When is this rain going to stop?

nightrider

knight of the road - 2009-05-19 7:53 PM

J9withdogs - 2009-05-19 7:49 PM

It's because my Mom's on holiday - whoopeedoo, can't wait for her report on how awful it was *-)

Oh you are awful, poor old mum

Oh no...she loves a good a good moan (lol)

On thursday evening, 8pm no matter what the weather we are hitting the road and heading north on the M6, dont know where we are going just following our nose, not booked in anywhere, basically we are heading in the Barnard Castle direction.

We will stay the night on the southbound Tebay services, I know a lot of the sniffy members will say 'oh, we dont stay on the services' we are too posh, but I will stay anywhere, need to call into a particular shop in Kirkby Steven and need to take some pics of the old army camp on the road to Raby Castle for a guy in Canada that did his basic army training there.

So basically it is a case of.... were off were off, fifty cops are chasing after us and we dont know where we are. so lets see what happens?

J9withdogs - 2009-05-19 7:58 PM

knight of the road - 2009-05-19 7:53 PM

J9withdogs - 2009-05-19 7:49 PM

It's because my Mom's on holiday - whoopeedoo, can't wait for her report on how awful it was *-)

Oh you are awful, poor old mum

Oh no...she loves a good a good moan (lol)

Well she certainly has got a lot to moan about this week.

Ruddy nuisance all this rain! Trying to do some gardening and decided to move a load of paving stones, which were set in the lawn, out a bit more away from the flower beds to save having to dogs the plants. Got marooned in the workshops for 15 minutes at one point due to a deluge, then dodging it all afternoon, made the ground nice and soft though for hoiking out the pavers and cutting new places for them in the grass. :-D Took ages though so now well kn*ckered! :-(

Meant the dogs couldn't 'help' either ... oh no, I didn't need muddy dogs too thank you, anyway Lily's feeling very sorry for herself ... had her spayed today ... so she's very dejected looking and bewildered by it all, poor little mite!!! :-(

I have stopped my work on the gardens for the next couple of weeks till the weather sorts itself out and concentrated on some work in my own garden, I have improved the area where I park my camper up, moved a garden shed about 6' further back.

Instead of taking the shed down I jacked it up and put rollers under it and gently pushed it into its new position easy peasy.

I now just reverse back to the shed, the reversing sensors that I fitted to the van some weeks ago are an absolute boon, no fear of bumping the van, so while it was raining I went up to B&Q and bought all the burst bags of cement that you get for half price and with my diamond card I got a further 10% off so it was a good deal then I went down to the builders merchant and got a rake of building sand, B&Q's sand is rubbish, so depending on tomorrows weather its a case of hey ho and away we go with the cement mixer.

Well it's biblical here at the moment. I'm not exaggerating, hang on a minute, I think I can see Noah sailing on by.

This is depressing, it really is. Sorry guys for being such a misery at the moment but a trip to the dentist earlier isn't helping.

Martyn :-(

Yep another sunny day! Even better the wind has dropped and the temperature is reading 21degrees now.

Sorry if yours isn't so good, but it seems that this bottom SE quarter is doing ok at the moment.

Bas

Currently working from home and the weather is good here. Forecast for weekend is 19 degrees and sunny so looks like I will have no excuses and have to mow the green stuff (not nice enough to call a lawn). Weather has been changeable here, p****d down Monday & Tuesday, cloudy and few splashes yesterday but there is always a bright light somewhere - isn't there foxy :D

Surprise, surprise the weather is lovely here at the moment, it said in the paper today that we are going to have a nice weekend.

Not worried about the weather, if its nice that will be a bonus, going away tonight until monday not booked in anywhere just going out on spec, so lets see what happens?

Usinmyknaus - 2009-05-21 1:18 PM

Foxy, you're just trying to annoy us, aren't you?

Bob :-S

Noop just telling you as it is. Now I`m off to cool down the inside with a pint of lager at 1euro a pint. (lol) (lol)

Archived