

jumpstart - 2019-09-01 5:06 PM

The silent majority of Leave voters in the poll. 63% of them wanted a deal with the EU. The great deal that would be the easiest deal in history I presume as that is how it was sold. Really considering how well it was sold I am surprised the majority voting to leave was not higher. We were promised all the same benefits while still being able to leave and do our own thing. That was of course one of the biggest lies told. You yourself say you didnt mind the common market so in effect would be I presume one of that 63% who were open to a good deal with the EU which of course would come at some kind of price be it paying in or accepting maybe freedom of movement.

These are the type of Brexiteers we do not hear from. The silent majority. Hardly anyone was talking about leaving with no deal. In fact the words often banded about were "nobody" is talking about leaving with no deal.

Barryd999 - 2019-09-01 6:14 PM

The silent majority of Leave voters in the poll. 63% of them wanted a deal with the EU. The great deal that would be the easiest deal in history I presume as that is how it was sold. Really considering how well it was sold I am surprised the majority voting to leave was not higher. We were promised all the same benefits while still being able to leave and do our own thing. That was of course one of the biggest lies told. You yourself say you didnt mind the common market so in effect would be I presume one of that 63% who were open to a good deal with the EU which of course would come at some kind of price be it paying in or accepting maybe freedom of movement.

These are the type of Brexiteers we do not hear from. The silent majority. Hardly anyone was talking about leaving with no deal. In fact the words often banded about were "nobody" is talking about leaving with no deal.

Barry, you incessant digs at Leavers, even when you are answering a sensible question, has turned you into an obnoxious, pretentious prat. You are still assuming we are all thick with those comments. Part of me wants to see a no deal Brexit just to aggravate you and others like you.

You were right when you said the divisions will last a long time ... but you are responsible for opening the wounds that will not heal. Your smartarse comments have upset a lot of people.

747 - 2019-09-01 7:15 PM

Barry, you incessant digs at Leavers, even when you are answering a sensible question, has turned you into an obnoxious, pretentious prat. You are still assuming we are all thick with those comments. Part of me wants to see a no deal Brexit just to aggravate you and others like you.

You were right when you said the divisions will last a long time ... but you are responsible for opening the wounds that will not heal. Your smartarse comments have upset a lot of people.

Sometimes the truth hurts maybe huh? There is nothing I can see in what I posted above that I would call obnoxious or that assumes you are all thick. I suspect though the reason so many Brexiteers are so angry is they know they have been duped into believing all the sh1te they were fed about the EU and also the sh1te they were promised during the referendum campaign and having that pointed out on a regular basis by remainers like me must be upsetting.

Im not taking responsibility though, feck that for a game of soldiers. We spent over three years and before the referendum telling you it was all a crock of sh1te and now your saying you want a no deal just to aggravate people like me! (lol) I couldnt give a toss now. The people get what they deserve and if they are going to be that stubborn and shoot themselves in the face just because those pesky remoaners got on their tits then they really are sh1t thick.

Barryd999 - 2019-09-01 10:54 PM

Sometimes the truth hurts maybe huh? There is nothing I can see in what I posted above that I would call obnoxious or that assumes you are all thick. I suspect though the reason so many Brexiteers are so angry is they know they have been duped into believing all the sh1te they were fed about the EU and also the sh1te they were promised during the referendum campaign and having that pointed out on a regular basis by remainers like me must be upsetting.

Im not taking responsibility though, feck that for a game of soldiers. We spent over three years and before the referendum telling you it was all a crock of sh1te and now your saying you want a no deal just to aggravate people like me! (lol) I couldnt give a toss now. The people get what they deserve and if they are going to be that stubborn and shoot themselves in the face just because those pesky remoaners got on their tits then they really are sh1t thick.

Oh I am angry alright. Angry at a Government incapable of doing their job and getting us out of the EU.

The only crock of s**te is you and your incessant moaning, whinging and smartarse talk. You are a complete spineless, moaning git and have been getting on peoples nerves for a long time. If we end up with a Corbyn Government then I will blame you and the other spineless snowflakes who helped him.

