Wonderful news

Bulletguy

A teenager from Iran who arrived by dinghy on a Kent beach on Christmas day has won a place at college – and hopes to become an airline pilot.

18-year-old Zainab Hossaini made the risky journey to the UK by herself from Iran. Now begun lessons for her PPL.

Of course the usual haters will kick off spitting venom over this, just watch. *-)

https://www.channel4.com/news/afghan-refugee-who-arrived-in-a-dinghy-now-in-pilot-training

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Makes you wonder why any 18 year old woman would want to leave a country ruled by the religion you constantly defend ... Imagine being a woman under the rule of the Islamic Republic of Iran where even removing the veil in public is punishable , ye removing a sheet that covers your face could mean 20 years in the slammer ... Im assuming she's Muslim , maybe she's a Christian and as a Christian woman in Muslim ruled Iran your really in trouble

Wow! So an immigrant looks like making her life a success. Are there so few that this is big news? I would hope that many of them emulate this girl and do well in life.

It definitely negates the thousands who, out of all proportion to their numbers in the UK, are clogging up our prisons and costing us billions.

It definitely negates the thousands of them running drugs, prostitution, people trafficking and forced labour rackets.

I hope that she appreciates her huge cost to the UK and, if she graduates, stays here and pays a lot of income tax.

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-25 7:19 AM

Wow! So an immigrant looks like making her life a success. Are there so few that this is big news? I would hope that many of them emulate this girl and do well in life.

It definitely negates the thousands who, out of all proportion to their numbers in the UK, are clogging up our prisons and costing us billions.

It definitely negates the thousands of them running drugs, prostitution, people trafficking and forced labour rackets.

I hope that she appreciates her huge cost to the UK and, if she graduates, stays here and pays a lot of income tax.

Are you saying that thousands of immigrants and refugees from Iran are clogging up our prisons and costing us billions? Evidence please.

Are you saying that thousands of immigrants and refugees from Iran are clogging up our prisons and costing us billions? Evidence please.

Barryd999 - 2019-08-25 9:57 AM

Er, no. Where did I mention immigrants from Iran?

Your reading and comprehension skills are on a par with Bulletlie's.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-08-25 8:57 AM

"From 2009 to 2018, the number of people entering detention per year has ranged from approximately 25,000 to 32,000."

"The annual cost of detention for the year ending March 2018 was £108 million (Home Office, 2018). In addition, compensation is payable to people who have been wrongly detained. In the financial year 2016–17, there were 143 cases of such wrongful detention, for which £3.3m compensation was paid."

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/immigration-detention-in-the-uk/

That's just the detention centers :-| ............Those in actual prison will be costing a lot more *-) ..........

No doubt you think we should allow folk like this bloke to stay?..........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7391183/Plane-mutiny-rapist-30-tried-flee-Britain-claims-depressed-deported.html

Perhaps you would like to put him up at your gaff? >:-) ...........

pelmetman - 2019-08-25 9:08 AM

"From 2009 to 2018, the number of people entering detention per year has ranged from approximately 25,000 to 32,000."

"The annual cost of detention for the year ending March 2018 was £108 million (Home Office, 2018). In addition, compensation is payable to people who have been wrongly detained. In the financial year 2016–17, there were 143 cases of such wrongful detention, for which £3.3m compensation was paid."

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/immigration-detention-in-the-uk/

That's just the detention centers :-| ............Those in actual prison will be costing a lot more *-) ..........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7391183/Plane-mutiny-rapist-30-tried-flee-Britain-claims-depressed-deported.html

Barrys explained many times Dave there is nothing in his whites only village for those he expects everyone else to take ... It just wouldnt be fair on them would it

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-25 9:04 AM

You said

"It definitely negates the thousands who, out of all proportion to their numbers in the UK, are clogging up our prisons and costing us billions. "

So where is the evidence that immigrants are costing us "billions" by putting them all in prison? As we were discussing an Iranian immigrant Im guessing this is another Muslim bashing thread. So come on, lets have the stats.

Barryd999 - 2019-08-25 10:53 AM

You said

"It definitely negates the thousands who, out of all proportion to their numbers in the UK, are clogging up our prisons and costing us billions. "

So where is the evidence that immigrants are costing us "billions" by putting them all in prison? As we were discussing an Iranian immigrant Im guessing this is another Muslim bashing thread. So come on, lets have the stats.

A Muslim bashing thread? What kind of warped mind can infer that from anything that's been said so far?

