Why Johnson was and still is unfit to be PM

Bulletguy

Boris Johnson has a habit of delaying tough choices. In a pandemic, it's lethal

Johnson’s dysfunctional governing style escalates the difficulty of already hard choices. He likes the idea of following science more than the policies mandated by scientific rigour. He lurches between complacency and panic. He agrees with Rishi Sunak that the economy must stay open, but also with Matt Hancock that people must stay at home.

Johnson’s technique for dealing with problems is to let them run out of control, building to a point of sufficient crisis that delay is no longer viable. That way the choice becomes perversely easier because there are fewer options left. Wait long enough and there might be only one.

That is how he has dealt with Brexit. He imagines that brinkmanship is a negotiating strategy to wring concessions out of Brussels, but in reality it is just a way to simplify the decision by eliminating options that needed time to develop. He lets procrastination do the heavy lifting. He can then tell himself (and his audience) that the final outcome, while not perfect, is the best availabe solution. And maybe it is. But only because it is so late in the day and all the better solutions have long since expired.

It is a chaotic way to run anything: leaving it all to the last minute, relying on a critical mass of external pressure to get motivated. As a way of governing in a pandemic it is disastrous because there is no slack time between deadlines.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/dec/15/boris-johnson-pandemic-britain-christmas-covid

LOL! Blinded by Dogma. You dont think the Brexiteers and "New Baby Tories" from oop Norf were not blinded by Dogma putting a moron like Johnson in as PM to "Get Brexit done"? Its about time they dropped the "Dogma" and saw the emperors clothes for what they are. They got Brexit (Well a kind of "Meh" version of it) so they dont need to pretend anymore that the person they elected to get it done is not a total self obsessed moron whos actions, or none actions half the time have probably been responsible for the untimely deaths of thousands of people.

I think its a good summary of Johnson. Its exactly what he does and sadly it seems continues to do.

Brian Kirby - 2021-01-04 12:16 PM

747 - 2021-01-04 11:14 AM

John52 - 2021-01-04 11:11 AM

jumpstart - 2021-01-03 8:01 PM

People who voted for him ..like him.

Most wouldn't if they knew the truth

We could say the same about you. :->

Quite possibly, but he isn't PM! :-D

I'm sure that, down the pub, Johnson is quite a likeable chap, bit of a laugh.

Unfortunately being likeable is not necessarily a sign of ability to lead.

So far he doesn't look much good to me as a leader - maybe he will improve in the next four years ?

;-)

Barryd999 - 2021-01-04 11:00 AM

LOL! Blinded by Dogma. You dont think the Brexiteers and "New Baby Tories" from oop Norf were not blinded by Dogma putting a moron like Johnson in as PM to "Get Brexit done"? Its about time they dropped the "Dogma" and saw the emperors clothes for what they are. They got Brexit (Well a kind of "Meh" version of it) so they dont need to pretend anymore that the person they elected to get it done is not a total self obsessed moron whos actions, or none actions half the time have probably been responsible for the untimely deaths of thousands of people.

I think its a good summary of Johnson. Its exactly what he does and sadly it seems continues to do.

Good post Barry. The defence of Johnson by those that fawned over him has been has been almost as sad as Trumpism.....after all let's not forget one of his most vocal supporters on here once opened a thread prior to his conversion asking, "would you really want Boris as PM" commenting, "looks like he'd sell his Granny if he got a buyer". Once Johnson had been trained by his puppet master in parroting off all the daft inane soundbites, "get Brexit done" being just one of many, it was easy to feed the followers who began parroting and repeating the same meaningless dross. Johnson became Cummings ventriloquists dummy.

Worth reading that article in full.

malc d - 2021-01-04 12:30 PM

So far he doesn't look much good to me as a leader - maybe he will improve in the next four years ?

;-)

That's pretty much my view.

Some on here believe if you don't think Boris is PM material, then you must be a Corbyn supporter, I consider the last election like saying "do you want to step bare foot on a turd, or have one fall on your head".

;-)

His time has run out Malc. Folk have tired of his constant bumbling, dithering and constant U-turns and even those in his own party have had enough. I suspect he'll step down without a fight and buy a mansion in the country where he can sit on his gilded throne as Emperor Johnson surrounded by nubile nymphettes. :-|

https://tinyurl.com/yarxfeq8

colin - 2021-01-04 1:27 PM

;-)

Some on here believe if you don't think Boris is PM material, then you must be a Corbyn supporter --------

That is because some on here are unable to argue their case, and rely on trying to insult anyone who has got the better of them in a discussion / argument.

So no-one should be put off when someone calls them names - it most likely means they've won the argument !

