Winterton beach - Norfolk

malc d

Visited this beach ( which I reckon to be one of the best in the country ) the other day and found that motorhomes are no longer allowed in the car park at the beach front.

They did let me in but warned that if I turned in in the main season I would not get in.

I'm told it's because some motorhomers were camping there overnight against the clearly displayed rules and it gave the council some sort of aggro.

( So well done those 'campers' - none of whom I'm sure would be found on this forum).

Problem is that Winterton is a bit out of the way and there doesn't appear to be any where else there that we could park, so this posting may have saved someone a wasted journey.

:-(

Same thing seems to be cropping up in quite a few places Malc. Turned away from one beachside car park because the attendant claimed motorhomers were leaving to much litter behind which really got me going. Don,t think i,m being biased, but I believe no group of people are more aware or considerate with regards to the countryside than campers, caravanners or motorhomers.

At a loss to explain why we have this second class attitude shown in these circumstances, and can only suggest we take our hard earned money to places which offer a more enlightened and friendly welcome.

howie - 2008-04-17 11:34 PM

Same thing seems to be cropping up in quite a few places Malc. Turned away from one beachside car park because the attendant claimed motorhomers were leaving to much litter behind which really got me going. Don,t think i,m being biased, but I believe no group of people are more aware or considerate with regards to the countryside than campers, caravanners or motorhomers.

At a loss to explain why we have this second class attitude shown in these circumstances, and can only suggest we take our hard earned money to places which offer a more enlightened and friendly welcome.

Presumably at the beach you went to they only accept litter thrown from cars.

It's a funny old world. ;-)

Archived