You'd Better Double Up At Asda

antony1969

We've had it ... https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1078940/brexit-news-no-deal-food-price-shortage-mcdonalds-kfc-sainsbury-s-asda ... Little old Britain somehow managed through the devastation of WW2 but it looks like the we are all guna be on diets and eating cats and dogs Venezuela style the day after a no deal ... How the older generation must be laughing at all this silliness

I bet the older generation wont be laughing if it turns out to be true and they end up paying a lot more for what is on the shelves along with possible shortages of medicines they need. Still its what most of them voted for. Maybe they were hankering after the good old days of the Blitz spirit and rationing.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-29 7:57 AM

I bet the older generation wont be laughing if it turns out to be true and they end up paying a lot more for what is on the shelves along with possible shortages of medicines they need. Still its what most of them voted for. Maybe they were hankering after the good old days of the Blitz spirit and rationing.

Is Spain the only country that grows lettuce? ;-) ..........

I had some green beans from Peru the other day, and I expect that they're were fresher than any salad crops from Spain, as they are at least a week to ten days old by the time it arrives in your local supermarket :D ........

Aaaah the old medical shortages guff again. ... Over 70 percent of food stuffs that come from overseas do so from non EU countries ... As for those companies screaming panic I see McDonalds are one , now I don't eat such junk but I thought all beef and potatoes used by them come 100 percent from UK farmers ... Have we started stockpiling Renault/ Mercedes/BMW etc etc motors yet

antony1969 - 2019-01-29 8:55 AM

Aaaah the old medical shortages guff again. ... Over 70 percent of food stuffs that come from overseas do so from non EU countries ... As for those companies screaming panic I see McDonalds are one , now I don't eat such junk but I thought all beef and potatoes used by them come 100 percent from UK farmers ... Have we started stockpiling Renault/ Mercedes/BMW etc etc motors yet

Psst .... your fruit and veg will be cheaper (not more expensive) when it is not sourced in the EU. Bad news for the Spanish and Portuguese etc. but good news for places like North African countries and elsewhere.

747 - 2019-01-29 9:42 AM

Psst .... your fruit and veg will be cheaper (not more expensive) when it is not sourced in the EU. Bad news for the Spanish and Portuguese etc. but good news for places like North African countries and elsewhere.

.....and we'll be killing off the planet even quicker than we are already

Guest pelmetman
HarveyHeaven - 2019-01-29 9:52 AM

Perhaps we should grow more food at home then? >:-) .............

BTW ......North Africa isn't that far from Southern Spain where our salad crops come from :D .........

If it was shipped by ship direct from there it would probably be cheaper and save the planet B-) ........

Not really because a lot of the stuff already comes from African countries we already have a trade deal with at zero% Tariff anyway.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-29 10:43 AM

Not really because a lot of the stuff already comes from African countries we already have a trade deal with at zero% Tariff anyway.

Hmmm *-) ..........

It could prolly be a lot cheaper if it wasn't for the EU >:-) ..........

http://www.tuaeu.co.uk/how-the-eu-starves-africa/

I don't imagine the EU growers and exporters will be too pleased with how the EU will have dropped their businesses in the doo dah either.

Importing less and reverting to fruit and veg only in season will not do any of us any harm and UK farmers might just see an opportunity to once more feed our nation.

HarveyHeaven - 2019-01-29 9:52 AM

But you travelling around in your motorhome dont count I suppose ... Lordy

pelmetman - 2019-01-29 10:58 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-01-29 10:43 AM

Hmmm *-) ..........

It could prolly be a lot cheaper if it wasn't for the EU >:-) ..........

http://www.tuaeu.co.uk/how-the-eu-starves-africa/

How dare you post anti EU facts to these fine upstanding people. >:-)

Just a thought? Maybe that is why so many Africans are attempting to come here. They want a seat on the gravy train. It's better than starving because they cannot farm their own land thanks to the EU.

Were all going to die ... Well according to the experts if we have a no deal ... 12000 will die before 2030 because of no deal ... https://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk-news/2019/01/28/brexit-could-lead-to-thousands-more-dying-as-food-prices-rise-study/ ... So now its not just murder and hate crimes all of us Brexit types are being blamed for ... Lordy

Archived