Would You Vote For This Man to Run Your Police Department?

BGD

boasting about having 10k in prison from a population of 3,636k, are you kidding - seems to me he - or the system is doing something very wrong.

Or do you really fancy the idea of doubling the UK prison population??

do you really think that that system is working ??????

B-)

BGD - 2008-06-19 1:47 PM

His name is Joe Arpaio.

Here's the Link to his Sheriff's website in the USA:

http://www.mcso.org/index.php?a=Home

I most definitely would vote for him.

[/quote

Two points. Why hasn't any of the baddies shot him, and I think that if a similar person tried it in this country, we are so over run by dogooders and peoples rights campaigners, it wouldn't even fly. anyway he'd get my vote as well.

Mick H.

twooks - 2008-06-19 2:07 PM

boasting about having 10k in prison from a population of 3,636k, are you kidding - seems to me he - or the system is doing something very wrong.

B-)

The reason the system is failing is because it is too easy on them when they are inside.Prisoner rights? You should give up rights when you do wrong.

Mick H.

Mick H. - 2008-06-19 2:24 PM

twooks - 2008-06-19 2:07 PM

B-)

The reason the system is failing is because it is too easy on them when they are inside.Prisoner rights? You should give up rights when you do wrong.

Mick H.

so you're saying that they are twice as easy on them when they're inside over there as they are here??????

interesting -

still say it can't be working if the numbers inside are increasing - and theirs are twice ours

don't understand the big deal with the marquee - presumably they have so many people queuing up to get in prison that they're resorting to temporary dwellings

B-)

zero tolerance worked in newyork...........not even the liberal do gooding yoghurt knitters can disagree with that.

Being 'understanding' of the scum in this country has not worked. The labour do gooding undertanding way hasnt worked, lets try another way, the way most people in this country would vote for at the drop of a hat, but none of the major partys will do it. *-)

handyman - 2008-06-19 5:14 PM

zero tolerance worked in newyork...........not even the liberal do gooding yoghurt knitters can disagree with that.

Being 'understanding' of the scum in this country has not worked. The labour do gooding undertanding way hasnt worked, lets try another way, the way most people in this country would vote for at the drop of a hat, but none of the major partys will do it. *-)

With you on this one Handyman

Mick H.

Handyman, sorry bit of a diversity here.... I've just realised what your avatar is!!!! I thought it was you in some kind of bondage situation .... I thought the dog's nose was your head, and you were lying on your back away from the camera on some kind of stool with thin legs!!!!! and tied up in polythene 8-)

I was a bit dubious of you....

Anyway, I agree on a more zero tolerance approach, but not sure whether the bloke in America has got it right ... looks doubtful.

not talking about being 'understanding' and have no wish to get involved in a pointless head-banging diatribe -

merely looking at the math

prison anywhere - can't be effective if such a large proportion of the population is in it - simple common sense - whether it serves to satisfy brutal instincts - of inmates, wardens or the general public notwithstanding.

by the same token - making drugs illegal clearly doesn't work - people are still taking 'em in vast numbers -

so if something aint working then imo it's time for a re-think,

a bit of lateral thought perhaps - if that is not entirely beyond the knee jerk sound bite driven talk tough do nowt self serving .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .oiks

B-)

well - I'm off for a glass of red - before that gets banned as well

handyman - 2008-06-19 5:14 PM

This is not a brag it is a simple statement of fact

We live in an area where most people would choose NOT to live, one can reasonably expect to experience problems when living here, some of a rather serious nature, at some time during each year.

I strongly advocate and fiercly practice a zero tollerence attitude.

I have lived here for about 18 years and have experienced only two such problems, each time I have closed the incidents in my own seemingly harsh way. Word quickly gets around.

Zero tollerence seems to be working for me but it will never work here because it means a total change of attitude in all branches of authority and it also means them ALL working together instead of against each other for a change.

A bit more news about the lowlife who pinched my sons holiday money and had the accident in the toilets has just filtered through to me.

A couple of days before his recent accident he burgled an old womans home, her husband had very recently died, he took all of his gold rings, necklace etc and her wedding ring and all of her monet too plus some other items.

Sadly for him, because Im sure he didnt know this, the lady has relatives who have friends that are far far better not interfered with. They are hunting him plus there is a cash reward offered for information on his whereabouts.

Good night sailor, here comes a really big accident

Archived