Whats happening at XMAS

michele

In your world ..

Us we are staying at home as we dont have £840 to insure the little un for a christmas holiday :'( so its just decorate the tree and be happy we have each other ;-) Off to watch a load of xmas plays and her school has a massive church full sized inside the school wonderful.

Some nice person gave her a rosary the other week just walked up and said i would like her to have this made me cry.

Its now hanging in her bedroom pride of place hows that .

That's lovely Michele - just goes to show there are some nice people left in this world after all.

We will be spending Christmas with our elder son, his wife and our 2 beautiful grandchildren. We missed them like crazy last year when we visited our youngest and his wife in Dubai - a wonderful experience, for a change, but Christmas doesn't have the same feel without the "little people". We are taking them to Lapland New Forest in December - just for the magic of it - worth looking at their website, to get in the mood for the season.

:->

Always spend xmas at home. our friend is away on a round the world trip until march.

so we are having her mother who is 94yrs for xmas day.she still as bright as a button and such good fun.

will stock up on beer and wine. and relax

Eat,drink,sleep then eat ,drink,sleep then eat ,drink ,sleep

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Can,t imagine a Christmas away from home without family and friends to share the festive spirit. It still holds all that magic, even after all these years, although my excuse lies with with making it special for the children, if only to hide my own excitement. Such a shame all that goodwill is so shortlived, and perhaps we should spare a thought for those not so fortunate and who live alone. Young or old, we all know someone in this position and our own contribution is to always have a elderly neighbour we know quite well around for Christmas dinner. Ends up that she stays well into the evening, but its always a pleasure to have her, and the very thought of her sat there all alone on Christmas day would shame me. That extra place at the table is neither here nor there, but it makes a heck of a difference for those less fortunate.

• 3 weeks later...

please don't go to lap land new forest it is awful!!!!

please read reviews on the internet b4 makin ur decision went today rip off.

After reading thread i thought everyone should b warned. if u dont believe me read this

http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/home-living-541/house-garden-194/days-out-365/229664-lapland-new-forest-2.html

a better option is somewhere like paultons way cheaper

Archived