Whats wrong with travelling to second home?

John52

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-04-15 6:46 AM

So if BoJo can travel to his second home (Chequers), whats wrong with us doing the same?

How annoyed the ranting left must be that Boris survived COVID19 :D ...........

pelmetman - 2020-04-15 9:17 AM

So if BoJo can travel to his second home (Chequers), whats wrong with us doing the same?

Would you be saying that if Dianne Abbot was in charge of this mess *-)

Just annoyed he obviously doesn't practice what he preaches, because he caught it then went to his second home.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-04-15 9:24 AM

pelmetman - 2020-04-15 9:17 AM

Would you be saying that if Dianne Abbot was in charge of this mess *-)

Just annoyed he obviously doesn't practice what he preaches, because he caught it then went to his second home.

If Dianne Abbot and Corbyn was in charge we'd be deffo be in the cack 8-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-04-15 9:59 AM

If Dianne Abbot and Corbyn was in charge we'd be deffo be in the cack 8-) .........

Possibly, but its not deffo till its done

Like we are deffo in the cack now with the clown in charge even catching it himself

Like any other citizen he has a reasonable excuse to go to a second home in the country. Who would begrudge anyone of any station in life who has been what he has been through? Those locals in Cornwall and elsewhere who set themselves up as judge and jury over incomers may do well not to assume any other second home owners don’t have such an excuse. I have a mate who is ensconced in her second home in Cornwall after being stranded there before the lockdown. She has given up her London place near St. Thomas’ Hospital to an ICU nurse. Time we all stopped judging others based on limited facts.

Violet1956 - 2020-04-15 5:55 PM

Like any other citizen he has a reasonable excuse to go to a second home in the country. Who would begrudge anyone of any station in life who has been what he has been through? Those locals in Cornwall and elsewhere who set themselves up as judge and jury over incomers may do well not to assume any other second home owners don’t have such an excuse. I have a mate who is ensconced in her second home in Cornwall after being stranded there before the lockdown. She has given up her London place near St. Thomas’ Hospital to an ICU nurse. Time we all stopped judging others based on limited facts.

Limited facts never stopped the squad before ... I'd like to make an excuse for the China Virus and say its brought the worst out in some folk but that wouldnt be true ... They were vile before ... Think most on here who I mean ... Disgraceful , folk are dying and they are attempting to point score

Birdbrain - 2020-04-15 6:07 PM

Limited facts never stopped the squad before ... I'd like to make an excuse for the China Virus and say its brought the worst out in some folk but that wouldnt be true ... They were vile before ... Think most on here who I mean ... Disgraceful , folk are dying and they are attempting to point score

You have just described Trump to a “T”.

jumpstart - 2020-04-15 6:42 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-04-15 6:07 PM

You have just described Trump to a “T”.

As always you are wrong ... Its actually 'to a tee' ... Move on and hate on

John52 - 2020-04-15 10:39 AM

pelmetman - 2020-04-15 9:59 AM

Possibly, but its not deffo till its done

Like we are deffo in the cack now with the clown in charge even catching it himself

If 'clowns' are more susceptible to the virus you must be really worried at this time. :'(

Yawn yawn yawn usual childish bickering.

To answer original question, second homes are inevitably in rural areas, which inevitably have limited health facilities, so inevitably can't cope with an influx of potentially infected people from cities.

Conrad - 2020-04-15 10:48 PM

To answer original question, second homes are inevitably in rural areas, which inevitably have limited health facilities, so inevitably can't cope with an influx of potentially infected people from cities.

Actually the main hospital in Cornwall has reported it is 'quiet'

And I'm seeing ambulances parked up in beauty spots as the crews have nothing to do.

Its the ones in cities where the virus spreads that are likely to be the most busy

Because they don't have 700 miles of almost empty coastline to walk in.

Do you ever check your facts before posting them, or is it all ill-informed opinion?

Primary homes are in rural areas for some with second homes in the city.

Like any other citizen he has a reasonable excuse to go to a second home in the country. Who would begrudge anyone of any station in life who has been what he has been through?

Over 1200 so far who have rung Cornwall Council's snitch line to report people in second homes. That figure does not include calls to Devon & Cornwall Police who say they are 'inundated' with them

I saw 'please go home' written on the window of a holiday home, and in Port Isaac a letter signed by a local polotician (who depends on Nimby votes) tied to lamp posts asking second home owners (who have no vote in that constituency) to go 'home'.

It seems to have brought to the surface the simmering resentment against second home owners.

Rather like the ones trying to settle old scores by dobbing their neighbour into the snitch line for going out for exercise twice in one day (not illegal but BoJo sowed more confusion by suggesting it was)

I get that some people can afford several homes whilst others can't afford one, but thats a different issue of inequality.

And I get that house prices are too high, but thats largely becuse of local nimbys opposing every development and restricting supply - but of course they don't blame themselves.

Lots of nice people in Cornwall though, they are not all like that.

Like everywhere else, I have found young persons always friendly and positive to me in my camper van.

Its only a tiny minority of people - and always old people, who moan. :-S

Guest pelmetman

Not correct ;-) .............

There are several in our road in Weymouth :D ..........

John 52 - To have gleaned all this information you appear to be out and about in the South West.

How else would you know about ambulances currently parked up in lay-bys etc?

Down here it is common practice to have ambulances 'strategically placed' because of the distance between hospitals - it's like that all the time.

Can you confirm that you are at home isolating - or are you actually travelling about at present?

In which case the question should be - Is it wrong to be travelling in your 'second home'?

I guess you don't consider going to a second home or travelling around any worse than defecating in a bag and putting it in a public bin?

I have it on reliable authority that 60% of those currently in hospital at Treliske with CV symptoms are not local residents.

As regards 'simmering resentment' I think that applies to you on any subject and on a daily basis - your life seems fuelled by the opportunity to moan about anything and everything - of course that usually comes over as total bo**ocks.

As it would from anyone so obsessed and bitter.

globebuster - 2020-04-16 11:19 AM

defecating in a bag and putting it in a public bin?

I have always made it clear it is a dog waste bin

But you have to change it to public bin to make it sound worse

The fact that you do this is why I won't tell you what I'm doing

Because I know you will only change that to make it sound worse as well

Just like you do to others

globebuster - 2020-04-16 11:19 AM

I have it on reliable authority that 60% of those currently in hospital at Treliske with CV symptoms are not local residents.

And how many Residents of Cornwall have gone outside Cornwall? - should they be sent back too *-)

Archived