If I was referring to Iranian immigrants I would have said 'Iranian immigrants'. Anyone with an average IQ would have known that I was referring to 'immigrants'.

The cost of keeping foreign nationals in prison is over £140 million a year. And that's just EU citizens. Pelmet has already shown that detention centre costs are over £100 million.

https://fullfact.org/crime/eu-prisoners/#

That's £250 million plus every year.

That's over £1 billion every four years. And that's not counting non-EU immigrants.

Next?

jumpstart - 2019-08-25 8:17 AM

How does she afford the PPL?

After the Observer ran the initial report of Zainabs ambition to become an airline pilot, a reader offered to fund her initial flying lessons for a PPL. She's from Afghanistan.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/25/child-refugee-crossed-channel-dinghy-first-flying-lesson

No reason why she can't make it either as she has ambition....exactly the same which drove possibly the most unlikely of airline pilots, Bruce Dickinson, who is a fully qualified civil aviation pilot.

Guest pelmetman
Birdbrain - 2019-08-25 9:31 AM

pelmetman - 2019-08-25 9:08 AM

Barrys explained many times Dave there is nothing in his whites only village for those he expects everyone else to take ... It just wouldnt be fair on them would it

Fat chance of our resident "holier than thou" hypocrites stepping up to the plate *-) ..........

Bulletguy - 2019-08-25 10:50 AM

And.........whoooosh, in came the usual haters first thing this morning.

Must have each other on speed dial. *-)

Your obsession with me now goes further ... You use my sayings ... Your up early aren't ya , are the family up to stay

Birdbrain - 2019-08-25 12:52 PM

Your obsession with me now goes further ...

LMFAO....don't flatter yourself but i wasn't wrong was i? *-)

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-25 10:06 AM

You said

A Muslim bashing thread? What kind of warped mind can infer that from anything that's been said so far?

If I was referring to Iranian immigrants I would have said 'Iranian immigrants'. Anyone with an average IQ would have known that I was referring to 'immigrants'.

The cost of keeping foreign nationals in prison is over £140 million a year. And that's just EU citizens. Pelmet has already shown that detention centre costs are over £100 million.

That's over £1 billion every four years. And that's not counting non-EU immigrants.

Next?

£140 million a year for just 4000 prisoners from the EU. That doesnt sound much to me and certainly not the billions you mentioned, Clearly considering how many EU citizens there are here just 4000 being locked up doesnt sound many does it?

So how much do none EU citizen prisoners cost us then or could I be right in assuming your billions figure included anyone with a brown skin? I.e British citizens.

Barryd999 - 2019-08-25 5:52 PM

You said

Next?

£140 million a year for just 4000 prisoners from the EU. That doesnt sound much to me and certainly not the billions you mentioned, Clearly considering how many EU citizens there are here just 4000 being locked up doesnt sound many does it?

So how much do none EU citizen prisoners cost us then or could I be right in assuming your billions figure included anyone with a brown skin? I.e British citizens.

There are times when I worry about your level of intelligence. Your comment about counting anyone with brown skin is typical of your slimy and nasty dialogue.

All foreign prisoners occupy more places than their ratio in the community. From memory there are 8% in the country and 11% in prisons.

You asked for proof and I provided it. Didn't you read my link? I've shown you that prison costs and detention centre costs add up to over £250 million a year and that's without non-EU prisoners.

Even without non-EU prisoners, every four years it's over a billion. How can my claim of billions be wrong? Over ten years it will probably be about £4 billion including non - EU prisoners.

As for the costs, can't you do simple arithmetic? £140 million divided by 4000 is £35,000 per prisoner per year, which is actually on the low side.

Give up whilst you're losing.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-08-25 4:52 PM

Seeing how hard it is for criminals to get locked up in the UK :-| .........

I would guess 4000 EU criminals is just a tiny minority of the EU criminals actually carrying out crimes in the UK >:-( ..........

It wouldn't be so bad if we could kick the feckers out after they'd served their sentence........but we know the chances of that happening is even smaller than the chances of them getting caught *-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-08-25 9:58 PM

I would guess 4000 EU criminals is just a tiny minority of the EU criminals actually carrying out crimes in the UK >:-( ..........

It wouldn't be so bad if we could kick the feckers out after they'd served their sentence........but we know the chances of that happening is even smaller than the chances of them getting caught *-) ........

