Wildge & Jude

michele

The Pm 's and the server is playing up I know others have had problems also . The only way I can answer is this and you are correct it is a friendly forum you only have to ask and the others are I am sure willing to help.

Anyway here goes but i will probably have to get help off the others also so watch out for everyone helping .Oh bye the way welcome..

Le Touquet has 3 Aires ..

One is based at the Nautical centre .You pay 6 euros per night If the man turns up to take your money . We often use this one prefering to stay here than near Calais. There is no electric unless they have installed it since last time . There is a bourne where you can plug in and pay for an hour or two . You can get fresh water at this one and dump your waste .

The other although I call it an Aire it isnt recognised as that it is at the equestrian centre so just follow the signs for the horses as you go past the stables turn right . This one has electric but last time I was there they were doing work to the equestrian centre this is a popular one actually they both are . again you pay 7 euro's for this one and water dump your waste although the waste and electric the last time we were there was being charged for on the Bourne not sure if this would always be the case as you used to be able to pull up get your place and just plug in again paying if the man came around .

We sometime use the Air port depending on the time of year and how busy Le Touquet is we have never had any trouble the police drive pass frequently and we have asked if it was a problem and were told no .

keep asking and you will learn . I will be back later with Honfluer unless anyone else can help ..

This is the Equestrian sign

Anyone got any pics of Honfluer can you post please.

Also can anyone give directions on one of them Maps please for Le Touquet and also Honfluer thanks guys

DSC_0064.jpg.eced10e9c488d205e8de119cd85592d1.jpg

Guest JudgeMental

were is the original question Michele?

welcome to the forum. Wildge and Jude :-D

You really need a decent map and a sat nav really helps..... you can get one with European mapping for under £100 these days. then you can load it with all the campsites and aires of France, from information freely available on here - all you need to do is ask :-D

plus some books.... www.vicarious books stock a good selection plus a good English edition Aires guide.

its a bit hard to give directions to an aire without looking at a map.......others more technically adept members may be able to help *-)

Its a Pm judge but the Pm server error was playing up so had to tell the Mods who have rectified it now ...so any help gratefully received to help them.

basically they would like directions to honfluer & Touquet Aires ..

Cheers Judge see you tomorrow night have the tea on in the que :D

Guest JudgeMental
michele - 2008-05-22 5:55 PM

Its a Pm judge but the Pm server error was playing up so had to tell the Mods who have rectified it now ...so any help gratefully received to help them.

basically they would like directions to honfluer & Touquet Aires ..

Cheers Judge see you tomorrow night have the tea on in the que :D

will try and get there in time to see you....

we may stop of at le touquet overnight, are you?

I will bring a bag of donuts lol

Thanks Judgemental

Have the tom tom 910 so can just about cope with that but seen all the bumf. on downloads etc. tried and too technical for me I keep getting lost. (not 2 difficult) Would have got the new vic. book out in June but will be on the ferry by then.We have the camping car etapes for the Aires but find it's a bit short on street names Will keep plugging away .........thanks for all the help

Jude

Thanks for all the trouble you've gone to Michelle in the middle of a meal as well.We leave for Fr.soil on the 4th June so I presume you will be back by then! I will raise a glass or 3 when we find it. :D

All I can remember is that it was a longish stroll into town all the way by the sea and came out next to the chappie who does all the sand sculptures at one end of the beach.If we keep going often enough we'll get to know the systems better.

Enjoy your break Thanks once more. Jude

You're welcome i just wish I could do a map for you but I can't :-S

having said that Le Touquet is easy go round the round about at Etaples over the bridge past the Air Port on your right drive around half a mile straight take the second right and that is the Equestrian Centre followed by the Base nautica it really is that simple . Honest :D

Hi Michele,

Try these maps - the red dots are the Aires.

Honfleur - Parking du bassin de l'Est : Turn right off rdabt before entering town proper, over small blue coloured swing bridge into road seen leading to carpark and motorhome park. Park first, have change ready to buy ticket from machine at entry, 7 euro includes water + 24hr parking.

