Wintery photos

Dave Newell

Nice one Dave.

In the first piccie, they look almost like those "nets" of tiny white LED Christmas lights that every store seems to be selling now.

I have to say, very grumpily, that it's damn cold over here on the Costa Blanca today too.....only 11 degrees right on the coast when we were out this morning in the car, and the temp indicator dropped to 9 degrees as we drove back up the valley to our home in the village this afternoon (about 4.30pm).

And there's actually a thin covering of snow visible on the tops of the mountains inland from us, which is almost unheard of for this time of year....maybe expected for a few days in February, but NOT on 1st December.

Anyone travelling down this way in the near future had better keep their winter woollies to hand. It really ain't the usual shorts and sandals weather at the moment.

BRRRR!

Sorry to pinch the thread a min Dave but:

BGD - 2008-12-01 3:50 PM

I have to say, very grumpily, that it's damn cold over here on the Costa Blanca today too.....only 11 degrees right on the coast when we were out this morning in the car, and the temp indicator dropped to 9 degrees as we drove back up the valley to our home in the village this afternoon (about 4.30pm).

And there's actually a thin covering of snow visible on the tops of the mountains inland from us, which is almost unheard of for this time of year....maybe expected for a few days in February, but NOT on 1st December.

Anyone travelling down this way in the near future had better keep their winter woollies to hand. It really ain't the usual shorts and sandals weather at the moment.

BRRRR!

In Galicia they have already had a good dusting of snow, my b-i-l says he cannot at the mo get down to Madrid(for a family gathering)and they are expecting more snow over the weekend.

now back on topic very nice pics Dave, we have had frost covering the ground for 2 days where the sun isnt reaching.

Archived