You think you know it all and in reality you are just acting like a spoilt child, with an attitude to match. You have gobbed off plenty and nobody will forget that. I once thought you were a good sort but you are just a mouthy, opinionated idiot with a high opinion of himself. I have had it with you, roll on Brexit (just to spite you personally).

747 - 2019-09-01 11:49 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-09-01 10:54 PM

Oh I am angry alright. Angry at a Government incapable of doing their job and getting us out of the EU.

The only crock of s**te is you and your incessant moaning, whinging and smartarse talk. You are a complete spineless, moaning git and have been getting on peoples nerves for a long time. If we end up with a Corbyn Government then I will blame you and the other spineless snowflakes who helped him.

You think you know it all and in reality you are just acting like a spoilt child, with an attitude to match. You have gobbed off plenty and nobody will forget that. I once thought you were a good sort but you are just a mouthy, opinionated idiot with a high opinion of himself. I have had it with you, roll on Brexit (just to spite you personally).

Getting on peoples nerves like you you mean? Why should I give a toss what you and others like you think? You continually show your true colours which harbour a really nasty red mist personality where you over and over again throw your toys out of the pram and flounce off but not before you start throwing the insults around. Ive lost count how many times you have done it now. Some of the stuff you came out with on FACTS was disgraceful. If we end up with a Corbyn government it will be nobody's fault but yours and others like you who backed this s**tfest that is Brexit. Its Brexit that has divided a nation and Brexit that has seen our democracy torn to shreds and Brexit that will ruin this once great country of ours. Why do you think I am so against it?

You might call it moaning and whinging I call it protesting against a massive act of self harm. Clearly I hit the nail on the head with my last post looking at the rage and venom in your reply. With friends like you who needs enemies eh?

Anyway, back on topic *-) take a look at this chart. It certainly makes interesting reading now. Clearly back in 2016 Brexiteers really did believe nobody was threatening our place in the single market whereas reamainers suspected only too well we would likely lose it.

https://miro.medium.com/max/2138/1*6w5f3saWFEbo5qAFtXn2bQ.png

So there it is in one thread. Evidence that proves the vast majority of leavers want (or at least wanted) a deal and the vast majority of those leavers really thought we would have our cake and eat it proving once again that there is no mandate for the direction we are going in. Of course there is this new idea also proved tonight and recently on here that some want no deal now just to piss of remainers which is odd as its them and their families that will suffer the consequences.

You do realise that if Doris and his chums in the ERG group and the DUP had voted for Mays deal on the second reading it would have passed?

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-09-02 8:57 AM

You do realise that if Doris and his chums in the ERG group and the DUP had voted for Mays deal on the second reading it would have passed?

You do realise that if Labour had voted for it? ;-) ...........

We wouldn't be heading for a No Deal? (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47748806

jumpstart - 2019-09-02 7:38 AM

If the 17 million people are all gullible and believed a crock of s**t, how would we know the above is not a crock of s**t as well.

Well I dont think there is any doubt whatsoever that most leavers believed we would get a great deal going by that graph and the yougov poll on page 1. Most wanted a deal, only 17% did not. You either chose to believe what was promised or you didnt I guess. Trouble is we are three years on and facing down the barrel of a type of Brexit clearly hardly anyone wanted or voted for.

All I ever wanted was the chance for the public to be made aware of that and given the option to go ahead or not. I think had we got a great deal then you could justify just going ahead with it but we have not so where is the mandate for leaving without said deal?

pelmetman - 2019-09-02 9:24 AM

Brexit was the Tories idea, with promises of them needing us more than we need them, easiest deal in history....

Why do you think that Labour should support it in any form?

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-09-02 10:16 AM

pelmetman - 2019-09-02 9:24 AM

Brexit was the Tories idea, with promises of them needing us more than we need them, easiest deal in history....

Why do you think that Labour should support it in any form?

Because "your" voters voted for it.......and they campaigned at the last election saying they would respect the result of the referendum *-) ..............

Why do you think "your" voters should vote Labour again when Corbyn obviously LIED to them last time? >:-)

Nobody, I'll say it again, nobody wanted that utterly disgraceful and appalling deal. Has nobody learned that appeasement does not work? It didn't work for Chamberlain in 1939 and 80 years later it is happening again.

That's what you get with spineless appeasing Politicians.

Archived