Regards Terry

123483546_Honfleur(588x392).jpg.e581c0bd1880189dc340b769c1a3cac9.jpg

2047740630_Touquet(668x568).jpg.8cdf23fb4b2caaed46c7c5c73f898021.jpg

136702513_HonflleurAtNight(450x338).jpg.b625f85e3397848594a96f95cdd82b1e.jpg

Guest JudgeMental

Thanks to Terry, all you have to do is save these on your TT as waypoints, until you manage to download the set of Aires.... It may be worth a PM to W2G and he will direct you to the TT info on here.

but for now, just open your TT at Terry's map locations, and save the stops he has highlighted as waypoints. it is what I had to do before I got a sat nav with POI capability..... :-D

JudgeMental - 2008-05-23 2:39 AM Thanks to Terry, all you have to do is save these on your TT as waypoints, until you manage to download the set of Aires.... It may be worth a PM to W2G and he will direct you to the TT info on here. but for now, just open your TT at Terry's map locations, and save the stops he has highlighted as waypoints. it is what I had to do before I got a sat nav with POI capability..... :-D

If Wildge can PM me an email address I will gladly send you a set of French Aires (they're too big to post here!).

I've attached three itinerary files to this message to enable you to find the Honfleur Aire and the two Le Touquet ones.

When you get the Aires copy them to your map folder on your TomTom.

Copy the attached .ITN files to the ITN folder on your TomTom.

To use them click on 'Itinerary Planning' (Main Menu 2 of 3)

'Options'

'Load Itinerary' (select the one you want)

'Done', 'Yes', 'Fastest 'Route', 'Done'

Don't forget to send me a PM with your email address and I'll post you the aires to go with these instructions.

Way2Go

Honfleur_Aire.itn

Le_Touquet_Nautique.itn

Le_Touquet_Race_Course.itn

Terrytraveller - 2008-05-23 8:18 AM Really nice pictures W2G - thanks for sharing - it's suprising what you can do with a Brownie Box Camera if you have the skills :-D Regards Terry

Thanks Terry.  D'ya know I still get a buzz out of winding the film on and seeing the next number show up in the little red window.  Kodak produce some amazing technology these days.  I can't see anything taking the place of my box brownie.

It will be interesting to see which photos last the longest - film or digital.

I've got some 90 year old photos ( no, I didn't take them ) - I just wonder if, with all the continuous changes in technology, anyone will be able to view todays photos in 90 years time.

I imagine we will have to keep copying them onto different formats / discs etc. to keep them 'viewable'.

So don't retire your box Brownies just yet.

:-|

Hi W2G,

Just bought a 'Wind up radio' - so wind up or wind on is coming back into fashion. :-D

Hi Malc,

90 years on - I'm just doing my 70 years and my eyesight is failing :'(

Although I take alot of digital photo's, I tend to print out the best ones and put them in an album, the wife and I can then reminisce without lots of cables all over the place.

Mind you - the new LCD picture frames are getting cheaper now, so might go for one of those soon, you can have Glen Miller, Frank Sinatra and any other modern music in the background, whilst looking at your photo's. 8-)

Regards Terry

Terry

I take a lot of digital photos and also just print out the best - but I don't yet trust the inks not to fade over time. To keep them looking good it seems at the moment we must keep them in the dark.

Hopefully inks will improve - and then we will have to reprint them all.

Cheers

:-|

Guest JudgeMental
Way2Go - 2008-05-23 8:23 AM
Terrytraveller - 2008-05-23 8:18 AM Really nice pictures W2G - thanks for sharing - it's suprising what you can do with a Brownie Box Camera if you have the skills :-D Regards Terry

Thanks Terry. D'ya know I still get a buzz out of winding the film on and seeing the next number show up in the little red window. Kodak produce some amazing technology these days. I can't see anything taking the place of my box brownie.

Great photos W2G, now why did I go digital........ *-)

Archived