Yorkshire floods

Bulletguy

Yesterday Johnson seized a photo opportunity at a flooded house. His contribution was a mop and bucket whilst waffling about "get brexit done" as if that's going to sort the flood *-) Today he got an even frostier reception.

I thought the Cameroon Canutes presence during previous floods was bad enough but uncaring Johnsons is even worse. Needless to say neither have listened to farmers, many of whom have lived their entire lives there, about dredging and the idiotic practice of building on flood plains.

All we ever see of Johnson when he goes out to meet real people is them giving him a mouthful. where are all his supporters? I am surprised his advisers haven't locked him away somewhere. Remainers and the anti tory lot dont seem to mind going out and making themselves heard. The Brexiteers and Johnson supporters seem to be hibernating. Could that be damaging for Johnson? Look at the anti Brexit march on the 31st of October where Mark Penfold Francois said the country would "explode". About 25 people turned up. There was a million on the remainer march.

Guest pelmetman

So Boris is responsible for the floods? *-) .............

It couldn't possibly be that our resident LABOUR LOSERS are trying to deflect the responsibility of the incompetent response from the ruling LABOUR COUNCIL? >:-) ...........

pelmetman - 2019-11-14 7:42 AM

(!)

It may well be that the governments over the last few years are responsible because of flood defences built further up river, which have caused flooding in areas that haven't been flooded before. I expect that will be looked into.

Johnson is obviously not personally responsible but, as Prime Minister, he is supposed to at least look as if he cares, and take urgent steps to help out ( not wait a week ) and not simply see it as a photo opportunity.

I think he is currently being very badly advised about what to do every day, by Cummings

:-|

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-11-14 9:06 AM

(!)

It may well be that the governments over the last few years are responsible because of flood defences built further up river, which have caused flooding in areas that haven't been flooded before. I expect that will be looked into.

Johnson is obviously not personally responsible but, as Prime Minister, he is supposed to at least look as if he cares, and take urgent steps to help out ( not wait a week ) and not simply see it as a photo opportunity.

I think he is currently being very badly advised about what to do every day, by Cummings

Its funny how the part played by the local "Labour" authorities is being ignored by our resident Remoaners? *-) ........

Any stick or mop to beat Boris will do eh? ;-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-11-14 9:34 AM

malc d - 2019-11-14 9:06 AM

(!)

Its funny how the part played by the local "Labour" authorities is being ignored by our resident Remoaners? *-) ........

You're getting confused again Dave.

The floods are nothing to do with Brexit.

I don't think even you can blame Labour councillors for the fact that it took Johnson so long to visit the flooded areas.

(. and so far I haven't seen any photo oppurtunies by Labour councillors - so I can't comment on those ).

;-)

It couldn't possibly be that our resident LABOUR LOSERS are trying to deflect the responsibility of the incompetent response from the ruling LABOUR COUNCIL? >:-) ..........

Government is directly responsible but they've not LISTENED to those who know what should be done. Your lot have had 10 years but done NOTHING but cut, cut, cut, to give tax breaks to those that don't need it and leave the Environment Agency hopelessly undermanned and ill equipped.

Council budgets are set by national government and the incompetence is coming from a government you're defending purely for no other reason than you believe Johnson is going to deliver your silly Brexit. You don't give a flying fig about some of those folk who have lost everything. Selfish sod.

Barryd999 - 2019-11-13 10:21 PM

All we ever see of Johnson when he goes out to meet real people is them giving him a mouthful. where are all his supporters?

I am surprised his advisers haven't locked him away somewhere.

His team seem to be in lockdown today..

On Andrew Neils Politics show today they couldn't get any Tory representatives to come on the programme.

Maybe having a rethink about their strategy ?

;-)

Birdbrain - 2019-11-14 5:47 PM

Looks like The Tories or should we say Boris is now responsible for the rain ... Sad , wet drips

Classic Straw man argument.

Make up something like Boris being responsible for the rain, and then ridicule people for saying something they didn't.

Seriously, if it was genuine concern wouldn't BoJo be doing his mopping up in the house of an uninsured victim who has lost stuff they can't afford to replace?, instead of a branch of a hugely profitable worldwide store chain ffs? Of all the victims Specsavers is probably the one who can most easily look out for themselves. So why does BoJo choose them ?

John52 - 2019-11-14 6:25 PM

Of all the victims Specsavers is probably the one who can most easily look out for themselves.

So why does BoJo choose them ?

I doubt very much if Johnson did choose them.

It would be a question of selecting a building with the right lighting conditions for the photo shoot.

Probably chosen by Cummings or one of his team of minders.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-11-14 12:42 PM

It couldn't possibly be that our resident LABOUR LOSERS are trying to deflect the responsibility of the incompetent response from the ruling LABOUR COUNCIL? >:-) ..........

Government is directly responsible but they've not LISTENED to those who know what should be done. Your lot have had 10 years but done NOTHING but cut, cut, cut, to give tax breaks to those that don't need it and leave the Environment Agency hopelessly undermanned and ill equipped.

Council budgets are set by national government and the incompetence is coming from a government you're defending purely for no other reason than you believe Johnson is going to deliver your silly Brexit. You don't give a flying fig about some of those folk who have lost everything. Selfish sod.

So what did Labour do in the preceding 13 years? >:-) ...........

Feck all *-) .......

Stupid sod >:-) .......

Birdbrain - 2019-11-14 5:47 PM

Looks like The Tories or should we say Boris is now responsible for the rain ... Sad , wet drips

Classic Straw man argument.

Make up something like Boris being responsible for the rain, and then ridicule people for saying something they didn't.

Seriously, if it was genuine concern wouldn't BoJo be doing his mopping up in the house of an uninsured victim who has lost stuff they can't afford to replace?, instead of a branch of a hugely profitable worldwide store chain ffs? Of all the victims Specsavers is probably the one who can most easily look out for themselves. So why does BoJo choose them ?

My Auntie got flooded out in Hull during our last Labour Governments term in office ... She lived in rented property for 2 years before being allowed back in her home , did she , me or anyone else blame the Labour Government for her troubles ??? ... No we didn't ... Like Grenfell which you dont care about other than political point scoring all you care about with the flooding is the same , blaming The Tories ... Its pathetic , sad and disgraceful you use others misery to try and make some silly point

malc d - 2019-11-14 6:38 PM

Of all the victims Specsavers is probably the one who can most easily look out for themselves.

It would be a question of selecting a building with the right lighting conditions for the photo shoot.

Too afraid to venture in anybody's house but Cummings would have checked out the home owners political persuasion so he got a favourable reception. The photo opportunity he did was so contrived it was almost as bad as the hospital visit he did a few weeks ago.

Birdbrain - 2019-11-14 6:53 PM

... Its pathetic , sad and disgraceful you use others misery to try and make some silly point

Actually, that comment would be appropriate for BoJo.

Wheras I'm not the one going into the premises of the victim who least needs support, for a photo shoot, where the worst off victims are shut out by my minders. What sort of cretin would be fooled by a stunt like that *-)

Oh and I didn't blame the Tories for the floods either, let alone the rain.

malc d - 2019-11-14 6:38 PM

That may be so.

But Specsavers certainly wasn't chosen on the basis of which victim most needed support, was it.

Archived