So why are you so excitable at the prospect of no deal when that would make matters a whole lot more difficult for the police and NCA as if Brexit alone isn't bad enough?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jul/27/nca-harvesting-eu-databases-owing-to-risk-of-no-deal-brexit

Bulletguy - 2019-08-25 4:10 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-08-25 12:52 PM

Your obsession with me now goes further ...

LMFAO....don't flatter yourself but i wasn't wrong was i? *-)

"LMFAO" so the family aren't visiting then ???

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-25 5:13 PM

You said

Next?

There are times when I worry about your level of intelligence. Your comment about counting anyone with brown skin is typical of your slimy and nasty dialogue.

All foreign prisoners occupy more places than their ratio in the community. From memory there are 8% in the country and 11% in prisons.

You asked for proof and I provided it. Didn't you read my link? I've shown you that prison costs and detention centre costs add up to over £250 million a year and that's without non-EU prisoners.

Even without non-EU prisoners, every four years it's over a billion. How can my claim of billions be wrong? Over ten years it will probably be about £4 billion including non - EU prisoners.

As for the costs, can't you do simple arithmetic? £140 million divided by 4000 is £35,000 per prisoner per year, which is actually on the low side.

When you talk about how much stuff costs the country you tend to talk in terms of annual costs. So you could say lots of things cost Billions of pounds using your methodology. I could say Ive spaffed over a million quid on fine booze and nice cheese and it could possibly be true, over the last thirty years!

I am pretty sure without looking the percentage of EU criminals in our prisons is less than our home grown criminals but if none EU immigrants are a higher percentage then once again you have scored an own goal as you have seen to it that the EU migrants are leaving in their droves only to see none EU migration shoot up. Not only that but the EU immigrants we are losing are doctors and nurses, the criminals will probably stay!

As for losing, its a term you angry red faced folk are obsessed with isnt it.

*-)

We will all be losers I am afraid in your madcap race to the bottom just because you dont like foreigners.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-08-25 10:56 PM

pelmetman - 2019-08-25 9:58 PM

So why are you so excitable at the prospect of no deal when that would make matters a whole lot more difficult for the police and NCA as if Brexit alone isn't bad enough?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jul/27/nca-harvesting-eu-databases-owing-to-risk-of-no-deal-brexit

Brexit wont make it any worse than it is now *-) ...........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-08-26 7:41 AM

We will all be losers I am afraid in your madcap race to the bottom just because you dont like foreigners.

Incorrect ;-) ..............48% is not "all" :-| ............It's not even a majority >:-) .........

Barryd999 - 2019-08-26 8:41 AM

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-25 5:13 PM

You said

Next?

When you talk about how much stuff costs the country you tend to talk in terms of annual costs. So you could say lots of things cost Billions of pounds using your methodology. I could say Ive spaffed over a million quid on fine booze and nice cheese and it could possibly be true, over the last thirty years!

I am pretty sure without looking the percentage of EU criminals in our prisons is less than our home grown criminals but if none EU immigrants are a higher percentage then once again you have scored an own goal as you have seen to it that the EU migrants are leaving in their droves only to see none EU migration shoot up. Not only that but the EU immigrants we are losing are doctors and nurses, the criminals will probably stay!

As for losing, its a term you angry red faced folk are obsessed with isnt it.

*-)

I despair of you. I prove how much foreign criminals cost but now you're whinging that I give annual costs. Is that the childish, pathetic level of your debating skills?

Fact, the number of foreign-born prisoners in prison is much greater than their percentage in the population. It's easy to Google it but you won't because you hate anything that doesn't support your Remainer fanaticism.

And once more you make slimy and disgusting accusations against me. I don't dislike foreigners you utter, utter brainless clown, I dislike foreigners who come here and commit crime, who rob and rape and run drugs, prostitution and people-smuggling rackets.

I welcome skilled people from all over the world without whom the NHS would collapse. I welcome entrepreneurs and genuine asylum seekers escaping tyranny.

But I want the UK to have control over whom we admit. I don't want Albanian thugs and Romanian rapists whom we now can't deport because they're EU citizens.

You've thrown about accusations of Muslim bashing, suggested that I'm including brown - skinned British in my listing of foreign criminals and now you say that I don't like foreigners.

You're an utter disgrace. You lie and libel because your mind is warped and twisted by your Remainer zealotry. You really should have given up whilst you were losing. Stop digging the hole that you're in. Foreign criminals in our prisons are immensely costly and out of proportion to their population in the UK.

But what's worse is the crimes that put them there in the first place.

Archived