Yorkshireman needs therapy!

Bulletguy

Sounds about right for London prices to me. Its probably that much to park your car for the day now. 30 years ago I used to park overnight in a car park just off Piccadilly and it was £24. You can certainly run through some cash down there. Unless you are one of the few that earns proper money you are much better off living ooop North.

Our local award winning chippy tell me everything is going up in price because of Brexit mind.

Barryd999 - 2021-06-07 6:31 PM

Sounds about right for London prices to me. Its probably that much to park your car for the day now.

Keeps Council Tax down - last I heard was a 3 bed semi in Newark cost more than Buckingham Palace.

Birdbrain - 2021-06-07 7:00 PM

Stinky fish and chips ... Yuk ... Make your own, much healthier

I Oven Bake battered fish from the supermarket

But the batter has got thicker and the fish portions smaller as Brexit raises the price of it :-S

So I now have to have 4 portions and cut the batter off for the birds - even with 4 portions still not that much fish

John52 - 2021-06-08 4:25 AM

Birdbrain - 2021-06-07 7:00 PM

Stinky fish and chips ... Yuk ... Make your own, much healthier

I Oven Bake battered fish from the supermarket

But the batter has got thicker and the fish portions smaller as Brexit raises the price of it :-S

So I now have to have 4 portions and cut the batter off for the birds - even with 4 portions still not that much fish

Cant say I have noticed a price hike in the fish we buy, maybe it has ... The fishing industry is complex and many things result in price hikes ... Take a look at this piece from 2013, I dont think the word Brexit had even been thought of then and fish prices were at an all time high, blaming Brexit makes for a better story though ... https://www.seafoodsource.com/news/supply-trade/seafood-prices-to-rise-70-percent-by-2050

Barryd999 - 2021-06-08 9:34 AM

Its called "Shrinkflation" and you wont notice the price hikes but you should notice the diminishing quantity and in some cases quality.

Ever since the referendum its been happening.

https://www.bestforbritain.org/shrinkflation

Cartons or packs of whatever food are often the size they were a few years back but the weight isn't. Price will have increased and weight decreased.

Barryd999 - 2021-06-08 9:34 AM

Its called "Shrinkflation" and you wont notice the price hikes but you should notice the diminishing quantity and in some cases quality.

Ever since the referendum its been happening.

https://www.bestforbritain.org/shrinkflation

Given we buy fresh fish I cant say I have noticed the fish Shrinkfaltioning or the price hikes ... You know best

Archived