Who does multiple vehicle insurance

Wingpete

Any ideas of where to search for a vehicle insurer who will give cover for several vehicles owned by one person.

It is obvious that you can only drive one at a time, and the rest of the time, the others sit idle in the garage, thus the collision accident risk is vastly reduced.

I have to buy separate insurance for 4 vehicles, darned expensive.

Another reason for supporting the move to remove road fund licence fees to fuel tax.

Pay as you use. (^)

I too have this problem.

The VW is with a special company because its 8 seats they think you will do hire & reward which I know some people do . That's equity Redstar.

The M/H

The Volvo

My daughters car which is in my name until she is allowed to build up no claims with Direct line .

It all get very confusing .

Hi,

Er....ahem.... I once managed to get motor traders insurance with AXA for £500pa. They offered me fully comp for my wife and myself, and drive anything else that we had licences for. But I settled for TPF&T for myself, my wife, and my 23 year old son who was at Uni in London (but did a bit of trading). We were all listed as policyholders on the three certificates. We could all drive any vehicle. I was very open about what I was going to do. The £500 peremium included traders liability. But the following year they changed the wording on the certificates, to "any vehicle for motor trade only". I wonder why?

My Daughters insurance came in yesterday a stagering 789.

I phoned and said why has it gone up. They reduced it .

Whilst on the phone I asked would you give me a discount if I wee to move all my vehicles excepting the M/H to you as I don't think Direct Line do M/H yet .LOL yes came the reply . Turns out I will save over £300 per year if we move em all. So I will. and I can even move the 8 seater Caravell as they now recognise that familys are getting BIGGER as at one time I had to have it insured with Equity Redstar I think they think with 8 seats living next door to stanstead you might do the Airport runs's.

Ha Ha it did cross my mind Te He.........Off to Dirct line and because the house insurance contents with them more money off....well i,m doing well wondered what that itch was on my right hand .... ;-)

Hi,

Many years ago, when you dealt direct with the insurer, you could lean on them for a better quote by threatening to take ALL your other business elsewhere. Computers don't frighten so easy.

My son's mate's father was into vehicle logistics. He had an insurance policy that allowed him to authorise ANY body to drive ANY vehicle. Mind you, I think his premium was quite expensive.

Archived