What to do in lockdown....

jumpstart

I can’t sit here looking at this site all day........my wife says. What are you going to do today. Well it’s pissing down with rain so it’s indoors then.

I was looking at some lists like learn a language, write some music......

One said” degutter your home”......what ...it’s raining ,why would I do that? Then I realised it said “de clutter”

So what is everybody doing?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jumpstart - 2020-04-30 9:19 AM

I can’t sit here looking at this site all day........my wife says. What are you going to do today. Well it’s pissing down with rain so it’s indoors then.

One said” degutter your home”......what ...it’s raining ,why would I do that? Then I realised it said “de clutter”

Write some music you say? Are you a fellow Muso then? I thought I would have written all sorts since the lock down as most of the stuff I write is music to slash your wrists to but nothing. Nothing has come out. Song writers block.

"learn a language" ... Start with English

Barryd999 - 2020-04-30 11:54 AM

Write some music you say? Are you a fellow Muso then? I thought I would have written all sorts since the lock down as most of the stuff I write is music to slash your wrists to but nothing. Nothing has come out. Song writers block.

The music you write , the posts you make etc etc you could quite easily "slash your wrists to" it all ... Perma-gloom

I sit and think about how fortunate I am.

I have a lovely wife, a nice warm home with a pleasant garden and good neighbours, as many gadgets to play with as I wish, good secure pensions, and my 'freedom from fears' wants are all banished.

So much to be thankful for in exchange for so little inconvenience.

We are indeed a fortunate nation.

Tracker - 2020-04-30 12:03 PM

I sit and think about how fortunate I am.

I have a lovely wife, a nice warm home with a pleasant garden and good neighbours, as many gadgets to play with as I wish, good secure pensions, and my 'freedom from fears' wants are all banished.

So much to be thankful for in exchange for so little inconvenience.

Got me crying ... Beautiful ... Just beautiful

In my younger days I did write a lot of poetry, mostly to put to existing songs. Going through some of Pink Floyds past concerts at the mo.

Birdbrain - 2020-04-30 12:01 PM

That did make me laugh,but even if it was in English you wouldn’t understand it.

jumpstart - 2020-04-30 12:52 PM

In my younger days I did write a lot of poetry, mostly to put to existing songs. Going through some of Pink Floyds past concerts at the mo.

If you have anything (song lyrics, poetry) especially if its Pink Floydish then post it or PM it if you want. I can always see if I can put some music to it.

Birdbrain - 2020-04-30 12:03 PM

The music you write , the posts you make etc etc you could quite easily "slash your wrists to" it all ... Perma-gloom

Nonsense!! I can do upbeat. Remember this? Your in it dancing around 53 seconds and Dave Pelmet with his Blue Nun at 1:24.

EDIT: Your in it again at 1:50! (lol)

Never miss a birdbrained opportunity to insult someone!

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

jumpstart - 2020-04-30 2:42 PM

Tracker - 2020-04-30 1:31 PM

That did make me laugh, but even if it were in English you wouldn’t understand it.

????

That was a reply to Birdbath.

Being from the planel Guarno where they only speak Guarno I doubt he would understand.

I’ve just spent the last few hours plotting trips in the van......

Anglesey Coast Path

Cleavland way on the York Moors.

Coast path Penzance to St Ives.

Saints way,Fowey to Padstow.

Offa’s Dyke( last 40 miles)

...just hope there’s going to be enough months of the year left to do them.

StuartO - 2020-04-30 2:35 PM

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Humours wasted on the drips Stuart

Tracker - 2020-04-30 2:52 PM

jumpstart - 2020-04-30 2:42 PM

Tracker - 2020-04-30 1:31 PM

That did make me laugh, but even if it were in English you wouldn’t understand it.

????

That was a reply to Birdbath.

Being from the planel Guarno where they only speak Guarno I doubt he would understand.

"planel Guarno" ... Thats in Wales or somewhere is it ???

Tracker - 2020-04-30 12:51 PM

I make a point of not taking credit for being compassionate but some of us do a bit more than not forgetting

Haven't you forgotten something here

Tracker - 2020-04-30 12:03 PM

Wrote this earlier this afternoon after reading this thread. I'm no poet or anything and not much of a song writer.

What have you become

Your world has come undone

What’s the total for today

Turn away inside

your own way to survive

what’s the total for today

I cant believe its real

What truth is to believe

But somewhere your alive

In a world that will revive

See the warrior with his gun

Where’s he gonna run

The rich man hordes his gold

Still slain before he’s old

The old man takes a walk

All our leaders do is talk

To justify what’s real

In a world that’s now surreal

but through the mists of time

Our lives seemed so sublime

What lessons will we learn

When the tide begins to turn

Our mother she found a way

The price we now must pay

Thats it so far. Feel free to add a verse or something

Just need to put some music to it really. Probably be some Nirvana type sound, acoustic maybe, dunno till it just comes out.

Archived