;-)

malc d - 2021-01-04 2:06 PM

;-)

Some on here believe if you don't think Boris is PM material, then you must be a Corbyn supporter --------

That is because some on here are unable to argue their case, and rely on trying to insult anyone who has got the better of them in a discussion / argument.

So no-one should be put off when someone calls them names - it most likely means they've won the argument !

;-)

Beautiful ... Thanks for that ... Now I know why the hatey types on here have called me a "racist, Islamaphobe, extremist, right wing nut job, bigot, terrorist supporter" blah blah blah with nothing to back up those insults when challenged ... They had simply lost the argument ... Lordy it all makes sense now

Birdbrain - 2021-01-04 3:26 PM

;-)

;-)

Beautiful ... Thanks for that ... Now I know why the hatey types on here have called me a "racist, Islamaphobe, extremist, right wing nut job, bigot, terrorist supporter" blah blah blah with nothing to back up those insults when challenged ... They had simply lost the argument ... Lordy it all makes sense now

Yes and the same goes for being called a "loony lefty loser, mamby pamby liberal Jeremy corbyn terrorist supporter, fatty, hater" etc etc etc.

Have you had enough Nazi? or do you want some more! (lol)

Bulletguy - 2021-01-04 1:37 PM

;-)

His time has run out Malc. Folk have tired of his constant bumbling, dithering and constant U-turns and even those in his own party have had enough. I suspect he'll step down without a fight and buy a mansion in the country where he can sit on his gilded throne as Emperor Johnson surrounded by nubile nymphettes. :-|

From your Guardian newspaper link.

The public are deeply unhappy with the government’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic and the Brexit negotiations, a damning new poll suggests.

It should really read, "All those who voted Labour at the last election are deeply unhappy ... blah de blah .........

Barryd999 - 2021-01-04 4:09 PM

;-)

;-)

Yes and the same goes for being called a "loony lefty loser, mamby pamby liberal Jeremy corbyn terrorist supporter, fatty, hater" etc etc etc.

Only one of those I have thrown your way ... "hater" und thats because you are across many forums with the same hate agenda I would imagine

Birdbrain - 2021-01-04 5:02 PM

;-)

;-)

Only one of those I have thrown your way ... "hater" und thats because you are across many forums with the same hate agenda I would imagine

No. You have definitely called me a Liberal / Labour Jeremy Corbyn Terrorist supporter etc and of course made constant racist jokes about my weight. These are hurtful and of course against the forum rules. I could tell on you and get you "told off" but I'm not a grass. Calling someone a Hater is also very naughty and in itself is a hate crime!

747 - 2021-01-04 4:14 PM

Bulletguy - 2021-01-04 1:37 PM

;-)

From your Guardian newspaper link.

The public are deeply unhappy with the government’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic and the Brexit negotiations, a damning new poll suggests.

It should really read, "All those who voted Labour at the last election are deeply unhappy ... blah de blah .........

I didn't vote Labour and I'm very unhappy with this Government's performance.

747 - 2021-01-04 4:14 PM.............................From your Guardian newspaper link.

Hmmmmmm. Strange than that the poll was commissioned by the Sunday Times, and is being reported in most of the national papers. But hey, that's how you talk when blinded by dogma, especially if you are a Johnsonista. :-D

Brian Kirby - 2021-01-04 6:35 PM

747 - 2021-01-04 4:14 PM.............................From your Guardian newspaper link.

Hmmmmmm. Strange than that the poll was commissioned by the Sunday Times, and is being reported in most of the national papers. But hey, that's how you talk when blinded by dogma, especially if you are a Johnsonista. :-D

Yep.. The Johnsonistas seem to regard the Tories as a one man party.

They think that anyone who doesn't support Johnson must be a Labour voter.

(lol)

Barryd999 - 2021-01-04 5:26 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-04 5:02 PM

;-)

;-)

No. You have definitely called me a Liberal / Labour Jeremy Corbyn Terrorist supporter etc and of course made constant racist jokes about my weight. These are hurtful and of course against the forum rules. I could tell on you and get you "told off" but I'm not a grass. Calling someone a Hater is also very naughty and in itself is a hate crime!

Please show where I have called you a "Jeremy Corbyn Terrorist supporter"

malc d - 2021-01-04 7:17 PM

(lol)

(lol)

Johnsonista has a ring of Jonestown to it......strange people in these cults. :-|

Bulletguy - 2021-01-04 7:49 PM

(lol)

Johnsonista has a ring of Jonestown to it......strange people in these cults. :-|

Crikey ... How fecking strange

Archived