Why on earth did I buy that?

Tomo3090

Good Lord !! where do I start.

Will be asking everyone on here either later this week or early next week if they want anything that I am going to clear out.

Prices will vary from "collect yourself" to "pay the postage"

I have three different awnings for a start

Guest Tracker
crinklystarfish - 2007-10-30 10:21 AM

Can’t really add anything amusing because: 1) I’m from Yorkshire/>, and 2) I’m not stupid.

I did once buy one metre extra of low pressure gas piping that I didn’t actually need. Hope that helps.

Surely being from Yorkshire and not being stupid is a contradiction in terms Steve?A bit like the phrase 'government intelligence'!

Surely being from Yorkshire and not being stupid is a contradiction in terms Steve? A bit like the phrase 'government intelligence'!

Steady Rich Steady - Don't want to go down the "War of the Roses" path now do we.(lol)(lol)

Once bought a couple of those glass holders, on longish spikes, which you put into the ground, then placed your glass or can in then to hold them upright.Used them once, still got them somewhere in the garage of the van!!

Thai

Guest Tracker
J9withdogs - 2007-10-30 12:04 PM

Oxymoron

I thought Oxymoron was the latest detergent cleaner?

It must be good because it's been seen on TV - yeah right?

Tracker - 2007-10-30 11:00 AM Surely being from Yorkshire/> and not being stupid is a contradiction in terms Steve?

No Rich, you're confused again, you're thinking of the Welsh and being humorous.

I know it's a struggle for you, all these words with vowels and all.

Do ask if you need some help.

Getting back on track though, Every time I see a motorhome embedded on a site, with a Smart car in tow and a hook-up snaking away under the safari room; I wonder why they bought that – instead of a caravan.

Thai Bry - 2007-10-30 1:02 PM

There's 3 of you & you've got SIX of those spikes. Me thinks you've a drink problem NO?? Thai

Coming shortly

three folding seats with drinks holder in arm

three wind breaks, not linked to the above by the way.

two B&Q security anchors

two 12v lights, flourecent, one indoor one outdoor.

one purple light insect catcher

one white 5 gall water container with tap (square type}.

one briefcase solar panel complete with relay

one dash mountable small solar panel, plugs into cigar lighter

one door curtain thing to keep flies out, red white black

May be more yet, anyone wanting any of them just collect or arrange carriage

Guest Tracker
crinklystarfish - 2007-10-30 1:13 PM

Tracker - 2007-10-30 11:00 AM Surely being from Yorkshire/> and not being stupid is a contradiction in terms Steve?

No Rich, you're confused again, you're thinking of the Welsh and being humorous.

I know it's a struggle for you, all these words with vowels and all.

Do ask if you need some help.

Getting back on track though, Every time I see a motorhome embedded on a site, with a Smart car in tow and a hook-up snaking away under the safari room; I wonder why they bought that – instead of a caravan.

Good job I ain't Welsh then init!

Tracker - 2007-10-30 1:23 PM  Good job I ain't Welsh then init!

Yes, otherwise you couldn't have thought of such a witty response.

Syd,

As a man of otherwise sound judgement with an unswervingly well balanced view on morality, I have just one observation.

NEVER look at one of those catalogues that contain such useful consumer items as chin-gyms, pens that convert into fishing rods, and welly dryers.

Crinklystarfish

There is more to come only Im embarrassed to put it all up at once.

one petrol generator 950W

three gazebo's, sorry four

set of curtains for a caravan storezip awning, slightly soiled

caravanstore awning, about 8ft, NOT the ZIP

more later maybe

Syd - 2007-10-30 2:28 PM Crinklystarfish There is more to come only Im embarrassed to put it all up at once. one petrol generator 950W three gazebo's, sorry four set of curtains for a caravan storezip awning, slightly soiled caravanstore awning, about 8ft, NOT the ZIP more later maybe

Syd

Where on earth do you store all this stuff.

You're not connected to the "Gofeer" tribe in any way are you?. As in "he'll go for anything".:D:D

Thai

Thai Bry

I was forced to build a brick shed at the bottom of the garden for it all, anyway the items that are listed are just quotes from memory, wait until I get stuck into actually listing it all.

There may be more.

Must be that I like buying useless things because I like spending and then acting as Mr big guy by giving it all away.

My Dear wife took my bank card off me years ago.

25 differing ariel connecting cables of varying lengths

Tall, slim, half rotating, electric fan

Square,flat electric cooling fan, B&Q, quiet, about 2ft X 2ft

Aw fed up now, will have to keep something for tomorrow

Hymer C 9. - 2007-10-30 2:15 PM Crinklystarfish, I'm Welsh, your point being what. I'm of to my Grandaughters birthday party now in them there Welsh Hills. when I get back I'm sure I.ll have a list of why on earth did I put that. Carol.

Carol,

Rich and I enjoy a bit of a gentle pop at one another. He made a joke about where I'm from, so I did the same back. My joke played on the fact that Welsh people aren't very humorous and have a bit of a struggle with a language that contains vowels.

I was wrong and I'm sorry.

Archived